Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-12-2008, 05:19 PM
Registered Member

Re: Dottie Rambo Killed in Bus Accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
I hope it was high wind or storm debris because the main other reason would have been driver error and if her driver had fallen asleep and caused this accident I know he would have been devastated. When I heard the time of the accident the driver falling asleep was the first thing I thought of beforer I heard of the storms.

I know that even though Nashville escaped the bad stomrs the last few days we still had isolated high gusts of winds that caused one semi truck to turn over on an interestate and then several cars hit it. On TV the damage to one of those cars looked really bad but the new report said there were no life threatening injuries.

According to an update on the Singing News forum that someone put a link on in an earlier post on this thread apparently there are several people that were on the bus still in critical condition. We need to remember to pray for them in addition to Reba and and the rest of Dottie's family.
I'm not sure why I read it...Dony & Reba's church site I think, but there is an update on the condition of the other passengers.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
Just caught part of a tribute by TBN of the night they gave a special tribute to Dottie, the night they awarded her with the Century Writers Award.

Reba and her husband and children sang some of her songs.

Reba said her Mom would get inspired to write at the most unusual times and wrote songs on anything that was available. She shared how some of the different songs came about.

It was interesting to see.

Dottie told the audience everyday she talks to Jesus and He is her comfort. She also said when I'm gone I hope they will say I left with a song. (paraphased)
Isn't it kind of neat that she was on her way to a concert! I know there is no real consolation for losing a loved one, but if I were a family member, I think I would find comfort in knowing that she went out on her way to do what she loved.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Administrator

Re: Dottie Rambo Killed in Bus Accident due to Sto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. LPW View Post
Halo,

Please allow me to explain.

It was Sunday afternoon when a friend of mine sent me an email with a link to a website giving initial reports of the accident. At that time the news was not being carried by major media and it was even reported that her driver had been killed as well.
Then major media began to report it was possibly weather related.

My original post was titled "Dottie Rambo death real or rumor" and asked if anyone had heard or could confirm. When it was confirmed she had died I asked "admin" to change the title...
They were the ones that changed the "real or rumor" to "weather related".

I am not in the habit of starting rumors... when I posted it was all very new "news" and no one was certain of the details.

FYI

I didn't see your request to Admin to change the title. I changed it when we knew it was fact and not rumor.

As to the cause being rumor, the police report said they did not know if it was weather related or not. Personally, I don't see the big issue here, but hey it's a forum and we swallowed the camel alot.
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyde View Post
Isn't it kind of neat that she was on her way to a concert! I know there is no real consolation for losing a loved one, but if I were a family member, I think I would find comfort in knowing that she went out on her way to do what she loved.
Yes, she loved serving the Lord. It was clear on her tribute how she continue to give Him praise. And if you pay attention to the words of her songs she wanted to lift Him up.
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:33 PM
The Eyes of the Lord

I saw on TBN she had passed but it wasnt mentioned how..and on Mother's Day, too.

They r in my prayers....
Old 05-12-2008, 05:33 PM
Registered Member

For anyone intersted, at GNC Bro. Rutledge wrote a beautiful post about his friend, Dottie Rambo...
Old 05-12-2008, 05:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
For anyone intersted, at GNC Bro. Rutledge wrote a beautiful post about his friend, Dottie Rambo...
I saw that it was indeed beautiful!
Old 05-12-2008, 05:43 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxfam6 View Post
I remember Dottie from WAY BACK WHEN. I was so very young and they all lived in Ohio and went to the ALJC church there.... They went to Bro Charles Smith's church back then.
I have a copy of a book titled "The Legacy of Buck and Dottie Rambo" with a copyright date of 1992. On the cover it says it is "by Buck Rambo as told to Bob Terrell."
In it Buck mentions a time when they lived in a town named Hebron, Ohio near Columbus. He says this was around 1957.

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Old 05-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Registered Member

Bumping for Sam...

Quote:
I have that LP, Sam...!!

It is indeed the AMC, Inc.

Part of the liner notes read:

The Apostolic Crusaders Choir consists of youh from many Apostolic churches of like precious faith. Jackie Henderson of Flint Mi is director (she was the daughter of our pastor back in the day).

The Carthage Apostolic Church Choir is direceted by Jackie Sizemore of Cincinnati, OH.

Eileen Cagle, Fred and Jeanine Jezierski, and Dottie and Bucky Rambo furnish the instrument accompaniment."

Hmmm...just looked at the songs on here, and Dottie sings, I'm So Glad I've Got A Better Place To Go.

The Gospel Echos Trio sing two songs...man, I've haven't listened to this in ages...
Old 05-12-2008, 06:12 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
I have that LP, Sam...!!

It is indeed the AMC, Inc.

Part of the liner notes read:

The Apostolic Crusaders Choir consists of youh from many Apostolic churches of like precious faith. Jackie Henderson of Flint Mi is director (she was the daughter of our pastor back in the day).

The Carthage Apostolic Church Choir is direceted by Jackie Sizemore of Cincinnati, OH.

Eileen Cagle, Fred and Jeanine Jezierski, and Dottie and Bucky Rambo furnish the instrument accompaniment."

Hmmm...just looked at the songs on here, and Dottie sings, I'm So Glad I've Got A Better Place To Go.

The Gospel Echos Trio sing two songs...man, I've haven't listened to this in ages...
A friend of ours had a copy of the album. He played on one of the songs. His name is Jack Sizemore and his brother, Joe David Sizemore, was pastor of the Carthage Apostolic Church when that album was made. The Sizemores knew Dottie when they were kids in KY.

A friend from the computer group I am in made a CD from the album. It was recorded from the record onto a CD so the quality is not perfect. It has 13 songs on it. The first 7 are by the Gospel Echoes and are: Get on Board; Nothing; Lazarus; I'm Longing to Go; Teach Me, Lord, to Wait; Our Debts Will Be Paid; and Love is Why. Then there are 6 songs by the Christian Chapel Trio (the Jezierskis). Their songs are: Because of Him; It's Different Now; His to Command; When I Move; Until Then; and Room at the Cross. I was not going to that church at the time the record was made. We started there in 1963 or 1964. The Jezierskis used to come down from Michigan (Flint, I think) and sing at anniversary services when we were going there.

If anyone wants a copy of the CD, you can PM me with your mailing address and I can burn a copy and send it to you. Like I said, the sound is not perfect. The first copy was made from an album that Jack had and it had a lot of snap, crackle, and pop noise. He found another copy of the album and borrowed it and I had a cd made from it and it is better.

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship