Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 09-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Administrator

Re: Loren Yadon's: Tragedies of War????

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeGuide View Post
I know this is an old thread, but would still like to get a copy of this message. Any help would be much appreciated!
As soon as I have perfected my time travel machine I will go back and record a copy for both you and myself!
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 09-05-2013, 12:59 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
As soon as I have perfected my time travel machine I will go back and record a copy for both you and myself!
Lol. It's beginning to look like that's the only way either one of us will get to hear this message. Appreciate your humor as well as your insight on AFF CC1. Stay blessed
Old 09-15-2013, 12:18 PM
Loren Adkins

A copy has been made available now on face book. Look me up if you have a face book page Loren Adkins Kennewick Wa.
Message me and I will give you the link.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:43 PM
Saved by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron1710 View Post
Daniel,

The better message that he told me was more an issue than his landmark message was preached on a Wednesday night at CLC. It was a message on grace and living in liberty. The next day in a class on Romans Daniel Segraves told the class if they missed church they needed to get a copy of the message because it was the best message on grace he had heard. I can't recall the title maybe someone else can help me with that.

I do remember one line in there where he said people want the preacher to tell them where to go and where not to go, what to watch what not to watch, etc. He liked to say people of faith don't need a rule book.

Dannie Odle preached a message during the same period in a chapel service title Leave my externals alone, and made reference to some of the stupid things in the manual.

Loren Yadon was sacrificed to hush the UC plain and simple.
That's interesting.

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill
Old 09-15-2013, 05:27 PM
Saved by Grace

This thread along with the audio player today answers some questions and brings up more question. I converted I'm 2000 I guess several years after the fallout, but this is interesting stuff. And as a young minister I was never told about any of these things it was all put to me like everything was hunky dory and this is Gods truth and we have it.

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill
Old 09-17-2013, 08:26 AM
Registered Member

Here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbE1d...ature=youtu.be
Old 06-11-2018, 08:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDG View Post
No one called her a backslider but rather if you read context of our tiff ... Theo .. .that's what most of the very men who disfellowshipped LY would consider Mizpeh ... knowing she does not "practice" holiness standards ...

They would consider her an backslidden Apostolic sympathizer.

I will say that she has now overstepped her bounds accusing that I am demonically oppressed as now 2 of her posts assert.

What Mizpeh has done is cloud a discussion ... making herself a victim because someone thinks her view is heretical ...

Simply put she thinks Trinitarianism is heretical ... false doctrine ... yet, would probably never go as far as saying so ...

She believes one step doctrine is heretical ... or false teaching ... but she would probably not use the term ... because it's a bogeyman in her mind.

But that's what heretical means ... false doctrine ...

She equates heretical doctrine ... with ... gasp ... being a heretic ...

but has no problems turning around ... and leveling insults ... and villifying a brother in Christ with the aspersion of a "wolf in sheep's clothing" and categorically seeking to justify using Scripture to label me as demonically oppressed and influenced. ....

This continues to be false witness sugar coated in "spirituality" and of course said in all "humility".

It is the irony of the irony she seeks to "expose".

I await her public apology.

Did she ever apologize?
Where is she today?
Where are you today?
Where am I today?