Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
I think we get too caught up with "revival". Why not just concentrate on doing what we need to do i.e. living for God the way we ought? If revival needs to happen, God will send it.

I'm talking about REAL TRUE AUTHENTIC revival. Not the kind where an evangelist comes in and gets everyone excited for a few days or weeks and then once he's gone it all goes back to "normal" again.
See the part in bold sister? That actually IS revival. It's not sinners that need to be revived. Revival means to revive something. What needs to be REvived? A sinner that never knew God? Or a church that is barely limping? It's the church that needs revival and we should always either be in a constant state of reviving or growing stronger or renewing things that are slipping or just not letting them slip to begin with and if we did that we would be reaching the lost. God is not gonna send a revival. revival is not a blessing God sends. It's a state of being for the church. Our world is impacted by a church that is revived and on fire.

I don't think we've been caught up enough with "revival"...that's really our problem imo.

Your later statement suggests you probably understand what I am saying
Old 03-01-2007, 10:04 PM

Quote:
But this idea that God has to have us (the UPC) to reach the world for Him is killing us.
I'm still unsure ... on this one CS ...
Old 03-01-2007, 10:11 PM
The LORD will fight for you

I Thank God For Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfWord View Post
I agree with CS wholeheartedly!!!

It is almost like people keep pulling "slot machine handle" just one more time in meeting after meeting just to have "revival." Most folks don't have a clue of what the means. Most folks think revival is some sterile environment where all that basically happens is a huge amount of people get saved.

In true revivals, people's sinfulness is revealed to them and it drives people to their faces first not their feet. Revival is held out to people like a piece of candy that is nothing but sweetness.

It is arrogant for ANY organization to feel that THEY are the ones entrusted with the "holy grail" of the moving of God's spirit.
That resonates more truth regarding the state of today's churches with so much focus on inner-ministering. We've become sheep gorging ourselves week after week in our churches; rarely, aware of the lost dying sheep all around us.

Why do so many saints lack the compassionate heart of our Lord? Perhaps, it's just many following the lead of their local shepherd.

When shepherds grow old in their traditional and familiar pastures, the prospect of leaving for greener ones can be daunting. I pray and believe that this is the beginning of the revival that will go on throughout eternity.

We know the true God. We know His name. We must have His heart of love.

Isaiah 53:5: "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."(KJV)

"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." Dwight L. Moody
Old 03-01-2007, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosenbyone View Post
That resonates more truth regarding the state of today's churches with so much focus on inner-ministering. We've become sheep gorging ourselves week after week in our churches; rarely, aware of the lost dying sheep all around us.

Why do so many saints lack the compassionate heart of our Lord? Perhaps, it's just many following the lead of their local shepherd.

When shepherds grow old in their traditional and familiar pastures, the prospect of leaving for greener ones can be daunting. I pray and believe that this is the beginning of the revival that will go on throughout eternity.

We know the true God. We know His name. We must have His heart of love.
Hey Chosen .. you rock!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2007, 10:24 PM
The LORD will fight for you

Come DJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
Hey Chosen .. you rock!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks, bro. Throw some Nicole C. Mullen down, "I Know My Redeemer Lives". That song rocks!!!

Isaiah 53:5: "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."(KJV)

"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." Dwight L. Moody
Old 03-01-2007, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosenbyone View Post
Thanks, bro. Throw some Nicole C. Mullen down, "I Know My Redeemer Lives". That song rocks!!!
http://respiracreative.com/music/ways.mp3

He's still LIVES!!
Old 03-01-2007, 10:28 PM
Go Dodgers!

Old 03-01-2007, 10:55 PM
Step By Step - Day By Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
See the part in bold sister? That actually IS revival. It's not sinners that need to be revived. Revival means to revive something. What needs to be REvived? A sinner that never knew God? Or a church that is barely limping? It's the church that needs revival and we should always either be in a constant state of reviving or growing stronger or renewing things that are slipping or just not letting them slip to begin with and if we did that we would be reaching the lost. God is not gonna send a revival. revival is not a blessing God sends. It's a state of being for the church. Our world is impacted by a church that is revived and on fire.

I don't think we've been caught up enough with "revival"...that's really our problem imo.

Your later statement suggests you probably understand what I am saying
Nawww. I don't understand anything really. You can tell that by reading what I write. I don't have a clue. Well, maybe half a one .... maybe.

I learn from everyone else whose knowledge and understanding is far superior to my own.

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Old 03-01-2007, 10:56 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
Nawww. I don't understand anything really. You can tell that by reading what I write. I don't have a clue. Well, maybe half a one .... maybe.

I learn from everyone else whose knowledge and understanding is far superior to my own.
well...gee...I assume you meant me...My ego knows no bounds and I think thee for the compliment even if you did not mean me, I will continue to assume you did
Old 03-01-2007, 11:23 PM
Step By Step - Day By Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
well...gee...I assume you meant me...My ego knows no bounds and I think thee for the compliment even if you did not mean me, I will continue to assume you did
Okay. Whatever floats your boat.

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)