Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-04-2017, 10:31 AM
Registered Member

Re: The Last Reformation Hospital Miracle

Some of TLR's staff came to Phoenix about a year ago. I attended one of their "Kickstart" sessions, met and spoke with Peter Ahlman, TLR Sweden's leader, and several who came with him from Sweden, China and other areas.

I have not met or heard Torbin speak in person, but I have watched the entire Pioneer
School series. It appears there may be some differences between Torbin and Peter.

From what I remember, Torbin believes in the oneness of God. Peter is Trinitarian. Both believe in the new birth experience of Acts 2:38 - repentance, baptism and receiving the HG.

During the "Kickstart" session I attended, someone asked if a person should be re-baptized if they either had only been baptized as a child in the Catholic church or had been baptized in a church which did not believe the necessity of the new birth experience. One of the men with Peter was conducting this Q&A and stated they did not believe in re-baptism.

We went in groups out to various nearby stores and malls. A couple groups were told to leave the malls. I was paired with the leader for TLR in AZ. Unfortunately, he didn't have much success at getting anyone to stop or pray for anyone.

I did witness Peter praying for a girl who had a leg short than the other. I'm cautious about saying outright that it was fake, but there seemed to be some manipulation in the way the girl sat and how it was presented. I also know that these type of healings are very popular with faith healers and have a history of being faked.

A young man I know from an apostolic church here got very involved with TLR. His job moved him to KC, where he joined up with IHOP. He's a mess now. He follows Todd White and hangs on every word White says. He visits "healing rooms" (associated with John Lake) and has told me of his friends who have healed people by blowing in their ear or even spitting on people.

Last edited by n david; 12-04-2017 at 10:43 AM.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:07 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Some of TLR's staff came to Phoenix about a year ago. I attended one of their "Kickstart" sessions, met and spoke with Peter Ahlman, TLR Sweden's leader, and several who came with him from Sweden, China and other areas.

I have not met or heard Torbin speak in person, but I have watched the entire Pioneer
School series. It appears there may be some differences between Torbin and Peter.

From what I remember, Torbin believes in the oneness of God. Peter is Trinitarian. Both believe in the new birth experience of Acts 2:38 - repentance, baptism and receiving the HG.

During the "Kickstart" session I attended, someone asked if a person should be re-baptized if they either had only been baptized as a child in the Catholic church or had been baptized in a church which did not believe the necessity of the new birth experience. One of the men with Peter was conducting this Q&A and stated they did not believe in re-baptism.

We went in groups out to various nearby stores and malls. A couple groups were told to leave the malls. I was paired with the leader for TLR in AZ. Unfortunately, he didn't have much success at getting anyone to stop or pray for anyone.

I did witness Peter praying for a girl who had a leg short than the other. I'm cautious about saying outright that it was fake, but there seemed to be some manipulation in the way the girl sat and how it was presented. I also know that these type of healings are very popular with faith healers and have a history of being faked.

A young man I know from an apostolic church here got very involved with TLR. His job moved him to KC, where he joined up with IHOP. He's a mess now. He follows Todd White and hangs on every word White says. He visits "healing rooms" (associated with John Lake) and has told me of his friends who have healed people by blowing in their ear or even spitting on people.
In my country too when i spoke with some Canadians here for mission i realize they was just in the L.F web list but nothing to do with the doctrine. They only spoke to me again when they wanted some money to travel back home. After i saw them being involved in a Hillsong church.
I think is difficult for them to know the exact doctrine of every member.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:13 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post

There are healing rooms that claim connection witb John Lake but arent legit. The only legit ones connected with Lakes ministry will be JGLM and Ive never heard Curry mention any kind of nonsense like spitting on people and blowing in peoples ear. Im not refuting your statement...just saying that I know they deal with people who claim to be a part of something they arent.

Everything Ive seen of Todd White is a complete NOPE.

Didnt know that Peter was a trinitarian but Torbin is very clear about being baptised into Jesus.

I havent went to malls or anything to specifically pray for people, I have prayed for people that have mentioned being ill or having pain in public. I can see where some people would be weirded out though. I think that wisdom needs to be used in how you present yourself.

Being connected with JGLM has given me opportunities to prayfor people all over Louisiana since Im the only one they have in Louisiana. The guy I went to pray for in south Louisiana is now attending a Pentecostal church! I was so glad for him because he was wanting a needing a good church.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:18 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter83 View Post
In my country too when i spoke with some Canadians here for mission i realize they was just in the L.F web list but nothing to do with the doctrine. They only spoke to me again when they wanted some money to travel back home. After i saw them being involved in a Hillsong church.
I think is difficult for them to know the exact doctrine of every member.

