Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 04-08-2011, 11:22 AM
Pentecostalgirl

Re: XUPC Minister Starting GAY Church at Stonewall

i meant sadly mistaken
Old 11-21-2011, 04:46 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
o wow! amazing

i wonder if this is an off-shoot of JIm Baker's gay church in NY ??
Revolution Church is not a gay church and I couldn't identify one gay couple when I was there.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChariot View Post
Revolution Church is not a gay church and I couldn't identify one gay couple when I was there.
TheChariot,

Check out info about Revolution Church and Jay Bakker at this link. It is a book review of his book, an explanation of his view on homosexuality, and a link to a youtube video of him talking about gay marriage.

I have not read the part of this thread you were responding to when you posted about Revolution church but I assume you mean the one in NYC?

http://www.gladysganiel.com/social-j...-gay-marriage/
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 11-24-2011, 08:13 PM
Registered Member

I have gone back to school and had 2 homosexual girls in my class. I shut my mouth and said nothing against them.
I wrote a paper on why the passover teaches the life of christ.We exchanged papers and the one girl read it. She told me it was one of the best papers she ever read. I believe that I was sent to let her read the salvation message. That is what we are to do, just deliever a message in love. God will take care of the rest. Sometimes it is how you deliever the message. I let the girl read it, she was touched. Evryone has to receive the essage of christ.
Old 11-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
TheChariot,

Check out info about Revolution Church and Jay Bakker at this link. It is a book review of his book, an explanation of his view on homosexuality, and a link to a youtube video of him talking about gay marriage.

I have not read the part of this thread you were responding to when you posted about Revolution church but I assume you mean the one in NYC?

http://www.gladysganiel.com/social-j...-gay-marriage/
It's actually in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. It's not a gay church though. A gay church is the MCCLA pastored by Neil Ellis. I'm sure sure if you seen a service, but pretty much all the couples are gay. Revolution Church is an inclusive church, so I've heard, but I didn't see that. I saw many straight couples.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:13 PM
Acts. 2:38 Doctrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
Christian Garrett Starting A Gay church at Stonewall

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...id=293 654017

From his blog....

Dear Friends,

Richest greetings and kindest love from snowy New York. It has been a day of rain and sleet and is beautiful, but cold!

I am writing to ask you to pray about helping us in the launch of a very historic Church plant. On January the 6th at 2pm, we will hold our first service of "Church at Stonewall." We will be meeting in the Stonewall Inn which was the site of the 1969 Stonewall riots. The events of that year are credited by many as being the beginning of the modern gay rights movement.

The Church will be an all inclusive Church that reaches beyond religion into the message of God's eternal and unconditional love. There will be a strong emphasis on healing many in the GLBT community who have been rejected and hurt by right wing religion. We will be presenting the amazing message of God's universal love and grace. God is love and love is God and is within us all.

We need to raise around $2,000 more dollars by the first of January to help with the entire work that goes into starting a Church. I want you to pray about giving to help this new work which will take the good news of God's love and grace into the very heart of New York City.

If you are interested in helping us out...send us a message here at myspace and we will forward you additional information on where to send your gifts.

Thanks so much for your love and support,

Christian
In God there is no such thing as a gay church or a gay christian, what chapter and verse of the bible you get that from?
Old 04-02-2013, 04:17 PM
Acts. 2:38 Doctrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Roc View Post
Why is it that we act toward this sin with disgust and not act with disgust with murder or adultery. (I used a vomit smiley earlier to express my feelings). Obviously, we find it repulsive and nasty...

...but does this nasty feeling toward it cause us to treat those who sin in this manner differently? and should we? is this sin any worse than others? though I do admit that this sin is probably harder to overcome than many others.

