Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 08-15-2007, 01:42 PM
Registered Member

Does God approve of "interracial" marriage??

I had a Pastor in Texas that was against a hispanic/"white" marriage. He claimed that at the tower of babel, God divided the races and that He/God does not approve of interracial marriage. I believe that Pentecost reversed babel, when christians are united in spirit by "speaking in tongues." I also showed him I Cor 7:39:

"The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord."

This issue has been a constant source of consternation in my own life. I can see both sides of the argument. What do "y'all" think? :sshhh
Old 08-15-2007, 01:59 PM
Registered Member

I have never thought of hispanic and white as mixed race.
Funny I don't go around every day thinking what "Race" I am.
People are people and they all have quirks.
Political divides is really what it is.
Always keeping this in the forefront are those politicians whose careers
profit from it.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:05 PM
Registered Member

Yes
Old 08-15-2007, 02:09 PM
uncharismatic conservative maverick

Nothing wrong with an inter-racial marraige as long as you understand the family ramifications. Relationship w/people is very important, especially w/your own family. if one can live with the possability that ones family will scrutinize them for it, then that will be the choice that one makes. I personally do not see where it is sinful, but there are some people who are so narrow minded, that your own spirituality will be tested. Then there are families that would accept anyone into thier own, whether they be Jew, Samaritan, or Gentile. We are all created by the one same God, and we are adopted into his family, so, why not?
Old 08-15-2007, 02:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated Mind View Post
I had a Pastor in Texas that was against a hispanic/"white" marriage. He claimed that at the tower of babel, God divided the races and that He/God does not approve of interracial marriage. I believe that Pentecost reversed babel, when christians are united in spirit by "speaking in tongues." I also showed him I Cor 7:39:

"The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord."

This issue has been a constant source of consternation in my own life. I can see both sides of the argument. What do "y'all" think? :sshhh
That's weird here the forbidden fruit is afro-americans
Old 08-15-2007, 02:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consapostolic1 View Post
That's weird here the forbidden fruit is afro-americans
I think the Pastor had his eye on the same gal for his son.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:45 PM
Accepts all friends requests

There is a lot of latent racism that you run into in Apostolic circles and in society in general. Using that pastor's text one could say that you must marry only someone who is a native speaker of the same language as your own. Clearly ridiculous.

But when you try to point this out to these people they usually fall back on this "Don't pick on my because of my beliefs" passive/aggressive game. They start with the aggressive and racist angle and then go passive with "Well, that's the way I was taught and you just have to accept it..."

No we don't. They were taught wrong and need to be evangelized with the truth. Funny things is, you will run into some of the same latent racism coming from Hispanic and African-Americans as well. I have family members who are tormented by their relatives because they aren't "black enough" or because they have become traitors to "La Raza."

If anyone is falling in love with someone in these circumstances, you had better make sure that you're ready to make a lifetime commitment to overcoming the often severe and bitter attacks you will face. But then, if it's true love, love conquerors all.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:55 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Tell the preacher he is a racist and needs to repent.

the only thing God is agasint is anyone (including the french) marrying someone who is french. (by french i mean france not canadians or Louisianians)
Old 08-15-2007, 03:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Tell the preacher he is a racist and needs to repent.

the only thing God is agasint is anyone (including the french) marrying someone who is french. (by french i mean france not canadians or Louisianians)
:diggin
Get a good policy.You are going to be needing to call NLYP.
Where do you think the french that live in Canada and Louisiana originated?
Some of us have family that never lived in Canada.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:36 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouvere View Post
:diggin
Get a good policy.You are going to be needing to call NLYP.
Where do you think the french that live in Canada and Louisiana originated?
Some of us have family that never lived in Canada.
LOL! God forgave us when we escaped the mother land.