Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:07 PM
Banned

Re: Tithes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

The harsh reality is....THE LAW commanded them to take tithes of the people......

Leviticus 27:30-32
Numbers 18:20-32
Deuteronomy 12:5-11
Deuteronomy 14:22-29
Deuteronomy 26:12-15
2 Chronicles 31:5-12
Nehemiah 10:37-.
Nehemiah 12:44
Nehemiah 13:5-12
Amos 4:4
Malachi 3:8-10

Last edited by Sean; 07-28-2015 at 04:14 PM.
Old 07-28-2015, 04:19 PM
Registered Member

Any specific comments on the original post as far as WPF & UPCI bi-laws?

Who agrees with each and who disagrees with each??
Old 07-29-2015, 11:27 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgram199 View Post
From the WPF website articles of faith:

'Tithing was not only a tenth of one’s increase, but was also the first tenth of firstfruits. Beginning with the days of Creation, belonging to, and thus being holy unto the Lord, the idea of firstfruits is established from the very beginning. It is seen again in Genesis in Abraham paying tithes to Melchizedek (Genesis 14:18-20, Hebrews 7:4-10). Following this, Jacob also tithed, (Genesis 28:22) as did Israel in tithing to the Levites, (Numbers 18:21,22) and Jesus endorsed it as something which should be routine (Matthew 23:23). Witholding any part of the tithe was to rob God (Malachi 3:8-10). Giving to the Lord is a privilege belonging to his people. The motive for giving is love and an awareness that whatever one possesses, it is in fact, a possession of the Master and that we are merely His stewards. Cheerful giving is the knowledge that God will meet each need. (II Corinthians 9:7)"

I'm not sure I understand the 1st sentence, what is the point here?
I believe in tithing, but should people be ran off or forced out of church for not paying a full 10%.
No, people should not be ran off. The above is typical jargon [not trying to be mean] I personally have experienced being no longer wanted.

First fruits are not tithes..

There is no command to the church body to tithe anything. Not everyone tithed in the old testament either.

There is no command to have or build a building to bring a tithe of money to.

There are many churches that do not tithe and do just fine.

There is a thread on first fruits if interested.

http://www.paganchristianity.org

Go here on tithing----->

http://www.tithing-russkelly.com/

If it is God's will for your illness then why are you seeking medical attention to get rid of it?
Old 07-29-2015, 07:30 PM
Banned

Just a note....

Hebrews 7 shows us 2 priesthoods.....

11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?

We have the priesthood of Melchisedek, VS Aaronic priesthood.

The Melchisedek priesthood is a TYPE of Jesus Himself.

Abraham tithed(once) to Melchisedek.

Melchisedek had no Levitical priesthood structure.

Melchisedek represents Jesus, not the Aaronic priesthood.

When these tithe preachers use Abraham as a reference for tithing, actually, they are subliminally receiving tithes in the stead of Melchisedek(Jesus in type).

This means, when they use Melchisedek/Abraham as a case for tithing...they are taking the place of Melchisedek themselves as a recipient of tithes.

They(tithe teachers) are taking the place of JESUS' typology folks!

That is why they say, when you are tithing to them, you are tithing to JESUS....LOL

Last edited by Sean; 07-29-2015 at 07:37 PM.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:33 PM
Banned

Again...

Have you ever heard them say "you are tithing unto the Lord"(as they are the recipients)?

These tithe teachers actually think they stand in the stead of JESUS(Mechisedek in type), when you tithe to them......LOL

Last edited by Sean; 07-29-2015 at 07:38 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 12:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post
Where do they get first fruits is tithes?

But seriously, a major assumption is made off of Proverbs 3:9-10,

Quote:
9. Honour the Lord with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:
10. So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.
Even though the word "tithe" is not present, it is assumed that "substance" means weekly or bi-weekly income, and to honor the Lord with it, i.e. with a "firstfruits" offering, means a tithe. And not just, but a tithe that is given before anything else (hence first) is used from the substance, up to and including one's rent, mortgage, groceries, gas for the car, other utilities, child support, and/or etc.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/

Last edited by votivesoul; 07-31-2015 at 12:26 AM.
Old 08-01-2015, 08:02 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post

But seriously, a major assumption is made off of Proverbs 3:9-10,

Even though the word "tithe" is not present, it is assumed that "substance" means weekly or bi-weekly income, and to honor the Lord with it, i.e. with a "firstfruits" offering, means a tithe. And not just, but a tithe that is given before anything else (hence first) is used from the substance, up to and including one's rent, mortgage, groceries, gas for the car, other utilities, child support, and/or etc.

So there is no scriptural proof first fruits is same as tithes? They just assume it is. Hmmmm
And someday master you. --Anon.

