Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 08-22-2008, 01:47 PM
Cross-examine it!

Re: PEAK first WPF Youth Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
This whole premise of calling lights....fog...and other sundry items is almost laughable....

I have been in one of the church's of the leadership/pioneer of the WPF...they use the Stick Ministry...Deaf Praise and Drama...and video....with lights...Fog....and everything else.....just like the other churches....

I don't see you criticizing them????

The point is you are either echoing somebody's pulpit or just a complainer.... either of the two would probably fit....

I for one am glad they had a tremendous time in Tulsa.... that is great.....

I am also glad for churches who use unorthodox methods to win other young people to the Lord...and give their young people a chance to express themselves!!....

Some of you guys should preach overseas on the Islands and watch the Kids dance and worship with their whistles.... and come in the sanctuary... it is absolutely beautiful...but I know if you stayed any length of time they would come to know HOW undodly they are and buy a suit, put on a tie so they could fit in....
Liberal!!
Old 08-22-2008, 02:23 PM
Follower of Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChurchMouse View Post
That is great !!!! And people say our young people want the blacklights and smoke filled youth services, no, I beg to differ, they are hungry for the truth.... Thank God for the WPF
Yes, blacklights and smoke diminishes the power of truth!

My personal mission is to BRING people into a right relationship with God, GROW them up to maturity and SEND them back into the world to minister.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:59 PM
God's Son

Solomon used technology that was available to him at the time. The worship was man made...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCSQ View Post
I think that is just the point! He did NOT (you think they didnt have lights and smoke???) No what was so glorious about the dedication of the temple was not MAN MADE lights and smoke, but the SUPERNATURAL move and manifestation of the Holy Ghost! What many lament in regard to this whole theme is often poorly articulated but I would say they really discern and in many cases it is more than evident, that the next generation of pentecost is receiving a high tech (read strobe lights, smoke machines, disco ball) man made substitute for a genuine move of God. it would be better addressed in asking WHY so many saints of God DO feel troubled by these things. I dont feel they have stated their case very well, and it DOES appear that the many times they mention the move into technology it appears as though technology scares them when nothing could be farther from the truth. What scares them is a generation of Pentecostal young people who in more and more areas have NEVER had a dream from the Lord, NEVER been used in Tongues and Interpretation , Prophesy, a word of knowledge or wisdom, etc etc. Now WHOSE fault that is would be a MOST interesting subject for discussion I think that THEY might be MOST surprised at the outcome.

But the above post demonstrates exactly what they are afraid of, expressions of how man made technology would be used and NO mention or intimation that the most important part of that whole story alluded to was the Shekinah Glory that came down (And that we are still speaking about over two thousand years later!) not man made manufactured substitues for it.

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV
Old 08-23-2008, 10:47 AM
Registered Member

I have heard nothing but good reports about the meeting, unlike some other youth meeting of the past.

Thank God they didn't go yo Egypt for help with the use of fog, flashing light and other stupid worldly stuff. We don't need to go to Egypt of help we need to go to God in pray for a REAL move of God.

Thank God for the WPF and this good meeting.

We will be there next year.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:11 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whole Hearted View Post
I have heard nothing but good reports about the meeting, unlike some other youth meeting of the past.

Thank God they didn't go yo Egypt for help with the use of fog, flashing light and other stupid worldly stuff. We don't need to go to Egypt of help we need to go to God in pray for a REAL move of God.

Thank God for the WPF and this good meeting.

We will be there next year.
You know with that attitude the UPC would be greatful you are THERE and not where they are! With that attitude some would be thankful you are gone....
Old 08-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingGrace View Post
You know with that attitude the UPC would be greatful you are THERE and not where they are! With that attitude some would be thankful you are gone....
And with their attitude and spirit and worldly ways I will be glad to be elsewhere.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:54 AM
Rebel with a cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whole Hearted View Post
And with their attitude and spirit and worldly ways I will be glad to be elsewhere.
Just curious, how old are you? Your responses are very "junior high" -ish.

I have to be honest WH, I may get in trouble for saying this, but for all the things you condemn, i.e. lights, smoke machines, shorts on men, facial hair, etc., this self-righteous spirit displayed here is a thousand times worse.

I am glad that I am not in your shoes.
"Many people view their relationship with God like a "color by number" picture. It's easier to let someone else define the boundaries, tell them which blanks to fill in, and what color to use than it is for them to take a blank canvas and seek inspiration from the Source in order to paint their own masterpiece"
Old 08-23-2008, 03:53 PM
God's Son

Whole Hearted is what we call spritiual dsyfuntional. His spiritual performance is lacking in areas the important areas so he attempts to for compensate his spiritual dysfunction in irrelevant areas. He fits in well with the spiritual dysfunction bunch at the wpf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Phelps View Post
Just curious, how old are you? Your responses are very "junior high" -ish.

I have to be honest WH, I may get in trouble for saying this, but for all the things you condemn, i.e. lights, smoke machines, shorts on men, facial hair, etc., this self-righteous spirit displayed here is a thousand times worse.

I am glad that I am not in your shoes.

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV
Old 08-23-2008, 07:38 PM
Registered Member

Can this thread please stay on topic about the good experiences from PEAK rather than individuals stereotyping a whole group based on a few acts of others.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:50 PM
Mr. Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consapostolic1 View Post
Can this thread please stay on topic about the good experiences from PEAK rather than individuals stereotyping a whole group based on a few acts of others.
The problem is that very few people had good things to say about PEAK without taking a direct shot at other people of God. It never ceases to amaze me that when people go hard in either direction (Right or Left), they claim a new found Spirituality and Enlightenment, but for the life of me I do have a hard time seeing the fruits of that in their conversation.
I am a member of a Sports Forum whose members seem to have more Christ-like qualities.

Either the United States will destroy ignorance, or ignorance will destroy the United States. – W.E.B. DuBois
My Countdown Counting down to: The Apocolypse