Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-06-2007, 10:08 PM
slave4him

God is doing wonderful things in Columbia Tn

Praise the Lord! We had a lady who came to church due to our door knocking. The man whom went to her door that day. Said the same thing he says at every door. She cut him off and asked him in whos name do we pray. And he told her Jesus of course. She said she was heading to work but she would be their. That same night he was driving through Hardies drive thru and guess who was his attendant. He reminded her who he was and she said you know just this morning I was praying that God would lead me to a church that was the real thing. She said then not long after that you came to my door. This was approx. 2mo ago. She came that following sunday night and brought a friend. You could tell the friend was very uncomfortable. We just kept showing love to them. The ladys friend kept trying to get her to leave but she wouldn't . After the service we talked to her and got her to let us give her a home bible study. She has been coming a few weeks now. 2 weeks ago she got babtized and last sunday night she recieved the Holy Ghost. Her friend who thought we were crazy, last sunday night after leaving the service she called the asst. pastor and said she needed to talk. She met him and his wife at the church. She started weeping and told him that she new the message he had preached was talking to her. She got baptized at 10:30 that night. tonight she recieved the Holy Ghost. We also had a man whom another man in our church was dealing with call him late saturday night. This man had shown no sign of interest when they would talk of Jesus in the past. This time though he was the one talking. He asked if he could be baptized right then. They went and met him at the church late saturday night and baptized him. He recieved the Holy Ghost when he was coming up out of the water. He spent 30-45min speaking in tounges in the baptistry.

These are awsome to me because this week our church has really been under attack. See we have a 22 year old boy who grew up in the church who was in a car wreck last saturday and he is now in a coma. This boy was not living for God and the whole church is hurting. Through this though we are having revival and two of this boys cousins who were not living right prayed through today. What the devil meant for harm God has turned it into a blessing.

Please pray for this young man and his family. His name is Kenny Jo Conner.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:10 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

This is great news.The devil will fight the church but the gates of hell can't prevail agains't it.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:23 PM
Administrator

Are you the UPC church in Columbia? If so I visited there two or three years ago.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:24 PM
Registered Member

Well slap my knee and call me jolly, that's great!
Old 05-06-2007, 10:30 PM
slave4him

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Are you the UPC church in Columbia? If so I visited there two or three years ago.
Yes that would be us. Where you just passing through or do you know someone here.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by slave4him View Post
Yes that would be us. Where you just passing through or do you know someone here.
I lived in College Grove at the time and a UPC relative was visiting who has a friend that goes to your church. I took her to a Sunday night service there so she could see her friend.

It is a very pretty church building and everyone was very friendly and nice.

I also visited the AMF ultra con church in Columbia a year or two before it burned down when I went to two nights of the AMF conference there.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:49 PM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
I lived in College Grove at the time and a UPC relative was visiting who has a friend that goes to your church. I took her to a Sunday night service there so she could see her friend.

It is a very pretty church building and everyone was very friendly and nice.

I also visited the AMF ultra con church in Columbia a year or two before it burned down when I went to two nights of the AMF conference there.

I thought you took her there to get her shockamoo fix!!!