Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 01-27-2019, 07:00 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Looking for apts

We have been here for about 5 months and yes it WAS the right decision and NO we havent lost our salvation, went broke, got divorced or any other negative result of "being outside of the will of God."

What we have discovered is a God that restores and rebuilds.

My wifes counselor is about ready to go into a shouting fit *HolyGhost not anger* every appointment my wife has because its a 30 minute long testimony service where yeah Katherine gets to unload and talk to a neutral party but she spends more time talking about what God has done than she does talking about her problems and any problems mentioned are in the context of,"God is gonna fix this too" and with our history being known to this woman....shes literally seeing a testimony being birthed in me and my wifes life that she KNOWS didnt come from her.

So with the fibromyalgia, stress is a major trigger that will start this cascade effect that takes a few days to recover from which isnt cool with us and usnt sustainable and of course the main source of stress is my MIL.

Its a total proverbs 29:1 situation...we have prayed, bent over backwards in being kind and understanding but some wounds wont heal as long and someone is rubbing sand and salt in it.

Now you may be thinking,"Well you lazy mooching so and so....its about time you quit freeloading off those good people."

and youd be wrong...so close your mouth its rude to gape and put down that wagging finger of accusation you're flailing around like you're the conductor of a subpar symphony...besides...its probably been digging in your nose while you've been in traffic but trust me...we saw...Uber sees all.....

No but seriously....

My FIL retires in 5 years and his income which already is VERY low will drop to a third if what it is...he hasnt prepared for retirement. Not my monkey, not my circus but due to my wife and I walking in the blessing and provision of the Lord..."yes...God is wonderfully blessing to the point where we make more than my FIL and God has blessed us with a vehicle" and we have been staying because this knowledge of them not being prepared hit us kinda strongly and we feel if we didnt try to help...we would be forced to help with even a bigger mess later on despite our previous problems so we have been trying to help where we can.

But we have discovered that the same mindset that got them in this mess is alive and well so in the best interests of peace and to have peace in our own immediate family we are shopping for apts.

We have lots of choices in lots of areas and we are trying to find locations close to our main areas we work and also close to friends and church.

God is working through is in some amazing ways. There isnt a day that goes by recently where someone gets witnessed to about how far He has brought us out and how He has provided for us and then we have some prayer. Many times there are soft tears as God moves on hearts as God speaks into hearts and lives in ways they did not expect when they got into my vehicle.

Honestly its like ministry bootcamp...you learn to give voice to Him with random people from random diverse cultures and backgrounds all while getting paid...now that I think of it...a group that banded together for a unified purpose to minister while doing rideshare...that could be highly effective.... ;-)

So heres what we need.....we are fighting this illness...its evil and its draining and we are having faith and hitting it when it pokes its head up so right now its about limiting triggers which means getting out.

Pray for Katherine please because shes so wore out and I hate seeing her suffer.

Pray that we will be directed to the right place to live.

Again...money isnt the problem...we havent been kicked out....we just see the end result of this arrangement and we know that staying is futile. We have seen God miraculously move in our relationships and there has been much healing and restoration.

In fact a few days ago me and my FIL met in the kitchen to try and work out some issues and God literally showed up in the middle of that meeting and took over and I was able to minister to my weeping FIL in the HolyGhost and wrap my arms around him and pray. Hes a Baptist Cessationist and doesnt believe in all that but he knows that God met with him that night.

So to reiterate.

#blessedoftheLordandhighlyfavored
#stresstriggersfibrogottagetourownplace
#gonnawincharlottetoJesuswithrideshare
Old 01-27-2019, 07:55 AM
Registered Member

Re: Looking for apts

Will pray - and will call you perhaps this week. My phone is broken today but shuold be fixed soon.
Old 01-27-2019, 08:04 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilsonwas View Post
Will pray - and will call you perhaps this week. My phone is broken today but shuold be fixed soon.
Sure! Look forward to talking to you.
Old 01-27-2019, 03:20 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

I don't know about your area, but usually we've discovered that a house for rent can be found for the same price as an apartment. There are real estate agencies that manage a portfolio of rent houses for various owners, they can usually find a good deal (kind of like apartment locators but for rental houses).

There's also mobile homes, a lot of places around here will work a deal on move-in to get you set up in either a rental or a rent-to-own situation.

Every customer you have, ask them "Know anybody with a house for rent? Or rent-to-own?"

Will be praying for you guys.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-27-2019, 04:40 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

We had a pretty disappointing time with all the rental fraud here. Concord has some nice places.
Old 01-28-2019, 06:06 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I don't know about your area, but usually we've discovered that a house for rent can be found for the same price as an apartment. There are real estate agencies that manage a portfolio of rent houses for various owners, they can usually find a good deal (kind of like apartment locators but for rental houses).

