Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-28-2007, 07:10 PM
Urban Pastor

You are mean and hateful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Paths View Post
BISHOP TFT?

Yeah right.
You are sooooooooooooo disrespectful. Its just because of mean and hateful people like you that so many of us don't want anything to do with most of your movement.
We are not talking about Jim Baker, Jimmy Swaggart, Paul Crouch or Joel Osteen - we are honoring a APOSTOLIC MAN OF GOD and giving him great honor and respect.
This is exactly my point - You Apostolic guys - hate each other - you don't have any respect for anyone that is one hair different from you and your little ideology.
Your disrespect sickens me - that sir is why many have left your movement and want NOTHING to do with it. You don't even respect your own brothers.

Thank God everyone in the UPC and the Apostolic movement are NOT LIKE YOU!
Old 05-28-2007, 07:15 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaBishop View Post
I took a group of pastors with me to hear TDJ preach for JF in the old building. He took over an hour to just talk to us about the UPC, the Apostolic movement, his stand and doctrinal beliefs. I have sat and talked with him many times about all of it. He along with others are like - What is wrong with these organizations that give up and push out - the best and most progressive men in it???
They think for the most part - the UPC is strange - because they have only met the good guys that left - and then the NUT cases that come in and put WATER BAPTISM and WHY I DO NOT HAVE A TV tracts in the pews and offering baskets!
I tell you the truth - I shudder when I see them come through the doors of my church - I know EXACTLY what I am going to have to deal with - they all sit and judge everyone and everything that goes on. I know that is not ALL of the UPC or Apostolics - but ones that visit around and the NUTS DO all that!!!!!!!!!!!! I certainly DO NOT want them to even visit my church!

TDJ along with many others - just cannot understand why the obsession with control and making everyone look the same and believe exactly the same. They are very secure in their Revelation of who God is and that Jesus is the Mighty God and they baptize in the Name of Jesus and thousands receive the Holy Ghost in their meetings and churches - but as we talk about so many times - IT IS NEVER ENOUGH.
Personally - it was not enough that I came to Atlanta and raised up a great church for the UPC - It was predominately Black - so they brought in another preacher (former board member) to have a "white" church here.
It was not enough that I did not have a TV, facial hair, my wife did not wear pants or paint or jewelry - They demanded that everyone else shave, obey all their silly rules like NO MICKEY MOUSE WATCHES................IT IS NEVER ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!
I should not have EVEN started this - my blood boils when I get going on it.
It is pure stupidity as far as I am concerned.

WOOOOOOOOW!!!
I didn't know all of that.them bringing in a pastor to start a white church is not a surprise since you are in the heart of the south. that's almost to be expected. One thing you have to admit the UPC does raise up some of the best talent in Preaching. I hate to see that so many have left too. For jakes to talk about the UPC for one hour that is really something! i wished I had the tape of that ! I'd pay anything for it.
BTW, what is the church....can't think of the name .. atlanta west but the pastor is slipping me right now. how is that church? PM me if you have to
Old 05-28-2007, 07:18 PM
Urban Pastor

Control Freaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfWord View Post
Gotta say I agree with you wholeheartedly, here, AB!!!!!!! Too much of it is simply ridiculous!
You know MOW - It borders insanity. I wonder sometimes - How in the world did I ever get mixed up in all that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK GOD FOR GRACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is why I take LONG breaks from this forum as I get WAY too emotional about it. I love some of these guys - have great respect for the guys that have some sense and some restraint and tolerance.
The control freaks just can't handle free thinkers that think "outside" the box!

Any thing they cannot CONTROL - they do their best to KILL!
It is so very very sad as they are so very miserable!
Old 05-28-2007, 07:19 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
You are sooooooooooooo disrespectful. Its just because of mean and hateful people like you that so many of us don't want anything to do with most of your movement.
We are not talking about Jim Baker, Jimmy Swaggart, Paul Crouch or Joel Osteen - we are honoring a APOSTOLIC MAN OF GOD and giving him great honor and respect.
This is exactly my point - You Apostolic guys - hate each other - you don't have any respect for anyone that is one hair different from you and your little ideology.
Your disrespect sickens me - that sir is why many have left your movement and want NOTHING to do with it. You don't even respect your own brothers.

