Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:12 PM
Registered Member

In shock

Brothers and sisters, PLEASE keep me, my neice and my little brother in your prayers. My little brother is in jail tonight... for allegations of molesting my 14 year old neice. (His daughter) He is backslidden; out of all my siblings I have been the closest to him. I don't understand WHY!!! I ask myself what could he have been thinking to do such a sick, perverted, twisted thing??? But then I know WHY... He let the devil get to him!!! I am still in shock, disgusted, and my heart goes out to my neice. We have texted back and forth for the first time today, just a bit ago in fact and she says she is doing fine. My neice is born again; she says she's okay but I can't imagine what she is going through. He has also been to jail because I think he tried committing suicide. Please pray for my family brothers and sisters! I appreciate it. I feel like crying and screaming right now. Guess I'll go pray instead!
Old 12-18-2012, 07:20 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Re: In shock

Will be praying for you and your family.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 12-18-2012, 07:55 PM
Registered Member

Praying.....

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 12-18-2012, 09:04 PM
On the road less traveled

I cannot imagine how awful this must be for you and your family. I will definitely pray for this situation!
Old 12-20-2012, 11:30 AM
Registered Member

Thankyou all for your love, prayers and support! Lots of love to you all, and God Bless!
Old 12-20-2012, 08:56 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

So sorry to hear this. My prayers are with you.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 01-03-2013, 09:59 AM
Registered Member

Hello brothers and sisters! Just to give everybody an update, I have been praying for my niece; (and my brother too sometimes) My husband and I have been wanting to visit my niece who is 2 hours away from us but I wasn't sure if she would be ready to see me. Yesterday she texted me and told me she had just gotten out of the hospital (psychiactric unit) because of suicidal thoughts she had been having. And she does want us to come out and visit her, PTL! She is a young 14 year old christian by the way! So we are planning to visit her this weekend and spoil her a little bit, and show her some love! If I don't have to work Sunday we will stay the night in the same city Saturday night and hopefully she will want to go to church w/us also, Sunday morning at my former church. Once again thank you all so much for your prayers and support! Love you all! God Bless!
Old 01-03-2013, 11:28 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctclady11 View Post
Hello brothers and sisters! Just to give everybody an update, I have been praying for my niece; (and my brother too sometimes) My husband and I have been wanting to visit my niece who is 2 hours away from us but I wasn't sure if she would be ready to see me. Yesterday she texted me and told me she had just gotten out of the hospital (psychiactric unit) because of suicidal thoughts she had been having. And she does want us to come out and visit her, PTL! She is a young 14 year old christian by the way! So we are planning to visit her this weekend and spoil her a little bit, and show her some love! If I don't have to work Sunday we will stay the night in the same city Saturday night and hopefully she will want to go to church w/us also, Sunday morning at my former church. Once again thank you all so much for your prayers and support! Love you all! God Bless!
Praise God. Continued prayers.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 01-04-2013, 07:10 AM
Registered Member

The Spirit of the Lord is in control
Old 01-06-2013, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Hope your visit went well and your niece is doing better. I am praying for all involved.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"