Ive reached out to Last Reformation people in Louisiana and they are across the spectrum as far as their doctrines go. Havent really got into detail with it with them. Not trying to join another church though...trying tobe involved with groups that will put me in contact people that needs prayer.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:40 AM
Registered Member

Thumbs up Re: The Last Reformation Hospital Miracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Ive reached out to Last Reformation people in Louisiana and they are across the spectrum as far as their doctrines go. Havent really got into detail with it with them. Not trying to join another church though...trying tobe involved with groups that will put me in contact people that needs prayer.
Sounds good! God will bless it!
Old 12-04-2017, 12:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
There are healing rooms that claim connection witb John Lake but arent legit. The only legit ones connected with Lakes ministry will be JGLM and Ive never heard Curry mention any kind of nonsense like spitting on people and blowing in peoples ear. Im not refuting your statement...just saying that I know they deal with people who claim to be a part of something they arent.
Sorry I wasn't more clear with this part: "He visits "healing rooms" (associated with John Lake) and has told me of his friends who have healed people by blowing in their ear or even spitting on people."

My friend visits healing rooms. He also has told me of his friends who have healed people by blowing in their ear or even spitting on people. I don't know that the two are connected.

Quote:
Everything Ive seen of Todd White is a complete NOPE.
Agreed.

Quote:
Didnt know that Peter was a trinitarian but Torbin is very clear about being baptised into Jesus.
•We believe in the trinity, that God is one through three persons. The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit.

http://www.tlrswe.com/about/
Old 12-04-2017, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Considering 1 Corinthians chapters 12-14 and Paul's correction of abuses regarding speaking in tongues, don't you think it odd that he never said "some of this stuff going on is demonic"? Rather, people simply weren't operating properly "as a team", causing disorder. The solution wasn't casting out demons, but proper teaching.

Thoughts?
Well, Paul did write about "no one speaking by the Spirit calls Jesus accursed", so there may have been some activity whereby some were claiming to prophesy in which they were cursing Jesus in some manner or form, and claiming it was by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

Maybe some false brethren had infiltrated Corinth, since the church there began as a synagogue?

All speculation, of course...

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 12-04-2017, 01:05 PM
Registered Member

Location: Phoenix, AZ.: Baptized in the NAME of the Lord Jesus in 1982.

His NAME is Jesus!

[QUOTE=jediwill83;1511705]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thephnxman View Post
His NAME is Jesus!
Brother, whether you call it a reformation or restoration, I'm not looking for some sort of new doctrine
just pulled from Lord knows where. I'm talking about getting rid of tradition and sacred cows that makes
the Word of God to no effect as Jesus said. I dont use anyones "bestseller " to formulate my belief system
other than the Bible. Im not being arrogant but its the only Truth I can trust.
There's a difference between reformation and restoration: for example:
I heard a praise song in Spanish for the very first time: later, I encountered
three similar renditions of the same song, with different words. Well, I liked
the first one best and decided to interpret it into English. Not bragging, but I
am gifted that way. Anyway, I thought I did a very good job in the translation:
and it was, I believe, a better rendition in English than the two other versions
were in Spanish! I was feeling pretty good about myself...until I discovered the
ORIGINAL song in English! And, let me tell you, it was a whole world better
than my Spanish interpretation.

But you see, I was only REFORMING the Spanish versions, which was OK for
the moment, until the original version was RESTORED to me!

Beloved there are TRUE believers all across the apostolic spectrum; and there
are very sincere believers within those professing christianity THAT NEED TO
HEAR the gospel that saves. Surely you can help them.

Brother Villa
Old 12-04-2017, 02:45 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

[QUOTE=jediwill83;1511703]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post

No, Im not claiming to know things that the Bible does not teach or that we need to refer to extrabiblical sources for understanding of the spiritual...lets get that straight right now.

What Im saying is that I believe some things that happen in church, had Paul seen them, he would be confronting them like the fortune teller following after them proclaiming that "These men show us the way to salvation"

Im not talking out my hat here. This isnt something that I alone have seen. My pastor was in a service somewhere between the north and south pole and he walked into a situation like that where something manifested and the people, even the pastor of that church and elders just pretended that everything was cool either out of ignorance or fear.

Basically a guy stood up flexing and bowed up acting like the Hulk.....staring, growling, knocking over pews *with eyes open and glaring * and proceeded to get into a fight with another church member.

Let me ask you this Esaias, do you not believe that the enemy has people stting on our pews hiding in plain sight?

Do you not think its a possibility that they are able to do so because of some things we have let creep in and accept?
You had said you were talking about speaking in tongues in what you felt was a disorderly manner. You didn't say anything about acting violently possessed or going stupid.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 12-04-2017, 04:12 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

[QUOTE=Esaias;1511738]
Quote:

You had said you were talking about speaking in tongues in what you felt was a disorderly manner. You didn't say anything about acting violently possessed or going stupid.

Do you believe in false tongues?