Thank God everyone in the UPC and the Apostolic movement are NOT LIKE YOU!
AB,

I think these guys just throw things out there to get a reaction from you.
Perhaps they don't mean it just like that
Old 05-28-2007, 07:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
AB,

But Thad, if you are right in what you posted above, is purposely saying junk you may not believe in order to get a reaction the right thing to do?!

Some of this stuff that y'all call game playing gets old...
Old 05-28-2007, 07:30 PM
My Family!

Quote:
AB,

Surely you jest......I believe they say what they mean.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:33 PM
Registered Member

AB,
If the Tenneys are ever going to be there when we are not having service, I would like to know, please.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:44 PM
Honorary Admin

Quote:
You know MOW - It borders insanity. I wonder sometimes - How in the world did I ever get mixed up in all that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK GOD FOR GRACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is why I take LONG breaks from this forum as I get WAY too emotional about it. I love some of these guys - have great respect for the guys that have some sense and some restraint and tolerance.
The control freaks just can't handle free thinkers that think "outside" the box!

Any thing they cannot CONTROL - they do their best to KILL!
It is so very very sad as they are so very miserable!
I agree. Misery loves company! If they don't even have assurance of their own salvation, which many don't, they are of all men, most miserable. That is why they use judgement to get "saved, HG filled people" to the altar week after week by dangling them over eternity. Therefore it is so easy for them to cast stones at others, which they do with great liberty!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
Surely you jest......I believe they say what they mean.
I think you're right, Renda. They say what they mean and mean what they say in a mean way!!! Yeah, I'm sure people are beating their doors down so they can become just likke them!! NOT!!

Last edited by ManOfWord; 05-28-2007 at 07:49 PM.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:48 PM
Urban Pastor

Good Apostolic Churches in Metro Atlanta

Quote:
WOOOOOOOOW!!!
I didn't know all of that.them bringing in a pastor to start a white church is not a surprise since you are in the heart of the south. that's almost to be expected. One thing you have to admit the UPC does raise up some of the best talent in Preaching. I hate to see that so many have left too. For jakes to talk about the UPC for one hour that is really something! i wished I had the tape of that ! I'd pay anything for it.
BTW, what is the church....can't think of the name .. Atlanta west but the pastor is slipping me right now. how is that church? PM me if you have to
Hey Thad - There are two good UPC churches here in Atlanta. One is Atlanta West Pentecostal Church - Pastor Darrell Johns. This is the church that David Fuller was pastor of for many years. It is in Lithia Springs - West of Atlanta - near Six Flags. It is your typical Conservative yet progressive Pentecostal church. They have incredible music and nice people.

If I were UPC - I would go there or to OAK PARK CHURCH in Jonesboro, GA (south Atlanta) with Pastor David Scott - formerly pastored by Paul Cook of TurnPoint Church in Columbus, OH. Both are good churches pastored by good men. I respect both Pastor Johns and Pastor Scott.

The independent Apostolic church in Metro Atlanta is also larger than the UPC churches and is growing. It is also an Ultra Conservative Church.. It is New Life Assembly/Bishop Don Abernathy & Pastor Mark Abernathy in Snellville (East of ATL). These are some of the nicest people I have ever met. They are strict - but very kind. We try to go over at least once a month for a Sunday night service. They have a KICKIN' Choir and they shout and run and dance! NLA is one of the coolest contemporary churches you have ever seen. JESUS IS LORD is in NEON over the platform. The colors are incredible. It is a great campus on a main highway and they are getting ready to break ground a new multi story Family Life Center and Educational Complex.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:53 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
I took a group of pastors with me to hear TDJ preach for JF in the old building. He took over an hour to just talk to us about the UPC, the Apostolic movement, his stand and doctrinal beliefs. I have sat and talked with him many times about all of it. He along with others are like - What is wrong with these organizations that give up and push out - the best and most progressive men in it???
They think for the most part - the UPC is strange - because they have only met the good guys that left - and then the NUT cases that come in and put WATER BAPTISM and WHY I DO NOT HAVE A TV tracts in the pews and offering baskets!
TDJ along with many others - just cannot understand why the obsession with control and making everyone look the same and believe exactly the same. They are very secure in their Revelation of who God is and that Jesus is the Mighty God and they baptize in the Name of Jesus and thousands receive the Holy Ghost in their meetings and churches
I should not have EVEN started this - my blood boils when I get going on it.
It is pure stupidity as far as I am concerned.
You preach it, AB, and I'll say "Amen."

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship