Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 02:07 AM
Registered Member

Re: RDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdp View Post
If someone has never spoke in tongues, they are not filled with the Holy Spirit....Period.

And, it's not "standards," it's biblical doctrine.....I feel sorry for you for some reason & I am not being coy either.
I've came to one conclusion. RDP knows a little about greek contrary to my prior assumtions. Most of us know nothing about greek and so his attempts to use his knowledge of greek in a debate with us is pointless. At best he is right about his greek and at worst he is wrong. He is smart enough to argue with the position of any scholar we might quote that contraidcts him and due to our ignorance of greek we cannot defend the position of any authority that we cite and so even if he was wrong we are not at the level of being able to know or show him and he cannot show us neither because we don't have the slightest knowledge base to even begin a real discussion about greek.
Old 06-01-2013, 02:46 AM
Administrator

This thread got way out of hand. What started as a pat on the back quickly disintegrated.

Please refrain from personal insults, rebuking, or cursing. This is against our forum rules.

Quote:
We do not allow any rebuking, hatefulness, name calling, or verbal attacks by any person or group of people, toward any person or group of people. Content that is unseemly, using bad language, or any form of insinuating bad language (i.e. one letter and ****), or offensive slang, is not permitted.

This administration knows that God's Word allows for rebuking and correction under certain conditions, but because of the lack of understanding by some, as well as the differing views by a multitude of readers here, and for the sake of peace, we will not permit it under any circumstances.
Consider this an official 'warning'. Ya'll need to learn to play nice together, or you may find your playground priviledges will be shortened or removed altogether.

Thank you for your cooperation.

The Admin Team
*AQuietPlace*
CC1
Esther
Hoovie
Prax
The Mrs
votivesoul

Take a moment to review the Forum Rules by clicking here.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:08 AM

Quote:
No, you will "stay away from church for at least a decade" because you are back-slidden in heart & need repentance.

"Every man is drawn away of his own lusts."

Stop playing pin the tail on the donkey & get over your victimization complex.....The problem is Y-O-U, not preachers.

You stop dishing it out & you'll stop receiving it......Simple. Respect is earned.

Your being "good with men is dresses" is patently absurd & makes me soooooo thankful to not be numbered with your kind. I keep waiting for the punch-line (thinking you cannot be serious), but sadly, I honestly think you are too far gone....But hope you find genuine repentance someday & learn to take personal inventory. Does it ever "register that God is watching Y-O-U?"

I had to do a little thinking and a lot of praying on why I have been so negatively affected by your posts and here are some of my conclusions:

You represent everything I ever hated about a movement I am as quickly distancing myself from as possible. While I do not know you personally, I feel like I have met you 100 times, in the preachers who say hateful things over pulpits everywhere. Who laugh at those who 'only got wet' at their baptisms, who gleefully talk about all who will burn forever in tormenting hell for some small mistake they do not even know they are making, who leave people confused and unable to ever trust in God. The preacher who I watched have a man crawl around the platform begging God to save him, while so many of us sat sickened but feeling powerless to stop it. The preacher who bragged from the pulpit about how he refused to pray with a dying saint in the hospital because someone had turned the television on in her room, even though she pleaded with him to pray because she had been conditioned to believe that she could be neither saved nor healed without his prayers.

Yes, you epitomize the controlling pastor I've saw tell people to give up their vacations and give the money to building fund while he took his family to the holy-land for 2 weeks in an all expense paid vacation given to him by the church membership. The pastors who can not even live in the neighborhoods where their churches are because there simply are not big enough Mc Mansions for them. The ones who dress down their congregations for the tiniest infractions of their dress codes and are later found sleeping with the church secretary or molesting girls from the youth.

You hide behind anonymity here and spout your self-righteousness, show disdain and disapproval for others, make pronouncements about the status of others salvation and it disturbs the heck out of me. Because while you, on your own, would be nothing more than a good laugh to me, you do these things in a place where many of the people have a lifetime of abuse by horrible pseudo-preachers like yourself behind them. They are sensitized to it, and you add to their burdens and make them feel that they have to defend their most basic human right, to worship God in their own way. You make them question whatever progress they have made toward healing, you open old scars and salt healing wounds.

And worst of all... YOU DO IT SIMPLY FOR SPORT.

No, I am not a victim. I am a survivor... And you RDP... are a monster.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:57 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Badejo View Post
It was flawed for 10 years when I believed that if someone didn't speak in tongues and keep the standards they were damned.
You believed truth then. Anyone who doesn't recieve the Holy Ghost talking n tongues andlive a life of holiness and separation is LOST.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:58 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
If someone has never spoke in tongues, they are not filled with the Holy Spirit....Period.

