Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-30-2014, 01:53 PM
Registered Member

Changes within UPC (recent)

I have not attended UPC for over 4 years. Have things changed much in that time frame? What about recent resolutions? My guess is their actions are continuing to the left while the preaching still addresses issues with the conservative tone......like one of my former pastor used to say...."a lot of them preach it....but I enforce it."
Old 10-31-2014, 10:55 AM
Registered Member

Re: Changes within UPC (recent)

Latest UPCI 2014 Conference is on YouTube in it's entirety if you want to check on the content of the messages.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:19 AM
Banned

In their articles of faith of 2013, they call all non tithers.."God Robbers"...I knew there was a catch to their org., it is all about the M O N E Y (the article quotes the O.T. Law of Mal. 3)

That must be changed

Last edited by Sean; 10-31-2014 at 11:22 AM.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:04 PM
Sister Alvear

Never been UPCI and never plan to be...However I deeply respect them....nothing bad to say....

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 10-31-2014, 01:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
In their articles of faith of 2013, they call all non tithers.."God Robbers"...I knew there was a catch to their org., it is all about the M O N E Y (the article quotes the O.T. Law of Mal. 3)

That must be changed
First, it doesn't actually call them "God Robbers." What it says is "Do not rob God."

Second, to claim that just because the UPC believes in tithes makes them all about the money is wrong. Perhaps the claim would be believable if the UPC was the only organization, or one of a very few organizations which believed in tithes. But the truth is the majority of the main denominations believe in tithes.

Also, I know many in the UPC who are Pastors, Evangelists and District/HQ officials. They are definitely not all about the money.

I do agree that the position on tithes should change, however.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
First, it doesn't actually call them "God Robbers." What it says is "Do not rob God."

Second, to claim that just because the UPC believes in tithes makes them all about the money is wrong. Perhaps the claim would be believable if the UPC was the only organization, or one of a very few organizations which believed in tithes. But the truth is the majority of the main denominations believe in tithes.

Also, I know many in the UPC who are Pastors, Evangelists and District/HQ officials. They are definitely not all about the money.

I do agree that the position on tithes should change, however.

"Do not rob God", does not imply that those that dont believe in the idea are not God Robbers?

If I tell you..."do not rob God", because you dont tithe, what am I implying that you are bro???

Exactly...a robber!

Why dont they just make us non tithers wear black and white striped shirts to church?

Last edited by Sean; 10-31-2014 at 01:40 PM.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:43 PM
Banned

No matter what I did for the work of the Lord or what I gave, every week for 20 years I was called a robber from the pulpit with Mal 3(Law) as their text.
Old 10-31-2014, 02:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
"Do not rob God", does not imply that those that dont believe in the idea are not God Robbers?

If I tell you..."do not rob God", because you dont tithe, what am I implying that you are bro???

Exactly...a robber!

Why dont they just make us non tithers wear black and white striped shirts to church?

Why don't we start our own churches? I'm to ill to start one now. I waited too long.

http://www.paganchristianity.org

Go here on tithing----->

http://www.tithing-russkelly.com/

If it is God's will for your illness then why are you seeking medical attention to get rid of it?
Old 10-31-2014, 02:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Exactly...a robber!

Granted, it's semantics, but it should be accurately pointed out. By placing quotation marks around the term you're showing it as a quote, which it is not.

Quote:
We believe tithing is God’s financial plan to provide for His work, and has been since the days of Abraham. Tithing came with faith under Abraham; Moses’ law enjoined it, and Israel practiced it when she was right with God; Jesus endorsed it (Matthew 23:23); and Paul said to lay by in store as God has prospered you. Do not rob God of His portion, viz., tithes and offerings. (Read Malachi 3.)
Old 10-31-2014, 02:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Granted, it's semantics, but it should be accurately pointed out. By placing quotation marks around the term you're showing it as a quote, which it is not.

To me, if its in the by-laws, its quoted by the authors