Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Registered Member

Lake of Fire *Annihilation Doctrine*

I am kind of confused here. I have read a couple of posts here recently that the wicked will go to the lake of fire and be purified not annialated..
Also read something about a book from Boyd who explains this. Someone want to enlightn me.

What about some saints that have struggles with the same sins over and over?are they goin to the lake of fire? Does this relate to them?
Old 06-02-2011, 08:43 PM
Registered Member

Re: Lake of Fire *Annihilation Doctrine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvet786c View Post
I am kind of confused here. I have read a couple of posts here recently that the wicked will go to the lake of fire and be purified not annialated..
Also read something about a book from Boyd who explains this. Someone want to enlightn me.

What about some saints that have struggles with the same sins over and over?are they goin to the lake of fire? Does this relate to them?
those who believe the lake of fire is a purifing fire. there universalist and believe all will be saved. This isnt biblical its a man made doctrine to make you feel better about sinning and living your life in sin.

There is only one ressurection for eternal Life and John said blessed are those who take part in the first ressurection, for the second death has no power over them.

Universalist preach that if you miss this you will go to the lake of fire and get purified then ressurected.

There is no second ressurection to life,

Concerning sin. Brother we all struggle with Something, we are not perfect. However WE are told to repent and believe on the one whom God sent. His Son.

John 3:16 Mark 16:16

we understand that God is Love and is full of mercy, God is also Holy and Just.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for responding, Let me ask you this then. In revelation Jesus said that he will not blot our names out of the book of life. Does this mean that he still could and would even now? Is this talking about now in the present?
Old 06-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvet786c View Post
Thanks for responding, Let me ask you this then. In revelation Jesus said that he will not blot our names out of the book of life. Does this mean that he still could and would even now? Is this talking about now in the present?
revelations 3:5
He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

revelations 20:15
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

exodus 32:33
33The Lord replied to Moses, “Whoever has sinned against me I will blot out of my book

how do we become overcommers.

1John 5:5
(Kjv)
Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

New International Version (©1984)
Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:09 PM
Registered Member

Hi Corvette,

The doctrine of annihilation of the wicked is NOT the same as the doctrine of Ultimate Reconciliation/Universalism. Annihilation means the wicked will be DESTROYED in the lake of fire.

Their punishment is ETERNAL. Once they die (in the lake) they will NEVER LIVE AGAIN. That is the true punishment of sins.

Remember John 3:16?

Jesus came that if we believe we will not PERISH. That means to be "fully destroyed". I will comment more later.

And by the way yes we must overcome if we want to escape the lake of fire and it means far more than to believe. Faith is HOW WE OVERCOME. Yet faith is ONLY demonstrated by obedience to God.

The standard for every Christian has always been from day one:

Be ye perfect. Meaning perfect in the sense of doing Gods will. If we sin we can repent. So thats comforting. But for a Christian to sin is the exception and not the rule.

Names can be blotted out of the book of life. The devil wants YOURS to be blotted out. The teachings of men that we need not be perfect is a huge disaster, spoiling the pure and holy concept of Christian discipleship.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Sister Alvear

If my memory is correct I think Brother Stairs believed annihiation...few here if any would remember him...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 06-03-2011, 03:09 PM
Registered Member

Here is the scripture that began to open the eyes of my understanding:

10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matt. 10:28

The soul can be destroyed the same as the body. It is not eternal. It is mortal and perishable. The wicked having not been granted the gift of eternal life must die. After suffering in the Gehenna fire they will pass out of existence.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Jesus is the only Lord God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
If my memory is correct I think Brother Stairs believed annihiation...few here if any would remember him...
Branham also promoted annihilation
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)
Old 06-03-2011, 03:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
The Bro Stair that was on the radio years ago? I remember him. If I'm not mistaken, I believe he and Bro Wilder were friends.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Registered Member

Allow me to build a bit of foundation. We see in the gospels both Yeshua and John the Baptist preaching about punishment of fire for the wicked. The big question is where did they get the doctrine? If we can find their REFERENCE POINT we will understand their meaning. The last Prophet before Yeshua and John was MALACHI. I believe much of their doctrine in this matter is referenced back to him.

For behold the DAY cometh that shall BURN AS AN OVEN: and all the proud yea and all THAT DO WICKEDLY shall be STUBBLE: and the DAY that cometh shall BURN THEM UP saith the Lord of Hosts, that it shall leave them NEITHER ROOT NOR BRANCH. But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of Righteousness arise with healing in his wings and you shall go forth and grow up as calves of the stall. And ye shall tread down the wicked for they shall be ASHES UNDER THE SOLES OF YOUR FEET in the day that I shall do this saith the Lord of Hosts. MALACHI 4:1-3

Notice Malachi's emphasis is on THE DESTRUCTION OF THE WICKED. Keeping this in mind lets go to the gospels and visit the teaching of Yeshua and John.

And now also the ax is laid to the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not good fruit is hewn down and cast into the fire. John the Baptist in Matt.3:10

The enemy that sowed them is the devil: the harvest is the end of the world: and the reapers are the angels.
As therefore the TARES are gathered and BURNED IN THE FIRE so shall it be in the end of this world. Matt.13:39-40

So shall it be at the end of the world the angels shall come forth and sever the wicked from among the just, and shall cast them INTO THE FURNACE OF FIRE: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Matt.13:49-50

Whose fan is in his hand and he will thoroughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner, but THE CHAFF HE WILL BURN with fire unquenchable. John in Luke 3:17

Now my question is where did Yeshua and John get the concepts of the FURNACE OF FIRE? Was it not the same as Malachi's Fiery OVEN?
How about the concept of THE TARES and THE CHAFF? Is it not the same as Malachi's STUBBLE? If they are indeed referring back to Malachi his prophetic words carried the message of the DESTRUCTION OF THE WICKED as opposed to their never ending torment.

This harmonizes with what GOD had already declared to be the punishment of sin.

Behold all souls are mine, as the soul of the father so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul THAT SINNETH IT SHALL DIE. Ezekiel 18:4

If Yeshua and John were not referring back to Malachi, where was their reference point?

And fear not them which KILL the body but are not able to KILL the soul: but rather fear him which is able to DESTROY both SOUL AND BODY IN HELL. Matt.10:28

It was no doubt the destruction of the wicked in Malachi's OVEN Yeshua HAD IN MIND HERE.