The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.
Old 08-02-2015, 12:40 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post
So there is no scriptural proof first fruits is same as tithes? They just assume it is. Hmmmm
I cannot speak for all who teach on the subject, but whenever I heard a teaching on tithes, it always included Proverbs 3:9-10 as a prooftext that the tithe was to be given first, i.e. as a firstfruit, making the two words essentially synonyms. It was always linked and used in teaching about mandatory tithes.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 08-02-2015, 05:42 AM
Loving God, His Word, His Name

Stopping Pulpit Pimpery In It's Tracks

Recently, I have read numerous stories online about churches sending either collection letters or membership termination letters to members over their not paying tithes. Though I do regularly attend church myself, I am not specifically a member anywhere. Even if I was, I am not going to be coerced into paying this man-made tax that was invented due to the greed of Roman Catholicism, and is continued being passed down by her daughters and has been adopted by many Apostolic churches. These prosperity pimps, preachers who manipulate members into paying the tithe lie under unbiblical threat of cursing and thus blaspheme God and His Word, have done so much harm to the people of God. But, fortunately, people study the Word of God for themselves, and have come to realize that this practice of mandatory tithing for the believer is neither biblical, or even remotely taught even in any nuance of Scripture.

Pulpit pimpery needs to stop. This notion that people must pay a tenth of their income to the Church to be right with God is as invention of Roman Catholicism. God does not put such a tax on believer in the New Covenant. In fact, not every member of the house of natural Israel under the Law tithed either, but only those whose manner of life was agricultural in nature. Tithing was never money, because there is no record of tithe money ever being paid to the Temple. The tithe was always agricultural in nature, the means God commanded the nation of Israel to provide for the Levites and priesthood of the Temple, seeing that they had no inheritance among the land. The tithe was never silver or gold paid to the Temple, and was not mandated to everybody.

Let the truth be spoken. Mandatory tithing is a lie. Now, you may label me a rebel or whatever, but the fact is for almost 1500 years, this damnable lie has been taught by church leaders, either through sheer ignorance, or because of blatant desire to fraud the people in order to keep the bills of the church paid. In either case, a lie is a lie and a pulpit pimp is a pulpit pimp. When a man stands up on Sunday morning and declares that people pay tithes or be cursed, he is a pulpit pimp and a liar against God and His Word. And now, for “churches” to be dismissing 92 year old cancer patients from membership for lack of paying tithes shows the depths of depravity and love for money that is truly in the hearts of the leadership in these churches.

Some might say that they need tithing to provide for the means of the Church. I call bull! God has never called a work into existence which He did not provide for. I remember one well known Apostolic elder telling me that because I was not a pastor, I did not understand why he preached tithing. I do understand. It is either out of ignorance or out of outright deception! There is no other way around this issue. One does not have to be convinced through some revelation of the fact that tithing is a lie. One has to simply read and study the Bible for themselves to see that Paul actually taught against such a doctrine.
But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work. As it is written: “HE HAS DISPERSED ABROAD, HE HAS GIVEN TO THE POOR; HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS ENDURES FOREVER.” Now may He who supplies seed to the sower, and bread for food, supply and multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness, while you are enriched in everything for all liberality, which causes thanksgiving through us to God. For the administration of this service not only supplies the needs of the saints, but also is abounding through many thanksgivings to God, while, through the proof of this ministry, they glorify God for the obedience of your confession to the gospel of Christ, and for your liberal sharing with them and all men, and by their prayer for you, who long for you because of the exceeding grace of God in you. (2 Corinthians 9:6-14 NKJV)
Paul not only teaches us under Apostolic authority the way we are to give, but also reinforces the fact that through the provision of God the ministry is supported. In other words, Jesus lays on the heart of His people what to give through the Holy Spirit, and the people give abundantly, cheerfully, willingly, and in obedience to the leading of the Spirit. And, unlike the lies of the pulpit pimps saying that those who do not tithe are cursed and cannot be blessed, I am blessed beyond measure and have had every need provided for by the grace of Jesus.

While pulpit pimps lie, I thrive, as do all the believers who have left the quagmire of mandatory tithing and have started giving as unto the Lord.

Am I being too harsh? Read the Scriptures. God deals harshly with those who lie against His Word. he deals harshly with those who blaspheme His truth. It is not a sin to call sin what it is, and to call people what they are. A man who commits adultery is an adulterer. A man who lies is a lair. A man who stands in a pulpit and works to manipulate the people into paying this lie of a tenth or be cursed is a pulpit pimp. And we do not have to listen to that lie! Am I talking about rebelling against authority? No! I am talking about rebelling against a lie that some in authority teach, and we do not have to listen to that lie!

The tithe doctrine is a lie. It is not found in scripture. believe it! The modern tithe doctrine is a bald faced lie that cannot be supported one iota in Scripture! Those in leadership who teach this lie, I call on you to repent of this lie immediately or face His judgment! God is cleansing His house and His people. Don’t be found swept away with the leaven of sin. Repent of the mandatory tithe lie, and turn to biblical truth. Those who have been hurt, excommunicated from churches, or threatened for lack of tithing, I break that chain of fear and shame off of your life in Jesus name with the truth of the Word of God. You are not cursed for not tithing! Rep[eat, You Are NOT Cursed For Not Tithing! So, if they kick you out, leave, knock the dust from your feet, and fellowship elsewhere! You are not bound to tithe, and are not bound to be cursed for not tithing!

Apostolic Defender Ministries
The Apostolic Defender Podcast on Spotify
Old 08-02-2015, 06:49 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Never heard this teaching in my life.
ND, please consider the source.