Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
charismatic, hallelujah, holiness, holy ghost, revival

Old 06-20-2018, 04:05 PM
Registered Member

Re: Prediction: The Charismatics Will Seek Holine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
If someone repents and is baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and receives the Holy Ghost with tongues are they born again?
Quote:
Dom, If one repents and is baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and receives the Holy Ghost with tongues is that person born again?
Old 06-20-2018, 04:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
I believe some of them have BEEN seeking holiness. I cant say all. But at least some. I am convinced there are people in at least one of these groups who ARE living holy as in consecrated and committed.

Matter of fact IMO some are living closer to Jesus than some Apostolics. Now this is MY experience from Apostolics I have known or heard by way of recordings or writings.

And yes they lack the great truth of Oneness and Acts 2:38 as the new birth but I have been praying a long time for God to move in their midst to bring these things out, so what can I do but believe it will happen?

That Misty lady you like so much-- who is she associated with?

I know that IHOP had Oneness people with them in the very beginning of their foundations... but look at what IHOP is: INTERNATIONAL HOUSE OF PRAYER!

There is power in the kind of personal holiness they advocate.

I'm afraid we deny this at the peril of our own closeness to God-- we have the Truth-- AND WE DO-- but they don't so the holiness they seek is unnecessary as "someone" (maybe it will come in a form of a dream) reveals to us the freedom we have to live more loose than some charismatics!
Old 06-20-2018, 04:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo View Post
That Misty lady you like so much-- who is associated with?

I know that IHOP had Oneness people with them in the very beginning of their foundations... but look at what IHOP is: INTERNATIONAL HOUSE OF PRAYER!

There is power in the kind of personal holiness they advocate.
This thread keeps getting weirder and weirder...

Old 06-20-2018, 04:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Yep...

I don't know what your prayer life and I will not presume-- but I know where their emphasis is, despite the scandal that rocked them. We have our scandals too.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:09 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
This thread keeps getting weirder and weirder...

Now spiritual pancakes.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:12 PM
Banned

IHOP is just one-- but they will be joined by a sea of Holy Ghost seekers and they will realize and embrace HOLINESS.

So convinced I am, I PROPHESY THIS IN JESUS NAME and if the Admin could change the title of my thread to "PROPHESY" I'd appreciate it.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:13 PM
Banned

If you guys only knew how serious I am...

I know, I know... my stupid username...

Old 06-20-2018, 04:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Yep...

I don't know what your prayer life and I will not presume-- but I know where their emphasis is, despite the scandal that rocked them. We have our scandals too.
It goes beyond old scandals. ihop and it's founder and representatives like Misty Edwards promote mysticism and contemplative/centering teaching.

Bickle has promoted lectio devina, has praised Bernard of Clairvaux and Father Thomas Keating - openly promoting catholic mystics and eastern philosophy.

If only ihop had past scandals to worry about. They have much bigger issues.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
IHOP is just one-- but they will be joined by a sea of Holy Ghost seekers and they will realize and embrace HOLINESS.

So convinced I am, I PROPHESY THIS IN JESUS NAME and if the Admin could change the title of my thread to "PROPHESY" I'd appreciate it.
Careful...

"But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.’ And if you say in your heart, ‘How may we know the word that the Lord has not spoken?’— when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him."
Old 06-20-2018, 04:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Careful...

"But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.’ And if you say in your heart, ‘How may we know the word that the Lord has not spoken?’— when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him."
The Lord has allowed me to make this bold declaration so that you will see it, because you will see it.