We definitely should vomit at the fact that it is being presented as something fine and that God's love and grace overlooks this willful lifestyle...now that definitely deserves a
Homosexuality comes under a higher level of lust, the Bible call it LASCIVIOUSNESS, which is extreme lust, lust gone wild, unbridle or unrestrained lust! It goes beyond that of the opposite sex, THEY BURN IN THEIR LUST FOR THE SAME SEX, THE BIBLE CALL IT VILE AFFECTION! Paul said, "For this cause God gave them up unto VILE AFFECTION: for even their women did CHANGE THE NATURAL USE into that which is AGAINST NATURE: AND LIKEWISE ALSO THE MEN, LEAVING THE NATURAL USE OF THE WOMAN, BURN IN THEIR LUST( LASCIVIOUSNESS) ONE TOWARD ANOTHER; MEN WITH MEN WORKING THAT WHICH IS UNSEEMLY." Romans 1:26-27 (KJV) GOD HAS MADE HIS FEELING VERY PLAIN AND KNOWN ABOUT THIS SINFUL SPIRIT, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE FALSE PROPHETS, THEIR FOLLOWERS AND THE PASSIVE CHURCHGOERS, WHO FEEL ITS NOTHING WRONG TO GO AGAINST GOD WORD! NOW THIS WHAT GOD SAID," Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion."Lev 18:22-23 (KJV) TAKE NOTE THOSE SCRIPTURE FOLLOW EACH OTHER THEY ARE TOGETHER, IN GOD EYES HAVING SEX WITH THE SAME SEX IS AS THE BEAST, IT IS CONFUSION! TO MAKE SURE THEIR IS KNOW MISUNDERSTANDING TO SHOW THE PEOPLE HE MEANT WHAT HE SAID, GOD SAID IT AGAIN, "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." Lev 20:13 (KJV) NOW WHO YOU GOING TO BELEIVE AND OBEY, THE FALSE PROPHETS AND THE PASSIVE CHURCHGOERS OR GOD? Peter said, And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;" 2 Peter 2:6 (KJV) According to Peter God left the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrha on record for those to see what will happen to them who pick up and practice this sin! Truth In Love
Old 04-02-2013, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozo80 View Post
In God there is no such thing as a gay church or a gay christian, what chapter and verse of the bible you get that from?
bozo,

Secret Warrior was quoting from Christian Garrett's blog; it wasn't his personal post.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 04-02-2013, 04:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozo80 View Post
Homosexuality comes under a higher level of lust, the Bible call it LASCIVIOUSNESS, which is extreme lust, lust gone wild, unbridle or unrestrained lust! It goes beyond that of the opposite sex, THEY BURN IN THEIR LUST FOR THE SAME SEX, THE BIBLE CALL IT VILE AFFECTION! Paul said, "For this cause God gave them up unto VILE AFFECTION: for even their women did CHANGE THE NATURAL USE into that which is AGAINST NATURE: AND LIKEWISE ALSO THE MEN, LEAVING THE NATURAL USE OF THE WOMAN, BURN IN THEIR LUST( LASCIVIOUSNESS) ONE TOWARD ANOTHER; MEN WITH MEN WORKING THAT WHICH IS UNSEEMLY." Romans 1:26-27 (KJV) GOD HAS MADE HIS FEELING VERY PLAIN AND KNOWN ABOUT THIS SINFUL SPIRIT, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE FALSE PROPHETS, THEIR FOLLOWERS AND THE PASSIVE CHURCHGOERS, WHO FEEL ITS NOTHING WRONG TO GO AGAINST GOD WORD! NOW THIS WHAT GOD SAID," Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion."Lev 18:22-23 (KJV) TAKE NOTE THOSE SCRIPTURE FOLLOW EACH OTHER THEY ARE TOGETHER, IN GOD EYES HAVING SEX WITH THE SAME SEX IS AS THE BEAST, IT IS CONFUSION! TO MAKE SURE THEIR IS KNOW MISUNDERSTANDING TO SHOW THE PEOPLE HE MEANT WHAT HE SAID, GOD SAID IT AGAIN, "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." Lev 20:13 (KJV) NOW WHO YOU GOING TO BELEIVE AND OBEY, THE FALSE PROPHETS AND THE PASSIVE CHURCHGOERS OR GOD? Peter said, And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;" 2 Peter 2:6 (KJV) According to Peter God left the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrha on record for those to see what will happen to them who pick up and practice this sin! Truth In Love
Great post about homosexuality from conservative pastor, Steve Pixler:

http://stevepixler.wordpress.com/201...to-do-with-it/

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 04-20-2014, 01:21 PM
Banned

We are definitely in the LAST DAYS...and we thought Christianity has seen it all.....