Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 12-10-2007, 08:08 PM
Ronzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adino View Post
May God guide his heart back to faith in him.
Amen to that.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:11 PM
Non-Resident Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyde View Post
Well, I don't know the kid or anything about him other than what I have read here, but after viewing his MySpace page, it appears as if his ego is doing fine. Not to be ugly, but when somebody needs to try that hard to come across as cool, I instantly suspect that they are not so much.
Nathan and I sparred a lot on FCF, but had a cordial relationship and often communicated via PM.

I am deeply saddened to hear of his condition.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonskinner View Post
Nathan and I sparred a lot on FCF, but had a cordial relationship and often communicated via PM.

I am deeply saddened to hear of his condition.
I wasn't trying to make light of the situation, I really don't know anything about him or what has gone on in his life, and of course I would pray for anyone in his condition. I was just commenting on what I had observed on his MySpace, and what came across to me was arrogance. But realizing that people on here have had relationships with him, I should probably not have commented on it. I apologize if I came off as insensitive.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Non-Resident Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyde View Post
I wasn't trying to make light of the situation, I really don't know anything about him or what has gone on in his life, and of course I would pray for anyone in his condition. I was just commenting on what I had observed on his MySpace, and what came across to me was arrogance. But realizing that people on here have had relationships with him, I should probably not have commented on it. I apologize if I came off as insensitive.
Sis, I am sorry if I gave the wrong impression. I didn't think you were being insensitive. I actually was going to say something else, and thought perhaps it might sound insensitive if I did.

I am very saddened by Nathan's condition.

His ego was always pretty big, and it wasn't helped any by the fawning and accolades the liberal folks used to heap on him when he would make his verbose, witty, but sometimes pretty thin arguments against good doctrine and lifestyle choices.

I did my best to be friendly to him while still debating him on issues, because I hoped to help him.

He was very bitter, and got a lot of affirmation in his bitterness from some.

It didn't all turn out well.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Sis, I am sorry if I gave the wrong impression. I didn't think you were being insensitive. I actually was going to say something else, and thought perhaps it might sound insensitive if I did.

I am very saddened by Nathan's condition.

His ego was always pretty big, and it wasn't helped any by the fawning and accolades the liberal folks used to heap on him when he would make his verbose, witty, but sometimes pretty thin arguments against good doctrine and lifestyle choices.

I did my best to be friendly to him while still debating him on issues, because I hoped to help him.

He was very bitter, and got a lot of affirmation in his bitterness from some.

It didn't all turn out well.
Nathan's "liberalism" was not what it appeared. It is quite clear that for a long time he was on a path that really had nothing to do with any spectrum of Pentecost of even Christianity.

His little visit to the liberal wing of Pentecost was just a speed bump on his path.

I do not at all accept that us libs are somehow responsible for his current situation by "encuraging him". I think it is absurd to think that somehow keeping him around conservative old time Pentecostal standards would somehow have kept his mind from going where it has gone.

Like you I am trying to be kind and will not say what I really think other than to say I think narcissism to the max is involved, pyschological issues, and I have a pretty good guess that he was not told "no" very often growing up.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Ronzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Nathan's "liberalism" was not what it appeared. It is quite clear that for a long time he was on a path that really had nothing to do with any spectrum of Pentecost of even Christianity.

His little visit to the liberal wing of Pentecost was just a speed bump on his path.

I do not at all accept that us libs are somehow responsible for his current situation by "encuraging him". I think it is absurd to think that somehow keeping him around conservative old time Pentecostal standards would somehow have kept his mind from going where it has gone.

Like you I am trying to be kind and will not say what I really think other than to say I think narcissism to the max is involved, pyschological issues, and I have a pretty good guess that he was not told "no" very often growing up.
Good assessment.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:14 PM
Non-Resident Redneck

I didn't mean to blame anyone for his condition.

I think some tough love could have possibly helped, but any time that was tried, there were some dear ladies that ran to his rescue.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:19 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

Me and Nathan used to write letters pretty regularly but I stopped getting them.I didn't know exactly what had happened.
I sincerly hope my friend finds calvary real once again.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:20 PM
Ronzo

Quote:
I didn't mean to blame anyone for his condition.

I think some tough love could have possibly helped, but any time that was tried, there were some dear ladies that ran to his rescue.
Some of us close to him tried that... didn't work.

Bro... if you only knew how many phone conversations we had... and how much was shared... Just because some of us liberals are liberals doesn't mean we don't know how to deal with things... and use pillows for tough love.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:12 PM
Registered Member

Sorry to hear this. I remember alot of people praying for him and many trying to help him overcome.

Common sense is genius dressed in working clothes.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing.
William James