Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-28-2007, 07:56 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaBishop View Post
Hey Thad - There are two good UPC churches here in Atlanta. One is Atlanta West Pentecostal Church - Pastor Darrell Johns. This is the church that David Fuller was pastor of for many years. It is in Lithia Springs - West of Atlanta - near Six Flags. It is your typical Conservative yet progressive Pentecostal church. They have incredible music and nice people.

If I were UPC - I would go there or to OAK PARK CHURCH in Jonesboro, GA (south Atlanta) with Pastor David Scott - formerly pastored by Paul Cook of TurnPoint Church in Columbus, OH. Both are good churches pastored by good men. I respect both Pastor Johns and Pastor Scott.

The independent Apostolic church in Metro Atlanta is also larger than the UPC churches and is growing. It is also an Ultra Conservative Church.. It is New Life Assembly/Bishop Don Abernathy & Pastor Mark Abernathy in Snellville (East of ATL). These are some of the nicest people I have ever met. They are strict - but very kind. We try to go over at least once a month for a Sunday night service. They have a KICKIN' Choir and they shout and run and dance! NLA is one of the coolest contemporary churches you have ever seen. JESUS IS LORD is in NEON over the platform. The colors are incredible. It is a great campus on a main highway and they are getting ready to break ground a new multi story Family Life Center and Educational Complex.
Glad that God is still blessing the Abernathys'!
You are correct, they are some of the kindest people I have ever known.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:57 PM
Urban Pastor

The Tenney's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChTatum View Post
AB,
If the Tenney's are ever going to be there when we are not having service, I would like to know, please.
Hey Friend - They are usually there just on a Sunday morning as they do not have Sunday evening services unless it is a very special event. We actually found out by accident that the Tenney's were going to be there - My sons girlfriends father is on the board. JF and family were on vacation and decided at the last minute that they did not want to miss the Tenney's - so they drove in and got home at 3 AM just to be in the services.

I had dinner with a Free Chapel staff member last night - that told me - all the staff FIGHTS to get to pick up the Tenney's or to spend time with them. He said - He is like - The Grandpa of the Church - We all love him. He said - when the Tenney's talk - they all just sit on the floor and take notes. I think that is SO incredible that TFT is able to influence so many in such and life changing way!
Old 05-28-2007, 07:57 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
... is purposely saying junk you may not believe in order to get a reaction the right thing to do?!
that's called trolling, isn't it?

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Old 05-28-2007, 08:02 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
I had dinner with a Free Chapel staff member last night - that told me - all the staff FIGHTS to get to pick up the Tenney's or to spend time with them. He said - He is like - The Grandpa of the Church - We all love him. He said - when the Tenney's talk - they all just sit on the floor and take notes. I think that is SO incredible that TFT is able to influence so many in such and life changing way!
So it would be appropriate to refer to TFT as Bishop,
or even as Father.

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Old 05-28-2007, 08:15 PM
Urban Pastor

Father

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
So it would be appropriate to refer to TFT as Bishop,
or even as Father.
I think Father would be appropriate!

Father Tenney!
Old 05-28-2007, 08:22 PM
Psalms 132:1

Quote:
You are sooooooooooooo disrespectful. Its just because of mean and hateful people like you that so many of us don't want anything to do with most of your movement.
We are not talking about Jim Baker, Jimmy Swaggart, Paul Crouch or Joel Osteen - we are honoring a APOSTOLIC MAN OF GOD and giving him great honor and respect.
This is exactly my point - You Apostolic guys - hate each other - you don't have any respect for anyone that is one hair different from you and your little ideology.
Your disrespect sickens me - that sir is why many have left your movement and want NOTHING to do with it. You don't even respect your own brothers.

Thank God everyone in the UPC and the Apostolic movement are NOT LIKE YOU!

DOCTOR Old Paths for all your spiritual needs.

STILL believing the same after all these years
Old 05-28-2007, 08:24 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Hey Thad - There are two good UPC churches here in Atlanta. One is Atlanta West Pentecostal Church - Pastor Darrell Johns. This is the church that David Fuller was pastor of for many years. It is in Lithia Springs - West of Atlanta - near Six Flags. It is your typical Conservative yet progressive Pentecostal church. They have incredible music and nice people.

If I were UPC - I would go there or to OAK PARK CHURCH in Jonesboro, GA (south Atlanta) with Pastor David Scott - formerly pastored by Paul Cook of TurnPoint Church in Columbus, OH. Both are good churches pastored by good men. I respect both Pastor Johns and Pastor Scott.

The independent Apostolic church in Metro Atlanta is also larger than the UPC churches and is growing. It is also an Ultra Conservative Church.. It is New Life Assembly/Bishop Don Abernathy & Pastor Mark Abernathy in Snellville (East of ATL). These are some of the nicest people I have ever met. They are strict - but very kind. We try to go over at least once a month for a Sunday night service. They have a KICKIN' Choir and they shout and run and dance! NLA is one of the coolest contemporary churches you have ever seen. JESUS IS LORD is in NEON over the platform. The colors are incredible. It is a great campus on a main highway and they are getting ready to break ground a new multi story Family Life Center and Educational Complex.
NOw are you aware that Don Abernathy is a William Branhamite ?????
Old 05-28-2007, 08:30 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
But Thad, if you are right in what you posted above, is purposely saying junk you may not believe in order to get a reaction the right thing to do?!

Some of this stuff that y'all call game playing gets old...

okay barb maybe it's not in this case you all would know better in this specific situation(i wont say why Here ). but on the other hand, you are way too serious most of the time. now, you correct me on a regular basis and I take it with stride most of the time you have to admit. but you do need to lighten a little too
Old 05-28-2007, 08:31 PM
Urban Pastor

It is a lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
NOw are you aware that Don Abernathy is a William Branhamite ?????
That is a lie that the UPC told to keep their people away from this independent church. He is not serpent seed nor a Brahamite.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Urban Pastor

Thad - I really would like to know who told you or where you heard that The Abernathy's were Branhamites - Please - even if you have to PM me. I can assure you - this is a bald face lie.