Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 05-02-2013, 12:45 AM
Registered Member

Palin for Senate?

there is a senate race in 2014 for an alaska senate seat. will palin bite or is she more interested in media and reality shows?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...p_ref=politics
Old 05-02-2013, 01:05 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Re: Palin for Senate?

Let's hope not. UGH
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV

Last edited by Cindy; 05-02-2013 at 07:52 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:20 AM
Registered Member

She is a great woman hopefully she will.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:22 AM
Solid 3 Stepper

There are plenty of nuts who would vote for her, hoping she wouldn't quit half way through her term!

Last edited by Light; 05-02-2013 at 07:41 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:16 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
There are plenty of nuts who would vote for her, hoping she wouldn't quit half way through her term!
While I believe that was meant as an insult, it's really a valid point. You know she'll be scrutinized and under the microscope in DC. How soon before she would claim that she can't focus on the issues because the bad media is after her? I'd rather her not run, and just keep being the cheerleader, running around giving peppy little speeches.

I will never forgive McCain for introducing us to Sarah Palin.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:57 AM
Registered Member

And I cant see any reason to ever vote for a Republican compromiser again. Sarah always sets the crowds on fire. Mcains handelers cut their throats by keeping her on a leash. Had she not been on the ticket many of us were not planning to vote for him.

But really we are about at the point where America does not deserve a candidate like Sarah.

They like candidates that like no discussion except the need for low taxes and a friendly business environment. No social issues allowed!

How did that work out last time?
Old 05-02-2013, 10:10 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
And I cant see any reason to ever vote for a Republican compromiser again. Sarah always sets the crowds on fire. Mcains handelers cut their throats by keeping her on a leash. Had she not been on the ticket many of us were not planning to vote for him.

But really we are about at the point where America does not deserve a candidate like Sarah.

They like candidates that like no discussion except the need for low taxes and a friendly business environment. No social issues allowed!

I viewed a clip, yesterday, where Joe Biden is telling McCain that if the economy hadn't been in trouble, McCain would have won the election. He went on to say that both he and Obama know that.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:44 AM
Registered Member

Obama is the president for this people. They call evil good and good evil. "Conservative" politicians wont help us. Only the ones who would be willing to call for repenting and changing our ways.

The judgments will be getting more harsh as God understands most Americans are not his friends.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:45 AM
Apostolic Pentecostal

MTD, I think that you are exactly right, and have often said so. I do hope that she runs and wins.

Visit me at www.jonathandtalbot.blogspot.com.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:25 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post

I live in AZ. I did vote McCain for President in '08, but I don't vote for his Senate re-elections. I don't like McCain. I don't like his daughter Meghan. He's a RINO and warmonger. I hated voting for him, but there was no way I was voting for Obama. And shame on anyone who didn't vote, but sat out and sucked their thumb, whining because a RINO was on the Republican ticket.

But let's be honest. Palin wasn't ready for the spotlight. She was completely over her head and wasn't prepared. Her interviews were a catastrophe. I know Palin and her supporters like to blame McCain's people for keeping her on a leash, but it's not their fault she bombed the interviews.

McCain chose her because he needed a trump card to beat Obama. Palin wasn't chosen because she was the best candidate. She was chosen because she was an attractive, witty, successful, white woman.

It reminds me of an episode of "Modern Family." The gay couple adopted an Vietnamese baby and wanted to enroll her in a prestigious daycare, but there was only one spot available. They thought for sure they would get it, because they were a gay couple with a minority baby. Cam even pretended to be Native American to up their chances. Then, while in the administration room waiting to see the head of the daycare, in walks a disabled, interracial lesbian couple with an adopted African baby.

I'm going to flip flop on my earlier position, when I said I hoped she wouldn't run again. The standards for being a Senator or member of Congress are less than that of the President/VP. So, sure, Palin should run for the AK Senate seat. She could be a good Senator.

I would still be against her running on a Presidential ticket until she's got a term or two under her belt.