There's also mobile homes, a lot of places around here will work a deal on move-in to get you set up in either a rental or a rent-to-own situation.

Every customer you have, ask them "Know anybody with a house for rent? Or rent-to-own?"

Will be praying for you guys.
Best thing about the mobiles is the neighborhood. Plenty of Harleys and the like.

Old 01-28-2019, 07:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
We have been here for about 5 months and yes it WAS the right decision and NO we havent lost our salvation, went broke, got divorced or any other negative result of "being outside of the will of God."

What we have discovered is a God that restores and rebuilds.

My wifes counselor is about ready to go into a shouting fit *HolyGhost not anger* every appointment my wife has because its a 30 minute long testimony service where yeah Katherine gets to unload and talk to a neutral party but she spends more time talking about what God has done than she does talking about her problems and any problems mentioned are in the context of,"God is gonna fix this too" and with our history being known to this woman....shes literally seeing a testimony being birthed in me and my wifes life that she KNOWS didnt come from her.

So with the fibromyalgia, stress is a major trigger that will start this cascade effect that takes a few days to recover from which isnt cool with us and usnt sustainable and of course the main source of stress is my MIL.

Its a total proverbs 29:1 situation...we have prayed, bent over backwards in being kind and understanding but some wounds wont heal as long and someone is rubbing sand and salt in it.

Now you may be thinking,"Well you lazy mooching so and so....its about time you quit freeloading off those good people."

and youd be wrong...so close your mouth its rude to gape and put down that wagging finger of accusation you're flailing around like you're the conductor of a subpar symphony...besides...its probably been digging in your nose while you've been in traffic but trust me...we saw...Uber sees all.....

No but seriously....

My FIL retires in 5 years and his income which already is VERY low will drop to a third if what it is...he hasnt prepared for retirement. Not my monkey, not my circus but due to my wife and I walking in the blessing and provision of the Lord..."yes...God is wonderfully blessing to the point where we make more than my FIL and God has blessed us with a vehicle" and we have been staying because this knowledge of them not being prepared hit us kinda strongly and we feel if we didnt try to help...we would be forced to help with even a bigger mess later on despite our previous problems so we have been trying to help where we can.

But we have discovered that the same mindset that got them in this mess is alive and well so in the best interests of peace and to have peace in our own immediate family we are shopping for apts.

We have lots of choices in lots of areas and we are trying to find locations close to our main areas we work and also close to friends and church.

God is working through is in some amazing ways. There isnt a day that goes by recently where someone gets witnessed to about how far He has brought us out and how He has provided for us and then we have some prayer. Many times there are soft tears as God moves on hearts as God speaks into hearts and lives in ways they did not expect when they got into my vehicle.

Honestly its like ministry bootcamp...you learn to give voice to Him with random people from random diverse cultures and backgrounds all while getting paid...now that I think of it...a group that banded together for a unified purpose to minister while doing rideshare...that could be highly effective.... ;-)

So heres what we need.....we are fighting this illness...its evil and its draining and we are having faith and hitting it when it pokes its head up so right now its about limiting triggers which means getting out.

Pray for Katherine please because shes so wore out and I hate seeing her suffer.

Pray that we will be directed to the right place to live.

Again...money isnt the problem...we havent been kicked out....we just see the end result of this arrangement and we know that staying is futile. We have seen God miraculously move in our relationships and there has been much healing and restoration.

In fact a few days ago me and my FIL met in the kitchen to try and work out some issues and God literally showed up in the middle of that meeting and took over and I was able to minister to my weeping FIL in the HolyGhost and wrap my arms around him and pray. Hes a Baptist Cessationist and doesnt believe in all that but he knows that God met with him that night.

So to reiterate.

#blessedoftheLordandhighlyfavored
#stresstriggersfibrogottagetourownplace
#gonnawincharlottetoJesuswithrideshare
I am glad you have this good report! I think family should help family so I have no problem with you staying with relatives short term after your move to get you on your feet. We have done that for multiple relatives that moved to our area over the years. However that should just be a short term situation so I am glad you guys are looking for your own place.

I will continue to pray for you on your journey and am excited for your new start in a new place.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 01-28-2019, 08:21 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
I am glad you have this good report! I think family should help family so I have no problem with you staying with relatives short term after your move to get you on your feet. We have done that for multiple relatives that moved to our area over the years. However that should just be a short term situation so I am glad you guys are looking for your own place.

I will continue to pray for you on your journey and am excited for your new start in a new place.

Hope is an amazing thing