And, it's not "standards," it's biblical doctrine.....I feel sorry for you for some reason & I am not being coy either.
AMEN

Last edited by Whole Hearted; 06-01-2013 at 07:22 AM.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:21 AM
Registered Member

Titus2woman

You are fillied with bitterness and hatred and it is consuming you.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:41 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus2woman View Post
I had to do a little thinking and a lot of praying on why I have been so negatively affected by your posts and here are some of my conclusions:

You represent everything I ever hated about a movement I am as quickly distancing myself from as possible. While I do not know you personally, I feel like I have met you 100 times, in the preachers who say hateful things over pulpits everywhere. Who laugh at those who 'only got wet' at their baptisms, who gleefully talk about all who will burn forever in tormenting hell for some small mistake they do not even know they are making, who leave people confused and unable to ever trust in God. The preacher who I watched have a man crawl around the platform begging God to save him, while so many of us sat sickened but feeling powerless to stop it. The preacher who bragged from the pulpit about how he refused to pray with a dying saint in the hospital because someone had turned the television on in her room, even though she pleaded with him to pray because she had been conditioned to believe that she could be neither saved nor healed without his prayers.

Yes, you epitomize the controlling pastor I've saw tell people to give up their vacations and give the money to building fund while he took his family to the holy-land for 2 weeks in an all expense paid vacation given to him by the church membership. The pastors who can not even live in the neighborhoods where their churches are because there simply are not big enough Mc Mansions for them. The ones who dress down their congregations for the tiniest infractions of their dress codes and are later found sleeping with the church secretary or molesting girls from the youth.

You hide behind anonymity here and spout your self-righteousness, show disdain and disapproval for others, make pronouncements about the status of others salvation and it disturbs the heck out of me. Because while you, on your own, would be nothing more than a good laugh to me, you do these things in a place where many of the people have a lifetime of abuse by horrible pseudo-preachers like yourself behind them. They are sensitized to it, and you add to their burdens and make them feel that they have to defend their most basic human right, to worship God in their own way. You make them question whatever progress they have made toward healing, you open old scars and salt healing wounds.

And worst of all... YOU DO IT SIMPLY FOR SPORT.

No, I am not a victim. I am a survivor... And you RDP... are a monster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whole Hearted View Post
Titus2woman

T2W, I feel your pain, and disagree with WH...your are not bitter. You are experienced with hurt and disappointment, but no, I don't believe you are bitter.

Your life experiences may lead to bitterness, but I don't hear it in your posts here. I hear a tiredness of the junk, and frankly, who can blame you?

Some of my family members have been terribly wounded by idiocy and arrogance (not UPCI), and it has all but destroyed their children.

But I beg you to not think that we are all in the same cesspool that has brought you, and sadly many others, to this place of wanting to be distanced from this "movement."

For every heavy handed, "controlling pastor" you have seen, there are more who have learned that administering the Word in love and longsuffering is the better way in the long run.

Pastors are not the enemy. The enemy is the spirit of 'it's all about meeeeee'. It's that which leads to godlike attitudes that always lead to a downfall.

There have been several good men of God in bygone days who were strongly affiliated with this forum, and by all accounts are leaders of integrity.

I daresay that even some of the pastors presently posting here may not be as hard in personal dealings as they are here, and that is the nature of the beast we know as cyberspace.

People often forget that when we post, it is not just a blank page or window we are responding to. Rather, there are living bodies seated there who may be having all manner of issues going on...people with feelings which can become bruised by the written words we so freely spew out.

For those who play this as a game and think that folks shouldn't take all of this so seriously...please stop and remember that you are not the only somebody here. Not everyone has your grasp of 'reality'.

So, T2W, you are in my prayers, and I truly mean that.

WH, a little kindness goes a long way.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:04 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
T2W, I feel your pain, and disagree with WH...your are not bitter. You are experienced with hurt and disappointment, but no, I don't believe you are bitter.

Your life experiences may lead to bitterness, but I don't hear it in your posts here. I hear a tiredness of the junk, and frankly, who can blame you?

Some of my family members have been terribly wounded by idiocy and arrogance (not UPCI), and it has all but destroyed their children.

But I beg you to not think that we are all in the same cesspool that has brought you, and sadly many others, to this place of wanting to be distanced from this "movement."

For every heavy handed, "controlling pastor" you have seen, there are more who have learned that administering the Word in love and longsuffering is the better way in the long run.

Pastors are not the enemy. [COLOR="Red"]The enemy is the spirit of 'it's all about meeeeee'. It's that which leads to godlike attitudes that always lead to a downfall.[/COLOR]

There have been several good men of God in bygone days who were strongly affiliated with this forum, and by all accounts are leaders of integrity.

I daresay that even some of the pastors presently posting here may not be as hard in personal dealings as they are here, and that is the nature of the beast we know as cyberspace.

People often forget that when we post, it is not just a blank page or window we are responding to. Rather, there are living bodies seated there who may be having all manner of issues going on...people with feelings which can become bruised by the written words we so freely spew out.

For those who play this as a game and think that folks shouldn't take all of this so seriously...please stop and remember that you are not the only somebody here. Not everyone has your grasp of 'reality'.

