Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:32 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraCon View Post
I don't know about that but the room was NOT rented or even found until this week. Tulsa was not decided on until this week either, they actually wanted to have it in Kansas City.
I'm not talking about Tulsa, I'm talking about AT GC!

They rented a conference room AT GC, to meet, DURING GC.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:33 PM
UltraCon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
If this meeting is successful just think of the cities in America that can be saved from short sleeves, wearing red, open toed shoes, and the internet!!!!!!!
This is what we are after. Don't tell anybody i'm on the internet.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:33 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Stephen, please don't take this as disrespectful but I promise you this new org or fellowship will not be working with the AOG or COG. While the UPC and this new thing may have a similar message of salvation the AOG and COG salvation is completely different. I may have read this post wrong, if so then please forgive me.
No you read it right.

I see this as sad. When the thrust of a salvation message is a precise re-enactment of the cross rather than resting with total assurance in the cross it's self and the blood He shed there...

TV or no, beards or no, seminary or no, none of these "things" rise to the level of importance as the cross and our trust in it.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 10-05-2007, 10:34 PM
UltraCon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoPastor View Post

This is NOT true, maybe some guys met there but my Pastor was not one of them and LB and JG were not one of them. I know this firsthand.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Follower of Jesus

Quote:
Independent missionary (like Bro Nix)
IAM is a missions program put together by Bro Jonathan Alvear in Sulphar LA. 100% of all money given goes to the missionary.
Funny, I am not conservative or liberal, just consider my self to be a follower of Jesus with a wonderful Apostolic truth, but I have and would support the Alvear's as a missionary in the future. Would those of that camp support a missionary from a liberal persuasion, highly unlikely, this may not be fair but does bother me somewhat.

My personal mission is to BRING people into a right relationship with God, GROW them up to maturity and SEND them back into the world to minister.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Independent missionary (like Bro Nix)
IAM is a missions program put together by Bro Jonathan Alvear in Sulphar LA. 100% of all money given goes to the missionary.
Where is Bro. Nix a missionary to now?

thanks for the explanation
Old 10-05-2007, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hoover View Post
No you read it right.

I see this as sad. When the thrust of a salvation message is a precise re-enactment of the cross rather than resting with total assurance in the cross it's self and the blood He shed there...

TV or no, beards or no, seminary or no, none of these "things" rise to the level of importance as the cross and our trust in it.
I feel the HG. Now you're preachin' Wife Swapper.
Non-Resident Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoPastor View Post

This is a rumor that was never confirmed.
Registered Member

Quote:
This is NOT true, maybe some guys met there but my Pastor was not one of them and LB and JG were not one of them. I know this firsthand.
really. I know firsthand two men that were called BEFORE GC to tell them about this meeting. I'll ask them who exactly made the call
Old 10-05-2007, 10:37 PM
UltraCon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hoover View Post
No you read it right.

The apostolic message is Repent, be baptized in Jesus Name (not the titles like the AOG and COG preach) and receive the Holy Ghost (with speaking in tongues). This is the only way to heaven, until the AOG and COG accept and believe this the movements will not fellowship with each other. I was raised COG and I believe what they teach is false doctrine. They are good people but they are wrong on the message.