Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-27-2014, 09:16 AM
Not riding the train

Re: Bott '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
Just wondering why LS did not speak at Bott?
Stirring the pot are we?
Old 01-27-2014, 09:51 AM
Sister Alvear

Not meaning to...he usually speaks...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 01-27-2014, 11:11 AM
Strange in a Strange Land...

What JA said there is no excuse for. What about where he talked about the President? Rumors have it he called him a qu**r or f*g. He apparently also said something like "we have a black man in the White House and a white man in the fields" I don't know the context of that statement, but I can't fathom a scenario where it would be okay to say that - especially at BOTT where the Mangun's are friends with the Clinton's and with Hilary likely running for President next year that wasn't a good idea for JA to say something like that (if it is true). Also, he talked about gays and said very rude and horrible remarks about them. Called them horrbile terms akin to what he apparently called the President. JA has a long way to go to make this right across the board.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:14 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Shephard View Post
What JA said there is no excuse for. What about where he talked about the President? Rumors have it he called him a qu**r or f*g. He apparently also said something like "we have a black man in the White House and a white man in the fields" I don't know the context of that statement, but I can't fathom a scenario where it would be okay to say that - especially at BOTT where the Mangun's are friends with the Clinton's and with Hilary likely running for President next year that wasn't a good idea for JA to say something like that (if it is true). Also, he talked about gays and said very rude and horrible remarks about them. Called them horrbile terms akin to what he apparently called the President. JA has a long way to go to make this right across the board.
Well, that is embarrassing to be viewed as a gossip. Maybe you have a long way to go. Just sayin'....
Old 01-27-2014, 11:24 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post
One person that attended states president was called a faggot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by endtimer View Post
Didn't go this year. Watched the video that leaked out. That video is reportedly MIA now. My understanding that I'm getting from other forums with people that were there, the faggot and queer words were used at some point but not in reference to the POTUS. The speaker was stating that those "christians" who voted for Obama need to repent. Far as I've heard so far POTUS wasn't called a "fag" . Tact would have been nice still.
From earlier posts...

I remember Arnold using the words "queer" and the other one back in the 80s and 90s. That's nothing new.

I haven't read or heard anything about the alleged comment about obama in the WH...that really seems far fetched. I have a very hard time believing he said it.

I liked what Sherrie posted, and it's true. It was considered cute and funny back in his early days, but by now he should have grown up and matured as a minister.

Last edited by n david; 01-27-2014 at 12:29 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Well, that is embarrassing to be viewed as a gossip. Maybe you have a long way to go. Just sayin'....
I am not being a gossip. I am adding info to the current topic that is being discussed already (though not on this forum). It's funny that you knew me off this board I am the furthest thing from a gossip. Maybe you like to judge people, if so then you too have a long way to go too. Join me on the journey!

I guess I should have said instead of "rumor has it" is that "it has been confirmed that..." Would that have made you happier?
Old 01-27-2014, 12:22 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
I am not being a gossip. I am adding info to the current topic that is being discussed already (though not on this forum). It's funny that you knew me off this board I am the furthest thing from a gossip. Maybe you like to judge people, if so then you too have a long way to go too. Join me on the journey!

I guess I should have said instead of "rumor has it" is that "it has been confirmed that..." Would that have made you happier?
Oh please, you can't say something like, "rumors have it" and "if it's true" and not be perceived as a gossip. You can't honestly, IMO, type that without some measure of trepidation. Or maybe you can.

And certainly a factual confirmation is always best. Otherwise it is simply fodder for a tabloid.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

I haven't read nor heard of any confirmation of the WH and fields comment. Until there's video proving it, I'd rather not even suggest it was said.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:39 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Jack, if Arnold had said he like peaches you would be offended. you WANT to be offendeded.

Dude finish walking away already! serously.

you dont want any part of the UPCI. you hate the UPCI and all it stands for. but you jsut cant seem to walk away.

seriously for one who has left, you need to go ahead and finish leaving.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
I haven't read nor heard of any confirmation of the WH and fields comment. Until there's video proving it, I'd rather not even suggest it was said.
There are really good sources that have confirmed this. But confirmations mean very little here on AFF. I don't slander.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Jack, if Arnold had said he like peaches you would be offended. you WANT to be offendeded.

Dude finish walking away already! serously.

you dont want any part of the UPCI. you hate the UPCI and all it stands for. but you jsut cant seem to walk away.

seriously for one who has left, you need to go ahead and finish leaving.
I don't hate the UPCI. I don't like some of their ways of doing things and the way they tend to sweep things under the rug (see Buck Treadway & Jewish Revival). I don't look to be offended. I look to find good things to say about the UPCI, but I am coming up empty most days. I love peaches for what it is worth. But you are free to like maple syrup and olives... you can have those.