Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Welcome Mat
Facebook

Notices

The Welcome Mat Welcoming New Members! Are you new to AFF? Here's a forum where you can report in and introduce yourself!

Old 01-11-2016, 03:12 AM
Registered Member

Bible Translation

Greetings to all from Brazil. I´m finishing the first translation of a Oneness translator into Portuguese. In the Septuagint Isaiah 6:8 is in the singular. Conybeare (The Life and Epistles of St Paul, 1893, 3rd Edition informs us that ancient authors used plural although the author was by himself. Check I Thess 1:2 and I Thess 3:1. You will find the text written in plural, BUT Apostle Paul was by himself!

The translators used this to place a lot of Scripture in the plural, when the account should have been translated in the singular.

In the introduction to Paul´s Epistles, please note that the word KAI (Strong´s G2532) was not properly translated in your Bible. 5000 times the word KAI was translated "and", but many translations fumble this translation in the introduction of Paul´s Epistles to somewhat try to validate the trinity doctrine.
Strong´s G2532 "καί kaí, kahee; apparently, a primary particle, having a copulative and sometimes also a cumulative force; and, also, even, so then, too, etc.; often used in connection (or composition) with other particles or small words:—and, also, both, but, even, for, if, or, so, that, then, therefore, when, yet."

Now, let us re-read Galatians 1:3 "Grace be to you and peace from God our Father AND our Lord Jesus Christ."

Grace be to you and peace from God our Father, EVEN our Lord Jesus Christ"

Grace be to you and peace from God our Father, ALSO ....

"Grace be to you and peace from God our Father WHO IS our Lord Jesus Christ".

Have a great day!
Old 01-11-2016, 03:24 PM
On the road less traveled

Re: Bible Translation

Yes, I've read before that the word "and" can usually be translated to mean even or also. May God bless your efforts in the translating!
Old 01-11-2016, 08:33 PM
Yeshua is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy Barber View Post
Greetings to all from Brazil. I´m finishing the first translation of a Oneness translator into Portuguese. In the Septuagint Isaiah 6:8 is in the singular. Conybeare (The Life and Epistles of St Paul, 1893, 3rd Edition informs us that ancient authors used plural although the author was by himself. Check I Thess 1:2 and I Thess 3:1. You will find the text written in plural, BUT Apostle Paul was by himself!

The translators used this to place a lot of Scripture in the plural, when the account should have been translated in the singular.

In the introduction to Paul´s Epistles, please note that the word KAI (Strong´s G2532) was not properly translated in your Bible. 5000 times the word KAI was translated "and", but many translations fumble this translation in the introduction of Paul´s Epistles to somewhat try to validate the trinity doctrine.
Strong´s G2532 "καί kaí, kahee; apparently, a primary particle, having a copulative and sometimes also a cumulative force; and, also, even, so then, too, etc.; often used in connection (or composition) with other particles or small words:—and, also, both, but, even, for, if, or, so, that, then, therefore, when, yet."

Now, let us re-read Galatians 1:3 "Grace be to you and peace from God our Father AND our Lord Jesus Christ."

Have a great day!
do not forget that the Matthew 28:19 is an interpolation, fabricated by the Catholic Church.
Come to the web site www.apostolic-bible.com to see the evidence.
Old 01-12-2016, 02:25 AM
Administrator

Quote:

Have a great day!
Kai can only be translated as "even" if Granville Sharpe's rule is present. If not, it needs to be translated "and".

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 01-18-2016, 01:08 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Barne's Notes on Isaiah 6:8 (note, he was a trinitarian theologian):

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? - The change of number here, from the singular to the plural, is very remarkable. Jerome, on this place, says that it indicates the ‘sacrament’ of the Trinity. The Septuagint renders it, ‘whom shall I send, and who will go to this people?’ The Chaldee, ‘whom shall I send to prophesy, and who will go to teach?’ The Syriac, ‘whom shall I send, and who will go?’ The Arabic has followed the Septuagint. The use of the plural pronouns “we and us,” as applicable to God, occurs several times in the Old Testament. Thus, Gen_1:26 : ‘And God said, Let us make man in our image;’ Gen_11:6-7 : ‘And Jehovah said, Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language.’ Such a use of the name of God in the plural is very common, but it is not clear that there is a reference to the doctrine of the Trinity. In some cases, it is evident that it cannot have such a reference, and that no “argument” can be drawn from the use of that plural form in favor of such a doctrine.
Thus, in Isa_19:4, the expression ‘a cruel lord,’ is in the Hebrew in the plural, yet evidently denoting but one. The expression translated ‘the most Holy One,’ or ‘the Holy,’ is in the plural in Pro_9:10; Pro_30:3. In 1Sa_19:13, 1Sa_19:16, the plural form is applied to a “household god,” or an image; and the plural form is applied to God in Job_30:25, ‘my Makers’ (Hebrew); Ecc_12:1, ‘thy Creators’ (Heb,); Psa_121:5, ‘Yahweh is thy keepers’ (Hebrew); see also Isa_54:5; Isa_22:2; Isa_43:5; Isa_62:5. This is called by grammarians pluralis excellentice, or the plural form indicating majesty or honor. It is, in all countries, used in reference to kings and princes; and as God often represents himself as a “king” in the Scriptures, and speaks in the language that was usually applied to kings in oriental countries, no argument can be drawn from expressions like these in defense of the doctrine of the Trinity. There are unanswerable arguments enough in support of that doctrine, without resorting to those which are of doubtful authority.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-18-2016, 05:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:

Have a great day!
Paul was NOT by himself:

1 Thessalonians 1:1-2,

Quote:
Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians which is in God the Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
2. We...
Paul had two other men with him who co-wrote the letter to the Thessalonians. Note and. It's kai, showing an obviously copulative effect. No first century Greek reader would have had trouble with it in the letter. But we go about creating entire doctrinal positions based off a single ambiguous word from a 21st century understanding.

We need to stop doing this!

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 01-18-2016, 09:18 PM
Go Dodgers!

US refers to God and the angels

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:00 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
US refers to God and the angels
True