Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 07-28-2007, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Is there a list available of all the organizations that come under the AWCF umbrella?
Maybe some of us are part of it and don't know it.
I think remembering at one time they used to list them on their website ... I don't think they do anymore. I'll see.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:07 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
I think remembering at one time they used to list them on their website ... I don't think they do anymore. I'll see.
There is a link on their website for Oneness Pentecostal Organizations but that is a list maintained by some one else.

Last time I checked their officers they still showed Bishop David Wilson as treasurer. He died in November 2005. He was 64 years old and was a friend of my wife when they were both teen agers. The presiding bishop or chairman, Bro. Smith, is a cousin to the husband of my wife's cousin. My wife's cousin's husband pastors in WV and is UPC (as far as I know, he's still UPC).

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Old 07-28-2007, 09:19 PM
His Eminance, High Potatohead Potatotate

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
This may be a little out there.. But I think that Bro. Phillips really had no successor... but found one in Suber...

Randy kinda has his own thing going on across town doesn't he?
*Bump....anything up with this?
Old 07-28-2007, 10:11 PM
crakjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
Well ... I'll tell you how I felt about the availability of the book with the title that turns so many off. Possibly that was an error in judgmentl on the author's part although I understand why he chose the title. But I digress.

Ever since I started posting on these apostolic/UPC discussion forums I've been talking about my history, about the teaching I received, about doctrine and holiness standards according to my own personal experience and background. I've taken a lot of heat and there have been many who wouldn't believe what i was telling them. They wouldn't accept what I was saying.

When I told people that there are people who believe like I do within the UPC - many in fact - they would become very angry with me and I was hard pressed to understand why. Now I understand better.

It was a relief to me when finally a book was written with lots of research and interviews with many many men across the apostolic movement that actually gave credence to what I'd been saying for several years online.

Finally there was proof! And the authenticity of the things I was saying about my understanding of how things "were", my experiences, and my history was validated.

I was never cognizant of the terms PCI and PAJC when I was making posts (before CWTC was published) .... relating thoughts, opinions, experiences, etc. They were unknown terms to me then, so I had no way of defining my own background under a "label" of PCI. I just knew that my background, my experiences and the teaching and emphases in relation to doctrine, holiness and so on was real!

And it got mighty frustrating at times when people wouldn't believe me. Understandable -- now that I realize so many had a totally different background and experience in the UPC than I did -- but still difficult and I received so much persecution from those who didn't understand. Poor poor me.

Hehe. Just kidding.
Felicity,

I am 57 years old, born and raised UPC in Texas, the largest district in the UPC. Until Fudge's book I had absolutely no idea of the details of the merger "unity" agreement, only that the two groups came together. I attended a UPC Bible college, and yet not a word. I do vaguely remember comments about some being "weak on the message" but did not know the context at all. I think it is a shame that the history of the merger is not really a part of the history of the org. I can now understand your frustration.
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 07-28-2007, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
*Bump....anything up with this?
A plausible theory ... but in listening to Suber and Phillips describe how their recent partnership came about ... it was a result of prayer and the will of God.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:06 PM

Jeff Arnold has joined Acts 29 TV ... what is the significance of him doing so?

Is this a sign that he is pro- the TV resolution?

Does anyone know if he is yet another UPCI preacher also involved in the New Church Order?

Here is his bio on their Streaming Faith channel.

Quote:
Pastor Jeff Arnold has served in the ministry for over 36 years. He has pastored in Gainesville, Florida for the past twenty-five years as well as traveling extensively in ministry around the world. Pastor Arnold is renown for his "revelation" preaching and his straightforward, powerful, anointed style of communication that is crowned with New York humor. Many of his teachings have been transcribed into book form and are now sold worldwide, most of which are being used in Bible College and Seminary textbooks. Jeff Arnold has an intense love for God and hunger for the supernatural.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:45 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
CR .... You Hit A Home run .... !!!

Pm Incoming!!!!
Got it . . . thanks!
Old 07-29-2007, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Jeff Arnold has joined Acts 29 TV ... what is the significance of him doing so?

Is this a sign that he is pro- the TV resolution?

Does anyone know if he is yet another UPCI preacher also involved in the New Church Order?

Here is his bio on their Streaming Faith channel.
Is JA NCO? If Resolution 3 passes and district boards start blacklisting the NCO leadership will UPCI ministers within the NCO acquiesce?
Old 07-29-2007, 09:50 AM
uncharismatic conservative maverick

Quote:
Is JA NCO? If Resolution 3 passes and district boards start blacklisting the NCO leadership will UPCI ministers within the NCO acquiesce?
Who cares? Dan, it just so happens that my favorite preacher isn't UPC. So what if other preachers leave the UPC and go to a different org.? Jeff Arnold or any other minister that leaves and joins another org. isn't going to make a difference with my personal walk with God.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:29 PM

Who is the Anthony Tamel guy that is preaching on Acts 29 TV?

He preaches with the classic UPC hitch in his voice. Is he UPC?