Apostolic Friends Forum  

Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Nursery
Facebook

Notices

The Nursery Where we await new little ones in our AFF Fellowship Family!

Old 03-29-2008, 12:29 PM
"Mercy Walked In"

Re: A Place for mothers with young children?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. LPW View Post
A pastor my husband and I worked under had two sons. One son is a preacher, the other son backslid and just a few years ago committed suicide. The pastor and his wife are good people... not without their faults but who is? So here I am.. with my two sons. And the weight and worry... I just pray God please... they must be saved...
What I don't understand is this. A minister has children some stay devoted to the church and others backslide and want nothing to do with church. If they are all reaised the same way, and do the same things, what do you think causes some to take the wrong road????
Old 03-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
The last few days I've been feeling the pressure for lack of a better word, of raising my sons to live for the Lord when they are grown.

I have this huge fear that they will get caught up in the spirit of the age... especially when they start going to school. Does anyone else share this?
I have this same fear. I have two girls, one will be 4 in two months and the other is 20 months. As we are getting closer to my oldest becoming school age, I have been feeling this more and more. I pray daily for God's wisdom in raising them to love and serve Him.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:07 PM
Sister Alvear

praying for all you young mothers with small children...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 03-31-2008, 02:12 PM
I need a Triple Espresso, NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdkendall View Post
What I don't understand is this. A minister has children some stay devoted to the church and others backslide and want nothing to do with church. If they are all reaised the same way, and do the same things, what do you think causes some to take the wrong road????
...every child is different.... many times children will watch their parents who are pastors or ministers, they will watch them go through a whole lot of mess.... Some parents don't take time to shield them from the hardships of pastoring and some don't spend time with their children because of pastoring... Children become bitter at times and think that if that is God, then no thanks.... Other children will see their parents as heroes while some see them as victims..... We as parents need to shield our children from adult situations, even though that is not always possible.... It is hard! I would urge every minister and spouse not to let the church take away family time..... You will never have that time back again....

I never met a chocolate I didn't like!

*sigh* I did nothing yesterday.... I wasn't finished so I did nothing again today!
Old 07-06-2008, 07:23 PM
jendouc

Quote:
The last few days I've been feeling the pressure for lack of a better word, of raising my sons to live for the Lord when they are grown.

I have this huge fear that they will get caught up in the spirit of the age... especially when they start going to school. Does anyone else share this?
I have three children - 2 sons and a little girl. My biggest fear is that they'll get confused when they're "of age"...... I'm doing all I can now to ensure that it can't happen. I plead the Blood over my children's lives!
Old 07-06-2008, 07:27 PM
jendouc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmatist View Post
I am very concerned about being a Godly example to my children. My parents raised me in church and taught me the doctrine but were lacking in their Christian example. My brother and sister do not serve God and I think that is why. I want to teach my daughter to have a relationship with God and be a true Christian for her to emulate.
I think you "hit the nail on the head"! RELATIONSHIP - What are we without a true relationship with God??? There's nothing more that I want for my children than for them to saturate their lives with a relationship with God! . . . I, too, try to live an example - not just at church - but in every aspect of our life. I may not do the best job, but I try to improve daily!
Old 07-21-2008, 01:21 PM
melissa22xo

Hi i am new here! I have a 3yr old and a 1yr old! It's scary raising children in this day, I deffinatly would not get through one day without the lords help. LOL I look forward to getting to know you all!
Old 07-21-2008, 07:07 PM
Live like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa22xo View Post
Hi i am new here! I have a 3yr old and a 1yr old! It's scary raising children in this day, I deffinatly would not get through one day without the lords help. LOL I look forward to getting to know you all!
Hi there!

I have a 2 yr, 9 month old, and a 9 month old... they are 2 years and 4 days apart in age. Both boys... do you have a boy and girl?

Right now, at this stage, my 9 month old is crawling around and pulling up and getting into my 2 year olds toys... some of which are too small for him (puts them in his mouth etc) It's a challenge keeping a watch continually.

Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
My Countdown Counting down to: Spring...
April Showers Bring May Flowers!
Old 07-21-2008, 08:24 PM
melissa22xo

I have two boys also! And yes it is a challenge chasing after both of them! LOL
Old 08-08-2008, 11:55 PM
tiffdmitch

Hi everyone. I have 3 little ones a 2 1/2 year old little, a 1 1/2 year old boy and a 7 week old little girl. I am very blessed withmy little treasures. On response to the question about worrying about your kids backsliding, I pray over my children every day and teach them worship and pray from the day they are born. We have worship time at home and I try to set the example that I believe the Lord would have me set..i'm not perfect but I try my best I don't think there's anything more you can do than just pray , set the right example for you children and teach them to have a relationship with God, then you leave it in God's hands. I do worry about the scary things of this world, in fact i've decided not to send my children to a public school. I will be homeschooling them, it's just too scary now a days.