Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-14-2017, 10:06 AM
Registered Member

Re: Submission? Or Power and Control?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
And that's where we differ.
I believe it does.
I have heard all of the arguments on both sides and believe that it does.
I have done my own personal study and believe that it does.
If I get to heaven and there are women there with cut hair, I will be fine with that. It will not lessen my joy in the least.
But, I do not believe there will be women with cut hair AND bad attitudes.
Lol...
I assume you are insinuating that I have a bad attitude simply because I speak out on this issue. I'll overlook that.

If you believe the Bible says uncut hair-fine. If you or your family practice that-fine. I just hope you or your family don't believe it's salvational or that you get special protection or the scary stories that when women cut their hair bad things happen or that women who don't cut their hair can control their environment without sin, like the booklet I quoted says. It's just not true.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 08-14-2017, 10:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
I noticed they are starting to get away from the beards issue more than in the past. But men have always been able to push the envelope in ways that women can't. If women say there is a problem and men say there isn't, women are just supposed to be silent and conform.
I know. And it's saddening that we don't value women more. I'm sorry sister. You're a daughter of El Shaddai. We should honor you as such by truly listening and hearing you. In a very real way, a church becomes far too unbalanced when women are silenced.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
And that's where we differ.
I believe it does.
I have heard all of the arguments on both sides and believe that it does.
I have done my own personal study and believe that it does.
If I get to heaven and there are women there with cut hair, I will be fine with that. It will not lessen my joy in the least.
But, I do not believe there will be women with cut hair AND bad attitudes.
Lol...
No one likes a bad attitude. LOL

But, think about it... when you're mocked, condemned, and rejected over having uncut hair, is it not a challenge to keep a good attitude?
Old 08-14-2017, 10:14 AM
Banned

Without any interpretive jumping through hoops... please provide a single verse requiring uncut hair. The verse alone.

I'm waiting.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:22 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
I know. And it's saddening that we don't value women more. I'm sorry sister. You're a daughter of El Shaddai. We should honor you as such by truly listening and hearing you. In a very real way, a church becomes far too unbalanced when women are silenced.
Thank you.

I'll tell you how I handled my disagreement with standards when I was still UPC. I felt I was bound to honor my husband and the church, even though I felt free of the mind prison. Once I knew standards were not biblical as they had been taught, I kept standards for four years after that. We were pastoring, and I had no desire to hurt anyone at any time. My husband eventually agreed with me and we resigned and quietly left. After I had been out of the church for two years, I finally cut my hair. I didn't care about cut or uncut. What I cared about was that I was finally free of the mind bending and mind twisting that I had been under for so many years and that is why I write. I don't care if the women here have uncut hair for the rest of their lives. It doesn't matter to me. I respect the decision. I just don't like to see people held in cages made by men.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 08-14-2017, 10:23 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Without any interpretive jumping through hoops... please provide a single verse requiring uncut hair. The verse alone.

I'm waiting.

Old 08-14-2017, 10:27 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
I assume you are insinuating that I have a bad attitude simply because I speak out on this issue. I'll overlook that.

If you believe the Bible says uncut hair-fine. If you or your family practice that-fine. I just hope you or your family don't believe it's salvational or that you get special protection or the scary stories that when women cut their hair bad things happen or that women who don't cut their hair can control their environment without sin, like the booklet I quoted says. It's just not true.
Every church I personally know, have attended and attend now say that the standards are not salvational, including the hair. However, you are viewed as backslid if you do not adhere to the standards. That is hard to explain to people.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:45 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Every church I personally know, have attended and attend now say that the standards are not salvational, including the hair. However, you are viewed as backslid if you do not adhere to the standards. That is hard to explain to people.
Exactly. They always said they were not salvational when I was in the church. But.....if you don't do them....you are like Jezebel.....you open your home to evil spirits.....you are a promoter of homosexuality......you are promoting feminism......and then.....they tie in all the scriptures about abominations and usurping authority and obeying them that have the rule over you and that rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft! In the end......they're salvational.

Old 08-14-2017, 10:50 AM
Banned

I hate to break it to people, but... if you've ever cut your hair in your life, you can't claim you have uncut hair. Cut is cut. I know girls born into the Apostolic movement who have truly never had their hair cut and it is down to their ankles (and sometimes longer). That's uncut. But if you lived in the world for 26 years, cutting and styling your hair, and for the past 8 years you've been in the church and have not cut your hair, your hair is long. It's not uncut. For if it were uncut, it would be far longer. Cut is cut. It's like being a virgin. Either you've been to that rodeo or your haven't. Once you've been there, you can't claim you haven't. lol

So, in truth, more women in the church have cut hair than perhaps they are willing to realize. And that's the honest truth.

Last edited by Aquila; 08-14-2017 at 10:55 AM.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:53 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Hard to explain? No, its pretty easy to explain. Like this:

"We believe in keeping up appearances cause the old folks will leave us if we don't, and they have all the money. But we need to get young folks on board, so we're slowly loosening the belt. In a couple generations it'll all hang out, then we can all hang out at the local AoG and be just like everybody else, cause there's money to be made."

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf