Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Playground > Sports Arena
Facebook

Notices

Sports Arena For all those who want to talk sports...

Old 09-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Administrator

US Open 2011 - Serena Williams, aka, Spoiled Brat

Good grief!!!! Take the call like a big girl and shut up! Unsportsmanlike behavior--and comical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNMSMq9VxV8

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 09-12-2011, 09:32 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Re: US Open 2011 - Serena Williams, aka, Spoiled B

Some people can't handle success. She is uncouth and classless.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 09-12-2011, 09:35 AM
Registered Member

So, she lost the point because she shouted real loud at the opposing player before the ball dropped? That's pretty weird behavior to begin with, to shout loudly at someone while they are trying to concentrate.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:42 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
So, she lost the point because she shouted real loud at the opposing player before the ball dropped? That's pretty weird behavior to begin with, to shout loudly at someone while they are trying to concentrate.
Pretty much. Tennis is like golf--everyone is very quiet while players take their shots. All you hear are the grunts when the players hit the ball and the ump calls. So yes, the "Come on!" was weird to begin with; SW's behavior following was even weirder.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 09-12-2011, 11:55 AM
Registered Member

I thought about this as I was out getting lunch. Sports such as tennis and golf always appealed to me because they are more quiet and subdued. I never liked basketball and football games because of all the noise and clamor. I guess this is why I don't really like loud noisy church services, and prefer the peace and quiet of my own room.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:02 PM
Registered Member

I've never had the patience to watch tennis. Golf, on the other hand, yes. I love it becuase it's quiet and peaceful.

I also like baseball, watching it and going to the games.

Football and basketball -- what a joke!

Baseball and golf, to me, seem to have more mature and more respectible players (sans the few of those in the news in recent years). Football and basketball seem to house the most controversies...

Sports, overall, is not my thing, really...
Old 09-12-2011, 01:11 PM
Registered Member

This is interesting to me, analyzing what sports I really like and don't like. I think it really tells what I'm about as a person, and I need all the help I can get in that area. Baseball, I forgot about that one. Yeah, I'm not a real fan, only been to a pro game one time, in St. Louis. Didn't really care for that either. And, I think the reason is the crowds, the drunks, the aggression, etc. But, I really love a good sports film no matter what the sport. Rudy, Chariots of Fire, The Natural, Field of Dreams, The Sandlot, and Pride of the Yankees are my favorites. A League of Their Own was a real favorite in our house when it came out, but my wife mostly liked it.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Not riding the train

She's been ridiculous for a lot longer than what happened yesterday.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:07 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
She's been ridiculous for a lot longer than what happened yesterday.
Yep, and the opposite of her sister.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 09-12-2011, 03:04 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
This is interesting to me, analyzing what sports I really like and don't like. I think it really tells what I'm about as a person, and I need all the help I can get in that area. Baseball, I forgot about that one. Yeah, I'm not a real fan, only been to a pro game one time, in St. Louis. Didn't really care for that either. And, I think the reason is the crowds, the drunks, the aggression, etc. But, I really love a good sports film no matter what the sport. Rudy, Chariots of Fire, The Natural, Field of Dreams, The Sandlot, and Pride of the Yankees are my favorites. A League of Their Own was a real favorite in our house when it came out, but my wife mostly liked it.
Can't forget The Blind Side. I reeeealy, reeeealy liked that one...

If you've never been to a Rangers game here in Dallas (Arlington), we Texans are pretty well-behaved (IMO)...