Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

View Poll Results: Do you believe in sinless perfection?
Yes we can cease from sin. 9 90.00%
No one will always be prone to sin. 1 10.00%
We all sin everyday. 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-27-2018, 04:56 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Re: Sinless Perfection

I have been reading through 1 Corinthians with this thread in mind, and certain scriptures are jumping out at me:
1 Corinthians 3:16-17 16Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
1 Corinthians 5 King James Version (KJV)
5 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.
2 And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.
3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,
4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.
Old 05-27-2018, 05:03 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Also these scriptures:

1 Timothy 1:8-10 8But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully; 9Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 10For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

1 Timothy 1:18-20 18This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare; 19Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck: 20 Of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander; whom I have delivered unto Satan, that they may learn not to blaspheme.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:36 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
You kept your sinful nature when you got saved? So you got saved IN your sin, not FROM your sin?
Wow, your Kung Fu is very good

Old 05-27-2018, 01:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Due to Chris constantly focusing on his teaching of being uncontrollable while you are still alive. He's always left open for more opportunities for sin.

What I found funny as all get out his line of "even if only on rare occasions."

Chris, is the sin everyday guy. Hey Admins anyway to be able to change his vote?

You are a phony.

Let that go on record...poser. .
I do not believe we sin every day. I've even said that a few times.

However, I did point out that such a notion is relative to how one views sin. And so I asked, What is sin? An act? A nature? A principle? And various opinions were shared about that.

What I do believe...

As long as we live as living extensions of Jesus, branches of the true Vine, from which divine love flows, we will not sin. It is as easy and natural as breathing.

Last edited by Aquila; 05-27-2018 at 01:50 PM.
Old 05-27-2018, 01:51 PM
Banned

Interesting article. Thoughts?

https://www.ministrymagazine.org/arc...ess-perfection
Old 05-27-2018, 02:42 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
I do not believe we sin every day. I've even said that a few times.

However, I did point out that such a notion is relative to how one views sin. And so I asked, What is sin? An act? A nature? A principle? And various opinions were shared about that.

What I do believe...

As long as we live as living extensions of Jesus, branches of the true Vine, from which divine love flows, we will not sin. It is as easy and natural as breathing.
What is sin? This isn't a philosophical discussion. We know what sin is because we are told what sin is, it is the transgression of the law.

Therefore sin is a transgression of God's word. We are tempted when we are drawn away and trapped by our own anti-God thoughts. Those anti-God thoughts becomes pregnant, they then give birth to sin; and when that sin fully matures, it gives birth to death James 1:14-15. All when we think contrary to God. Proverbs 23:7. The Bible also says that you are to be as pure as Jesus 1 John 3:2-3, as righteous as Jesus 1 John 3:7. You are also told that you are to let no man deceive you contrary to that thought.

So, is it easy and natural as breathing for you not to sin?

I guess you learned from your discussions with Michael, in this thread.
Old 05-27-2018, 03:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
What is sin? This isn't a philosophical discussion. We know what sin is because we are told what sin is, it is the transgression of the law.

Therefore sin is a transgression of God's word.
The term "God's Word" is not all that clear. Are we discussing the Law of God laid down at Sinai (10 Commandments)? The Law of Moses, written and added to the Law given at Sinai 39 years later at Moab (613 Commandments)? Only select laws (that are not agreed upon by scholars). The law of Christ (love God, love others)?

Specifically which laws are in view?
Old 05-27-2018, 06:00 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
The term "God's Word" is not all that clear. Are we discussing the Law of God laid down at Sinai (10 Commandments)? The Law of Moses, written and added to the Law given at Sinai 39 years later at Moab (613 Commandments)? Only select laws (that are not agreed upon by scholars). The law of Christ (love God, love others)?

Specifically which laws are in view?
Jesus said this, you study out of the law believing you have eternal life in that law it speaks of Me. So Jesus and His teachings are contained in the whole of the Torah, fully the Tanakh. Do you know where we get just 613? Do you know Chris? Because Jesus and Paul didn't.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:25 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Jesus said this, you study out of the law believing you have eternal life in that law it speaks of Me. So Jesus and His teachings are contained in the whole of the Torah, fully the Tanakh. Do you know where we get just 613? Do you know Chris? Because Jesus and Paul didn't.
The emboldened above is an important point with an important answer, because "613" gets thrown around so easily today, it's just assumed to be true, when it's not anything even remotely close to the truth.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 05-28-2018, 02:32 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
The emboldened above is an important point with an important answer, because "613" gets thrown around so easily today, it's just assumed to be true, when it's not anything even remotely close to the truth.
Even the guys who claim "613" don't agree on the listing. Nevermind that some of the 613 aren't even in the bible (but they are in the Talmud), and many things in the Bible are not in the list of 613.

But when you are dealing with kaballistic gematria, fuzzy math is the order of the day...

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf