Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-11-2019, 01:12 PM
Registered Member

Re: NT verses about who Jesus was/is

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
Then He said to me, “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost. He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son. — Revelation 21:6-7
Who is the Father then?

How do you explain the fact that Jesus said in Matthew 28:19 that you baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit but the Apostles baptized only in Jesus’ name?
My Bible does not have it in red (i.e. Jesus); I agree it is Father God.

Would you like to know who the "overcomers" are?
Jesus' definition is in Rev 3:21 ...
"To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne,
as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne."

So, you have to figure out ... what and who did Jesus overcome?

Matt 28:19 ... no idea why they did not follow Jesus' command.
What, do I have to know everything!
Old 08-11-2019, 01:39 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCsenior View Post
BC, in the original Greek there are no red letters.

Jesus said I and the FATHER ARE ONE.

Not I and the FATHER are two, or unified as a god, or as gods.

The trinity is taught as the son is not the father, and the father is not the son, the holy Ghost is not the father, and the father is not the Holy Ghost. The son is not the Holy Ghost and the Holy Ghost is not the son. But the Son is God, and the Father is God,and the Holy Ghost is God. Therefore they are all three separate gods.
Old 08-11-2019, 06:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Jesus said I and the FATHER ARE ONE.
The trinity is taught ...
Yes, They are One in complete and total UNITY of purpose
(and everything else also)!

Gracias for telling me what the Trinity is.
Old 08-11-2019, 06:31 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Yes, They are One in complete and total UNITY of purpose
(and everything else also)!

Gracias for telling me what the Trinity is.
Gracias? Are you Spanish? I'm not Spanish.

I and my father are one uses the Greek ἓν. Which is the literal one, singular, as one letter, Matthew 5:18. As one member, Matthew 5:29. As one mile, Matthew 5:41. Did Matthew really say that more than one letter? Or more than one member? Or to be asked to initially go more than one mile to start with? Kinda takes away from the meaning of these scriptures. Jesus is the God, not a god. Or are you a Gee Hove Witness?
Old 08-11-2019, 06:33 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Hey, BC, here is your Trinity.

Old 08-11-2019, 06:53 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

There is a Trinitarian in the house and he is trying to steal our souls!!!!
Old 08-11-2019, 06:59 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Sean has come back as a Trinitarian called BCminor. I mean BCsenior
Old 08-11-2019, 11:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Who is the Alpha and the Omega?

[Rev 1:5-8 NKJV] 5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, 6 and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him [be] glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. 7 Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen. 8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, [the] Beginning and [the] End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

[Rev 1:11-13, 17-18 NKJV] 11 saying, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last," and, "What you see, write in a book and send [it] to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea." 12 Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and in the midst of the seven lampstands [One] like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band. ... 17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, "Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. 18 "I [am] He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.

Did the Apostles believed in ONE GOD?

[Gal 3:20 NKJV] 20 Now a mediator does not [mediate] for one [only], but God is one.

[1Ti 2:5 NKJV] 5 For [there is] one God and one Mediator between God and men, [the] Man Christ Jesus,

[Jas 2:19 NKJV] 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe--and tremble!

Why is it called the Son of God? Because his Father was the Holy Spirit but his mother was Mary.

[Luk 1:35 NKJV] 35 And the angel answered and said to her, "[The] Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.

So it had a beginning. And it was a human because it was born of a woman:

[Gal 4:4 NKJV] 4 But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law,

And he died!

[Rom 5:10 NKJV] 10 For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

If the Son of God is eternal, who do you explain this. If it was God the Son, then he was no equal to the Father!! because it had to pray and it actually died!!! So God the Son died!!! God dies???

No! the explanation here is that the Son of God refers to the INCARNATION, not the second person of a Triune God!

The INCARNATION had a beginning, and submitted to the will of God, and it died on the cross.

How can you say that through Christ everything was created then?

The same way you can say: [Rev 13:8 NKJV] 8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

The creation was done with the Savior plan already laid out. It was not complete without the Salvation plan, the Savior. He is the firstborn (the rights) over all the creation, the first in the resurrection, the first one without sin, ever. All creation awaits his coming, he is the first one transformed from corruptible to incorruptible. The whole creation wasn't complete in God's mind without Him.
[Col 1:15, 18 NKJV] 15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. ... 18 And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.

Trinity is illogical in his own foundation. You can't setup a doctrine unless you look at all the verses and you then draw a conclusion. You can't just pick one verse and say that that proves you point. If you lay out all the verse about the theology of who and how God is, you will naturally end up with a Oneness doctrine, because there are way too many evidences that GOD IS ONE, and the messiah is simply GOD MANIFESTED IN FLESH. You don't have to think more than what it is written.

BCSenior, you need to seek the truth instead of just repeating what you have been told. God will lead you the right way. Remember 2Ti 3:16, you need to let the Scripture correct you somehow.
I can show you even more verses but I see that I may be wasting my time. I was hoping you digested the discussion and began to realize the flaws of the Trinity; but it seems that you are even trying to argue by using things like "red letters" ?

Last edited by coksiw; 08-12-2019 at 12:34 AM.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:47 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

The church, the ones that make it, are the overcomers.
So you are saying that the throne is big enough to sit so many people?
Isn’t Jesus referring to throne as government?
The Father gave to the Son all principality and authority, and Jesus will give the overcomers authority as well in his kingdom. That’s what it means.

Answering my own question. The name (singlular) of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit is Jesus.

I’m totally comfortable talking about the Father and the Son, yet I won’t think that God all of the sudden has three heads.
God can manifest himself in different ways for different purposes and in the same time and space, why not? Why two different manifestations of God happening at the same time and space make you think that God must be two or three persons or gods? Just because you can’t understand it?

In Genesis chapter 1. Wasn’t God manifested in two different ways simultaneously while creating things: the utterance of the spoken word and the creating power of his Spirit? Two manifestations working simultaneously, yet the Jewish people never thought of that as two persons. Why would you!!

Last edited by coksiw; 08-12-2019 at 08:01 AM.
Old 08-12-2019, 01:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Gracias? Are you Spanish? I'm not Spanish.

I and my father are one uses the Greek ἓν. Which is the literal one, singular, as one letter, Matthew 5:18. As one member, Matthew 5:29. As one mile, Matthew 5:41. Did Matthew really say that more than one letter? Or more than one member? Or to be asked to initially go more than one mile to start with? Kinda takes away from the meaning of these scriptures. Jesus is the God, not a god. Or are you a Gee Hove Witness?
No idea what you're talking about.
Why don't you explain just one little thing ...
Jesus (God) praying often to Father God.

Please don't spell it incorrectly ... the slang should be: Gee Hova Witness
Just spoke to 2 JW ladies on the street this morning!

People who are deceived, brainwashed with falsehood are in terrible shape!
ONLY God can take the spiritual blindness away!

So, if anyone here is desperate for the Truth,
I encourage you to PRAY with DESPERATION to the Lord God of the Universe!
Then, if He answers you (and not some demon),
you're good to go with the Truth ... whatever it might be!
You won't be testing God ... you'll just be pleading with Him for the Truth.

Last edited by BCsenior; 08-12-2019 at 01:40 PM.