Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 04-02-2007, 01:30 PM
Honorary Admin

This is pure HERESY!

I believe that anything that is assigned a soteriological significance (a MUST for salvation) that God's word does not clearly and specifically state so, is a HERETICAL doctrine and could be therefore worthy of damnation.

I think it is fine to declare to people that certain things may be damaging to their relationship with the Lord.

But to state that because the pastor declares something that should either be done or refrained from, and then declare that because someone in their church doesn't follow the pastor's directive, and is therefore disobedient, and therfore rebellious, and therefore in witchcraft, and therefore headed to STRAIGHT to hell, is nothing short of popery.

There is nothing greater on this earth than the salvation God Himself purchased with His own blood!!! To MESS with that, IMO, is to take the role of God Himself upon oneself.

I think that is dangerous territory to tread upon. Call me liberal. Call me a compromiser. Call me loosey goosey or whatever it is you want to call me, but I ain't messin' with salvation.

Happy Easter!!!!
Old 04-02-2007, 01:32 PM
Bro. Y, I'll never forget...

Loosey Goosey.....

"You don't need a license to preach, or teach, or win souls." RonB

"In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing. ~ John Andrew Holmes
Old 04-02-2007, 01:40 PM

You were ok up to the "I believe" part.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfWord View Post
I believe that anything that is assigned a soteriological significance (a MUST for salvation) that God's word does not clearly and specifically state so, is a HERETICAL doctrine and could be therefore worthy of damnation.

I think it is fine to declare to people that certain things may be damaging to their relationship with the Lord.

But to state that because the pastor declares something that should either be done or refrained from, and then declare that because someone in their church doesn't follow the pastor's directive, and is therefore disobedient, and therfore rebellious, and therefore in witchcraft, and therefore headed to STRAIGHT to hell, is nothing short of popery.

There is nothing greater on this earth than the salvation God Himself purchased with His own blood!!! To MESS with that, IMO, is to take the role of God Himself upon oneself.

I think that is dangerous territory to tread upon. Call me liberal. Call me a compromiser. Call me loosey goosey or whatever it is you want to call me, but I ain't messin' with salvation.

Happy Easter!!!!
MOW has the TRUTH.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:46 PM
but made himself of no reputation

Mow wrote:
Quote:
what if someone was teaching that somebody was Christ's who did not have the Spirit of Christ dwelling within them?

for instance, somebody who believed but did not have the spirit of Christ dwelling in them?

would speaking of this lacking condition be heretical doctrinal teachings?
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath [James 1:19]
Old 04-02-2007, 01:50 PM
CupCake

Quote:

Happy Easter!!!!

Agree!
Old 04-02-2007, 01:57 PM
uncharismatic conservative maverick

Quote:

Happy Easter!!!!
Liberal!
Old 04-02-2007, 02:00 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

See, even folk who think everyone is saved can find something to call heresy!
Old 04-02-2007, 02:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
MOW has the TRUTH.
MOW thinks there is NO error so everything is relative an sorta the truth! He has several rulers in his home one has 10 inches, one has 13 inches, one is elastic a foot is anything you want it to be. Doesn't want to be seen as being like those dogmatic folks that only believe 12 inches can be a foot those radicals.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:05 PM
Ronzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
See, even folk who think everyone is saved can find something to call heresy!
Nice, Ferd...