Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Marriage Matters
Facebook

Notices

Marriage Matters For discussion of Marital issues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 10-07-2019, 08:04 PM
Graham Graham is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 46
Wink Re: Divorce and remarriage

Hi Peter!
Let us pretend that you are a wicked sinner and you want to buy a nice house.
You have to sign a contract for a loan to buy this nice house. Then pretend
that you want to be saved from your sins and you repent and are baptized
and even receive the Holy Ghost.
Since God forgives and forgets your past life does He forgive and forget that
big loan you made? Wouldn't that be nice? ; )
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-08-2019, 02:25 AM
peter83 peter83 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,386
Re: Divorce and remarriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Hi Peter!
Let us pretend that you are a wicked sinner and you want to buy a nice house.
You have to sign a contract for a loan to buy this nice house. Then pretend
that you want to be saved from your sins and you repent and are baptized
and even receive the Holy Ghost.
Since God forgives and forgets your past life does He forgive and forget that
big loan you made? Wouldn't that be nice? ; )
We speak for a Christian who divorces and then married again. (the same could apple to the past life, but let ie be simple).
Repentance is "feel sorry for your sins and then dont do them anymore" right?
Ιf i live to house that is not mine, repent means i give back the house.
If my sin is fornication then i must dont live anymore in fornication!
If i am a stiller then i will not live anymore as a stiller.
If i am in adultery.., i have to leave the adultery !
(if i rpent for fornication and then i continue sleeping with that woman, is that repentance? Evey time i sleep with her, i just commit what i confessed as a sin!
Is simplest like that?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-08-2019, 05:08 PM
Graham Graham is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 46
Re: Divorce and remarriage

Yes it is.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-05-2020, 03:51 PM
thephnxman thephnxman is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Phoenix, AZ.: Baptized in the NAME of the Lord Jesus in 1982.
Posts: 2,061
Re: Divorce and remarriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Clear cut case according to Jesus:

Matt 19:9

9And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

The innocent party can marry again. The guilty party may not (remarry).
Apparently, many in the body don't really know what is "fornication".
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-05-2020, 04:05 PM
hometown guy hometown guy is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,177
Re: Divorce and remarriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter83 View Post
We speak for a Christian who divorces and then married again. (the same could apple to the past life, but let ie be simple).
Repentance is "feel sorry for your sins and then dont do them anymore" right?
Ιf i live to house that is not mine, repent means i give back the house.
If my sin is fornication then i must dont live anymore in fornication!
If i am a stiller then i will not live anymore as a stiller.
If i am in adultery.., i have to leave the adultery !
(if i rpent for fornication and then i continue sleeping with that woman, is that repentance? Evey time i sleep with her, i just commit what i confessed as a sin!
Is simplest like that?
Wait ... with that mentality if you have a child out of wedlock and you repent that means you do what with the child??
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-05-2020, 07:15 PM
Esaias's Avatar
Esaias Esaias is offline
Master ThreadKiller


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion aka TEXAS
Posts: 22,922
Re: Divorce and remarriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
Wait ... with that mentality if you have a child out of wedlock and you repent that means you do what with the child??
Teach them not to have kids out of wedlock?
__________________
Visit the Apostolic House Church YouTube Channel!


Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-05-2020, 10:18 PM
peter83 peter83 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,386
Re: Divorce and remarriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
Wait ... with that mentality if you have a child out of wedlock and you repent that means you do what with the child??
Hi!
If one has children out of marriage or if he has children by his ex wife and ex girlfriends etc.
He may has one or many children by several women.
He has to take care of the children.
"But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel."

Those things happen! And we have directions for all those in the Bible!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-05-2020, 10:43 PM
hometown guy hometown guy is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,177
Re: Divorce and remarriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter83 View Post
Hi!
If one has children out of marriage or if he has children by his ex wife and ex girlfriends etc.
He may has one or many children by several women.
He has to take care of the children.
"But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel."

Those things happen! And we have directions for all those in the Bible!
But your saying if he is on his 2nd marriage he must divorce his current wife? They may have children together ect...
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-06-2020, 04:15 AM
peter83 peter83 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,386
Re: Divorce and remarriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
But your saying if he is on his 2nd marriage he must divorce his current wife? They may have children together ect...
Or maybe has children with more than one wifes!
For example may he has one child by fornication and now this girl is already married and divorced. Then married one and did one more child. After all he gad three or more.
He can't stay with all women but he is obligated to take care his children.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-07-2020, 04:00 PM
Nicodemus1968's Avatar
Nicodemus1968 Nicodemus1968 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Unites States
Posts: 1,250
Re: Divorce and remarriage

We can even ask what consummates a marriage?

I know a preacher that believes it’s the physical act between a male and female.

Or is it the covenant between the male and female that consummates the marriage?
__________________
"Watch and Pray That you Enter not into Temptation"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Divorce and Remarriage Sister Alvear Fellowship Hall 402 08-06-2018 08:06 PM
Divorce and Remarriage? Esaias Fellowship Hall 35 06-28-2017 02:31 PM
divorce and remarriage? newlifeprophet Deep Waters 15 06-20-2012 05:25 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Amanah
- by Amanah

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.