Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-02-2021, 07:29 PM
Registered Member

Re: Who was Harry Morse ?

She apparently saw lots of stuff ... floating orbs of light, the heavenly city, with people walking around,...

Kinda reminds me of Demarius Devarius.
Old 12-02-2021, 08:04 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJJ View Post
She apparently saw lots of stuff ... floating orbs of light, the heavenly city, with people walking around,...

Kinda reminds me of Demarius Devarius.
Why bring up Benincasa’s best friend??
Old 12-03-2021, 01:16 AM
Registered Member

Woodworth Etter was a healer. She was Pentecostal. In fact, she was the speaker at the famous 1914 Arroyo Seco Campmeeting where the Oneness revelation was revealed.

She travelled across the USA for many years and wrote a few books. Mattie Crawford did the same thing, but for a shorter time period. Other women healers also travelled and had large meetings.

I have all of Woodworth Etters books, but she did not mention Harry Morse or the other Oneness ministers.

Healers wrote about healing and generally stayed away from other aspects of theology.
Old 12-03-2021, 09:28 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pitta View Post
Woodworth Etter was a healer.
No, she was a charlatan.

Quote:
She was Pentecostal.
This is a broad statement, which has a 100 definitions.

Quote:
In fact, she was the speaker at the famous 1914 Arroyo Seco Campmeeting where the Oneness revelation was revealed.
Scott???? Do you believe that there wasn't One God believers until a debate was brought up about baptism formulas? You do know that from Topeka Kansas to Azusa Street it was basically a ecclesiastical dumpster fire. Writing in tongues? Agnes Ozman recanting that she ever spoke in tongues? Anyway, Woodworth Etter said that Jesus Only Pentecostals were the Devil's spawn. She was a trinitarian reprobate. Your dead fish was more saved then her.

Quote:
She travelled across the USA for many years
Doing absolutely ZERO!!!

Quote:
and wrote a few books.
Toilet paper, and material to start a BBQ.

Quote:
Mattie Crawford did the same thing, but for a shorter time period.
Scott? Do you bring up Apostolics along side Trinitarian Apostolic haters to give the latter credibility among the Apostolic readers? If Jews drank milk, and Hitler drank milk, should we forgive him for the Holocaust? Scott, Maria Woodworth-Etter thought Mattie Crawford was a blasphemer, anti Trinitarian damned to bust hell open wide. In all your studies about early Pentecostalism, did you happen to notice that One God Jesus name wasn't ranking high with early Pentecostal Trinitarians? Jesus Only wasn't an endearment, it was to be an offensive statement to mean that we didn't believe in two other persons of the Trinity. .

Quote:
Other women healers also travelled and had large meetings.
They were traveling around trying to find men to give them a Bible study on Apostolic ministry over adult men.

Quote:
I have all of Woodworth Etters books,
but she did not mention Harry Morse or the other Oneness ministers.
Why Would She!?!?! She Adamantly Believed They Were as Spiritually Dead as Fried Chicken!!!!

Quote:
Healers wrote about healing and generally stayed away from other aspects of theology.
Interpretation of the above quote: These "healers" didn't care about the Bible, or having correct doctrine. You know Scott, there are "gurus' in India who travel around and make money by performing "healings." Not everything that says Lord Lord will enter into the Kingdom of heaven. Scott? Did they do many mighty works in the name of Jesus Christ? Yet, scripture tells us, that Jesus will declare to them, He never knew them; He will then tell them, depart from me, you who practice evil. Scott, Jesus tells them not that he once knew them and they fell away. But He never ever knew them. NEVER.
Old 12-03-2021, 03:49 PM
Registered Member

Frank Ewart considered the revelation at the 1914 Arroyo Seco meeting to be a new revelation.

I have yet to find the quote Woodworth Etter made about Oneness theology. It is my understanding it is in a personal letter, not a published book or article. When I do find it, I will share the entire quote here.

No one who attended the 1914 campmeeting who was Oneness spoke critically of Woodworth Etter. If there are early Oneness criticisms of Woodworth Etter, I am unaware of them.
Old 12-03-2021, 03:49 PM
Registered Member

Frank Ewart considered the revelation at the 1914 Arroyo Seco meeting to be a new revelation.

I have yet to find the quote Woodworth Etter made about Oneness theology. It is my understanding it is in a personal letter, not a published book or article. When I do find it, I will share the entire quote here.

No one who attended the 1914 campmeeting who was Oneness spoke critically of Woodworth Etter. If there are early Oneness criticisms of Woodworth Etter, I am unaware of them.
Old 12-03-2021, 04:06 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Frank who? I guess he hadn't read a Bible until he heard R.E. McAlister at a camp meeting? Scott, the Bible was written in 1914. I know the Millennial Dawn, and Seventh Day Adventists wish it was, but it wasn't. Jesus name baptism has always been available to the student of God's word.

Quote:
Maria Beulah Woodworth Etter, In some cases, however, she did not view theology as mere hair-splitting; she called the emerging anti-Trinitarian “Oneness” movement, for example, “the biggest delusion the devil ever invented.”3

Quote:
No one that you know of.

Scott, Etter was a witch. Plain and simple bro, plain and simple.

In early Pentecost, there was a lot of hocus pocus going on. Like Smith Wigglesworth.
Old 12-25-2021, 07:01 AM
Registered Member

5/20/1913 (Word and Witness)God has wrought a wonderful change on the coast from the accounts given. God has used Bros. G. B. Studd, H. Morse and A. H. Argue in giving Bible lessons. The saints seem glad to study the word, as it is a lamp unto our path.
M. M. Pinson

So Harry Morse taught at the 1913 Arroyo Seco camp meeting. Very cool. Best find of the day.
Old 12-25-2021, 07:10 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
5/20/1913 (Word and Witness)God has wrought a wonderful change on the coast from the accounts given. God has used Bros. G. B. Studd, H. Morse and A. H. Argue in giving Bible lessons. The saints seem glad to study the word, as it is a lamp unto our path.
M. M. Pinson

So Harry Morse taught at the 1913 Arroyo Seco camp meeting. Very cool. Best find of the day.
Do you have an account of what miracles and manifestations were present in those meetings?
Old 12-25-2021, 07:57 AM
Registered Member

Yes, I found a handful of accounts of healings from that meeting this morning. I have yet to be able to cop and paste them. But I will.