Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
depression, holy ghost, salvation, suicide

Old 09-12-2013, 09:25 PM
Registered Member

Re: Mental Illness Revisited...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
You are talking about bipolar, that is what my wife suffered with her entire life. She had a really bad situation which had her go to a UPCI church which was pastored by Brother Wayne Rooks, and Brother Bobby Stewart. When she received the Holy Ghost with evidence of speaking in other tongues she was healed and never had another episode. Never, we have two beautiful girls and my wife has been through a lot since she as (an evangelist's wife) has been in the church, but NEVER has had an episode with the issues of bipolar. I will be praying for your friend, keep praying with him, and telling him he can do it through the power of Jesus Christ.
If she did complain about "feeling down" or depression, would you listen? Or slap her on the forehead with a loud "In JESUS name!" rebuke and shove her on her merry way? MANY won't admit to depression because of the latter response from people they know.

Last edited by RandyWayne; 09-12-2013 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 09:36 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
If she did complain about "feeling down" or depression, would you listen? Or slap her on the forehead with a loud "In JESUS name!" rebuke and shove her on her marry way? MANY won't admit to depression because of the latter response from people they know.
Shove her on her marry way?

Hitting the scotch tonight?
Old 09-12-2013, 09:39 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
If she did complain about "feeling down" or depression, would you listen? Or slap her on the forehead with a loud "In JESUS name!" rebuke and shove her on her marry way? MANY won't admit to depression because of the latter response from people they know.
No, Randy, she has never had an episode and unless you have experienced severe bipolar then you know it can't be hidden. Hey, doesn't your wife have an uncle with bipolar? Then if it's a severe situation you know it can't be masked.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:04 PM
Registered Member

EB

Yes, I would agree that sometimes being raised in Oneness Pentecostalism can be a detriment in some areas. Especially when you have been taught only the judgement of God and didn't get a real revelation of the GRACE of God until later in life.

I'm sorry if I came across judgmental to you. No, I don't know you and what you have been through in your life. I am very thankful and praise the Lord with you for your wife's miraculous healing of her bipolar issues. And yes.... I personally know of others who have been miraculously healed of mental issues. But I'm sorry, we will just have to agree to disagree on this point. I have medical personnel in whom I have a lot of confidence that are, in fact, filled with the Holy Ghost who will differ with you as well.

Personally, until God sees fit to miraculously heal this particular person that I am close to, I will continue to encourage them to take the meds (and vitamins) that have been prescribed. I would much rather that than have to help plan a funeral!
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
Old 09-12-2013, 10:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Shove her on her marry way?

Hitting the scotch tonight?
Naw, I would have far more misspellings if that was the case. And yes, that was one. But THAT is called dyslexia. Probably just another demon needing to be rebuked. . .

Last edited by RandyWayne; 09-12-2013 at 10:23 PM.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
No, Randy, she has never had an episode and unless you have experienced severe bipolar then you know it can't be hidden. Hey, doesn't your wife have an uncle with bipolar? Then if it's a severe situation you know it can't be masked.

No. Other issues yes, but not bipolar. Of course she has so many uncles and aunts (and cousins) that if anyone came along with a "word of knowledge" and said "and you have a relative suffering from <fill in the blank>" they would probably get it right.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:45 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Naw, I would have far more misspellings if that was the case. And yes, that was one. But THAT is called dyslexia. Probably just another demon needing to be rebuked. . .
Demon?

More like you're drinking a little too much Rockstar with Red Bull chasers.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:46 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:

No. Other issues yes, but not bipolar. Of course she has so many uncles and aunts (and cousins) that if anyone came along with a "word of knowledge" and said "and you have a relative suffering from <fill in the blank>" they would probably get it right.
I PMed you the information you once gave me.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:01 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea View Post
EB

Yes, I would agree that sometimes being raised in Oneness Pentecostalism can be a detriment in some areas. Especially when you have been taught only the judgement of God and didn't get a real revelation of the GRACE of God until later in life.

I'm sorry if I came across judgmental to you. No, I don't know you and what you have been through in your life. I am very thankful and praise the Lord with you for your wife's miraculous healing of her bipolar issues. And yes.... I personally know of others who have been miraculously healed of mental issues. But I'm sorry, we will just have to agree to disagree on this point. I have medical personnel in whom I have a lot of confidence that are, in fact, filled with the Holy Ghost who will differ with you as well.

Personally, until God sees fit to miraculously heal this particular person that I am close to, I will continue to encourage them to take the meds (and vitamins) that have been prescribed. I would much rather that than have to help plan a funeral!
Well, I guess I will have to firmly disagree.

With all due respect you obviously clearly don't know how powerful and dangerous those drugs are that your friend is taking. The vitamins mixed with the psychotropics is like mixing spring water with scotch, and thinking you are doing something healthy. Ask your friend, for the list of their meds, and go on line and search their side effects. The problem is this, the cure is worst than the curse. Encourage your friend to seek Jesus Christ, but if they are being taken care of by the state, they are condemned to be on their meds forever. Because they are told there is no cure, but only to keep the illness under control. That is a living hell. One young man who lives on the streets here in Fort Lauderdale (we have a large population on homeless on psychotropics in my city) is on 10 different psychotropics, and why does he take so many? Mainly because of side effects. When they try to wean themselves off their meds they start to hear voices, and other bizarre issues. Suicide is the most common when they try to come off the meds, or having to be Baker acted and locked up in the county psych ward for observation. It is horrible.

Yet I believe as the Lord Jesus Christ healed Sister Benincasa, He can and has healed many others.

The Lord Jesus Christ touch your friend.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:12 PM
Registered Member

EB - I have done a lot of research regarding the meds that have been prescribed. Frankly, the side effects from medications for high blood pressure and high trigylcerides scare me more. This individual is not getting any help from the state. In fact, all payment has been out of pocket - This person is not a "street person" - but, a well respected member of the community and local church.

"Encourage your friend to seek Jesus Christ..." - your words brought tears of frustration to my eyes. If you could only understand - seeking Jesus for 18 months - fasting and prayer - this has been done not only by my friend but all the family as well. By prayer warriors at the church. The day we realized that suicide was just around the corner because there was no miraculous healing, was the day we found a CHRISTIAN - BORN AGAIN doctor who could help. Meds are closely monitored by the doctor and the basis for the counseling at each visit is scripture based.

All I ask - is please don't judge Christians who face these issues. That only compounds their problems.
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11