Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:48 AM
Go Dodgers!

Re: JR Ensey Chimes in on Hair Laying: Dec. 2010

There is no biblical precedent or practice of laying on hair, letting down hair to summon angels or whatever.

The people that do these things, from the stories we are told, believe there is some connection to their hair and what Paul said and their hair being "my glory", a distorted view of what Paul actually meant

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:56 AM
Love God, Love Your Neighbor

I know from experience that a side effect of that gospel is great fear. Fear that if you even snip a piece of gum out of your hair, that you've broken the power of God in your life. That really bad things are now going to happen to you.

It's almost like an evil curse is now on you because you snipped one hair. That's dangerous doctrine.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:40 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialite View Post
If they do it as a discipline or consecration, wonderful. That's a slim minority I'd imagine.

But HMH suggest, like other false biblical doctrines, that we can do enough to earn God's goodness or satisfy God's demands. The Gospel importance of Jesus is somehow missing. It's idolatry in that context.
I think it's a slim minority that believes in the holy magic. Most who don't cut their hair simply believe it's the best way to achieve the "long hair" of Cor 11.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 12-08-2010, 06:53 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AQuietPlace* View Post
I know from experience that a side effect of that gospel is great fear. Fear that if you even snip a piece of gum out of your hair, that you've broken the power of God in your life. That really bad things are now going to happen to you.

It's almost like an evil curse is now on you because you snipped one hair. That's dangerous doctrine.
I was talking to a close friend of mine regarding "angelic power on her head" and "angels in her hair" and she drew parallels between an electrical power line and her hair and said "It doesn't matter where you cut a power line, if you cut it, the power is out."

I was floored. It saddens me to think that she was teaching her daughters that they have angels in their hair.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:59 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Doesn't our power come from the Holy Ghost?
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 12-08-2010, 07:13 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
Doesn't our power come from the Holy Ghost?
Only if you don't cut your hair...?
Old 12-08-2010, 07:16 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
See? I really don't get it. Scripture is very plain about where our power comes from. Hello?
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 12-08-2010, 07:22 AM
Forever Loved Admin

For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels. 1 Corinthians 11:10 KJV.

Head, not hair. It would make more sense if some thought it meant our minds instead of our hair, wouldn't it?

And especially long or uncut hair, where is that in that scripture?

Old 12-08-2010, 08:01 AM
Registered Member

Location: Migrate around the Mid West, from Michigan - Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post

I decided to ask what scriptures they stand on. This is what was given to me.

1 Corinthians 11:6~NLT
Yes, if she refuses to wear a head covering, she should cut off all her hair. And since it is shameful for a woman to have her hair cut or her head shaved, then she should wear a covering.

1 Corinthians 11:15~NLT
Isn't it obvious that long hair is a woman's pride and joy? For has been given to her as a COVERING.

As I ask around no one has admitted to the "laying on of hair" or "angels in their hair". ( which I have never heard of in my life! You have got to be stretching this, Justin please say you are kidding).
Old 12-08-2010, 08:32 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
I decided to ask what scriptures they stand on. This is what was given to me.

1 Corinthians 11:6~NLT
Yes, if she refuses to wear a head covering, she should cut off all her hair. And since it is shameful for a woman to have her hair cut or her head shaved, then she should wear a covering.

1 Corinthians 11:15~NLT
Isn't it obvious that long hair is a woman's pride and joy? For has been given to her as a COVERING.

As I ask around no one has admitted to the "laying on of hair" or "angels in their hair". ( which I have never heard of in my life! You have got to be stretching this, Justin please say you are kidding).
I have never personally seen anyone laying hair on anyone, but I have seen the preaching videos and read the testimonials and pictures.

I have, however, heard from our close friend, about the angels in the hair, (that's what she tells her girls), and the "power" parallel between an electric power line and the hair on her head. First hand experience.

My Pastor played the infamous Stoneking @ CLC hair message video about 5 years ago (the one with all of the occult references). This was before I had the Holy Ghost, and I didn't think much about the preaching. I remember thinking, "that's interesting", but never looking further in to it, until years later.

Also, it was "spoken in the Holy Ghost" over the pulpit at my church last year that there is power in a woman's hair, even witches know this. There were a lot of amen's in the audience. I spoke with this person a few months later, and he admits to speaking before fact-checking. Since then, I haven't heard anything over the pulpit regarding the subject.