Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 03-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Prince View Post
No sir. But, many denominational folks are so into stuff that is so worldly it is unreal. Of course, I understand your definition of legalism to be somewhat different from mine.
Apostolic youth fall into this category many times over. What is worse, to have some truth and fall, or to have "all" truth and fall?
Old 03-04-2007, 04:47 PM
Isn't he cute?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkeley View Post
Apostolic youth fall into this category many times over. What is worse, to have some truth and fall, or to have "all" truth and fall?
Neither is worse. To fall is still to fall.

And, yes, you are correct...many Apostolic youth do fall into "this" category. But, one of the reasons is that, though they have the dress on, or the sleeves down to the elbow, they still are attempting to mimic the Britney Spears and others like her of the world in their styles, their interactions with others (talking lingo here), and are "up" on whatever is the going thing anyhow. That's not separation. Not doing so is NOT legalism. Doing so is spiritual suicide. Not doing so is just good common sense.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:48 PM
The LORD will fight for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
Every time ... I watch it ... I weep Chosen ...

I love my city and my people ....
I can see why you would love those people. They are reaching out to the lost and hurting community around them.

Why is it that people can't see the move of God when it's so vividly clear? God is going to move right past all the ones who are so blinded by their traditions! I want to be in sync with what God is doing!

Isaiah 53:5: "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."(KJV)

"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." Dwight L. Moody
Old 03-04-2007, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosenbyone View Post
I can see why you would love those people. They are reaching out to the lost and hurting community around them.

Why is it that people can't see the move of God when it's so vividly clear? God is going to move right past all the ones who are so blinded by their traditions! I want to be in sync with what God is doing!
Chosen ... some would argue w/ you that God never changes ... and so we must not.

but I submit to you that this is indeed true ...He never changes ...

but he's also ever moving ... He is the I am ...

always in the present moving towards the future ...

he's not stuck in the past like some are ... stuck on the light of true revelation that He has shone .... of His infiniteness.

God is moving over the earth ...

He was moving in Genesis ... over the face of the waters ...

He was moving when all ... Moses could do was catch a glimpse of his back ...

In the NT ... he was moving ....when said "My Father is working right now, and so am I." ....

He moved in Pentecost like a rushing mighty wind

... He's moving today ...

and moving towards His coming ....

If we are not careful ... we will miss His moving today ... March 4, 2007.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:02 PM
The LORD will fight for you

Quote:
Chosen ... some would argue w/ you that God never changes ... and so we must not.

but I submit to you that this is indeed true ...

but he's also ever moving ... He is the I am ...

always in the present moving towards the future ...

he's not stuck in the past like some are ... stuck on the light of true revelation that He has shone .... of His infiniteness.

God is moving over the earth ...

He was moving in Genesis ... over the face of the waters ...

He was moving when all ... Moses could do was catch a glimpse of his back ...

In the NT ... he was moving ....when said "My Father is working right now, and so am I." ....

He moved in Pentecost like a rushing mighty wind

... He's moving today ...

and moving towards His coming ....

If we are not careful ... we will miss His moving today ... March 4, 2007.
TRUTH

Isaiah 53:5: "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."(KJV)

"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." Dwight L. Moody
Old 03-04-2007, 05:06 PM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
Is this church congregation .... HIS OR NOT HIS ???... they are trinitarian ... but are Holy Ghost baptized and are strict adherents to many holiness dress standards .....

http://www.nytimes.com/packages/khtm...T_FEATURE.html
If I'm not mistaken, that is the same church from this article..

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/16/ny...a647b7&ei=5070
Old 03-04-2007, 07:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Care to elaborate Mizpeh.
Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

They belong to God and hopefully they will go on into further truth and be baptized in the name of the Lord.

Gal 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Ro 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Old 03-04-2007, 08:12 PM
His word burns in my heart like a fire...Fire Fall Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfWord View Post
Ahhhhh......I say, "Check the fruit!" It is not hard to see who has the fruit, tongues or no tongues. I've seen people with more of the fruit of the spirit who didn't speak with tongues than some who boasted of their tongues and even Jesus' name experience.

I'll take someone with a "walk" over someone with a "talk" any day of the week.

Was going to post that but ya already said it...two and a thumbs up!

PS: sandusky, huh? was there a few years ago...went to a six flags (or some other amusement park, forget if it was S.F.)...
Old 03-04-2007, 08:35 PM
His word burns in my heart like a fire...Fire Fall Down

Ahhh...what a wonderful video...that Pastor truly demonstrates his love for God's sheep...these are the children of God worshipping him in spirit and truth!
Old 03-13-2007, 10:49 AM

Bump for Mizpeh ... see your own post #27