So, T2W, you are in my prayers, and I truly mean that.

WH, a little kindness goes a long way.

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
Old 06-01-2013, 09:14 AM
On the road less traveled

Sis. Barb... your post was awesome!

T2W... I have experienced from pastors some of the same terrible things you speak of. I know you have not made up a single thing. I could add more from my own experience, but will refrain. Yet, as Sis. Barb said... there no doubt are some good men out there too. Sometimes we want to "throw the baby out with the bath water", but I've learned that isn't always the right way either. There is a middle ground to find.. somewhere... God Bless.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:21 AM
Saved by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whole Hearted View Post
Titus2woman

(Note, the "you" in this post is a generalization in most uses)

Oh the "bitter" pill, how unpredictable. Listen T2W may be bitter I don't know, but I think it is sickening and manifests hearts of hirelings who do not really love people, the way that some OP preachers live lives of hypocrisy as she detailed in her post above, and everyone else is expected to just "line up". And when the hypocricy is exposed the saints are told "he's just a man", but when the same man is pontificating about standards and damning everyone who doesn't see it his way to hell, then he's anointed and the mouthpiece of God. The people are to submit to his authority on their lives. Some (not all) will not even lay a finger on the heavy burdens they lay on others, but that is generally the way man made religion works.

You guys talk about standards and tongues and baptosm, but not grace, love, mercy. You are the classic example of neglecting the weightier matters of the law as the pharisees did. You are filled with love, but only love for those who see it like you do. What do you guys do differently from the world? Your love towards others is conditional based on their religious profession, outward appearence, or at best prospects of becoming a proselyte to your church. Once you know one got away, love turns to hatred, and its attack mode, not healing or reconciliation. There are OP preachers who are nothing but hirelings. They don't really care for the sheep, they care for themselves. When the sheep stray (in their eyes) the don't find them and throw them over their shoulders, they beat them, and wound them. I know you guys know about religion, but I wonder if you know Jesus. You claim to be the only ones who are saved and have His Spirit living inside, yet manifest the exact opposite attititude of the one who loved all of us while we were yet sinners, who wills for none to perish, but all to come to repentance, who weeps for the lost, who looks for a reason to save people, not searches for a reason or technicality to ........ them. There is a lot of talk about Christlikeness, but talk is cheap, where is the walk, that's why the world is put out with churches.

But you guys can't understand this. You don't understand that not everyone who leaves is bitter. Some see through the hypocrisy, some simply don't believe the doctrine or the standards. Just because someone leave doesn't make them bitter.

Personally I left because I am convinced of justification by faith as being the point of salvation. That doesn't mean I don't think the repentant sinner doesn't need to be baptized. If the repntant sinner who is justified by his faith doesn't want to be baptized, that is a good indication he may not have sincerely repented and thus may not be justified. Ultimately only God knows the sincerity and genuinenss of the heart, and so the knowledge of salvation rests with Him. I left because of that, the unbiblical initial evidence doctrine, the standards being preached as legalism, the mindset that the devil is around every corner trying to take you down, the abusive doctrine of tithing, and seeing the way that others who left were treated. To name a few reasons.

Despite those things, most people (not all) were decent to me in real life, except for a few preachers). Most of the hatred and real ugliness came from preachers on the internet, especially APF (apostolic preachers forum). But I'm not bitter about a bunch of guys who don't know me, pffft the internet is what it is. It showed their true colors and the way they talk in closed forums when the saints aren't around, but despite that I know there are plenty of good OP preachers who don't have that hatred. And despite all that if something doesn't work out where I am now I haven't completely closed the door on the OP church. But one thing is for sure, if I ever go back it wil be to a moderate church, with a pastor who loves people.

I'll never go back into the kind of environment T2W described. And to her point I can see why she can make the connection between some posters in this thread and those old memories and mentality. Personally I'm not bitter, just glad I didn't continue on like that. Because I was just as dogmatic, judmental, and mean as anyone on this thread has been. I knew I was saved, and I knew who wasn't, and would proclaim it. One example was once I was asked about Joyce Meyer, I said "that's easy she's going to hell" (or something to that effect, maybe not quite as blunt). The shocked person asked "why?" I said because she has short hair and wears earrings". Yes that was enough to burn in hell forever. Yes I was holier than thou. Like Paul said, a pharisee of 5he pharisees. I was probably more zealous for the standards and kept them more to the letter than these posters. I lined up on everything. I was the posterboy for pentecost, until my eyes were open to who Christ really was. Oh sure I knew Christ, he had saved me. I knew He was the manifestation of the one God. But I failed to understand how he loved, how he lived, and what being like Christ really meant. I still desire to know Him more, but despite the insults, despite being called bitter, and heritic, and so much worse, I keep walking with my Lord. He is not the accuser of the bretheren, He bid me to follow Him, and no man will get in my way.

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill
Closed Thread