Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-11-2007, 02:57 PM
stmatthew's Avatar
stmatthew stmatthew is offline
Smiles everyone...Smiles!!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sparta, TN
Posts: 2,398
Just Who is a UPCI Member??

We had this discussion a while back and I just read this in my trusty UPCI manual, and thought the bolded part was interesting.


Quote:
General Constitution

Article II

Membership in the United Pentecostal Church International shall consist of all ministers and missionaries holding an accredited credential or license, and all members of local assemblies which are affiliated with us, and shall be called "Organization".
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-11-2007, 03:01 PM
SDG SDG is offline
Guest


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: H-Town, Texas
Posts: 18,009
Ah .. the perennial question ... you are a member as long as you pay your dues.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-11-2007, 03:03 PM
stmatthew's Avatar
stmatthew stmatthew is offline
Smiles everyone...Smiles!!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sparta, TN
Posts: 2,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
Ah .. the perennial question ... you are a member as long as you pay your dues.
The point of the discussion was that membership was only for ministers. I asked why the Manual addresses the local assembly if they are not members of the org itself. I think I have found the answer. You are a non-voting member of the UPCI if your church is affiliated with the org.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Old Paths's Avatar
Old Paths Old Paths is offline
Psalms 132:1


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,307
I THINK I read somewhere that ONLY the ministry is a member
__________________



DOCTOR Old Paths for all your spiritual needs.


All trinitarians are lost, until they Obey Acts 2:38.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-11-2007, 03:14 PM
philjones
Guest


 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Path View Post
I THINK I read somewhere that ONLY the ministry is a member
It appears that there must have been a contradiction or a mistake or both!

Actually, what Matt has quoted is what I had always thought. Non-voting member... So what good is membership?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-11-2007, 03:23 PM
BoredOutOfMyMind's Avatar
BoredOutOfMyMind BoredOutOfMyMind is offline
Guest


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In a cold dark cave.....
Posts: 4,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmatthew View Post
The point of the discussion was that membership was only for ministers. I asked why the Manual addresses the local assembly if they are not members of the org itself. I think I have found the answer. You are a non-voting member of the UPCI if your church is affiliated with the org.
So are you saying the protection of the International Bylaws then does not apply to non-affilated church members?!?

__________________
I am not a member here -Do not PM me please?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-11-2007, 03:25 PM
SDG SDG is offline
Guest


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: H-Town, Texas
Posts: 18,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredOutOfMyMind View Post
So are you saying the protection of the International Bylaws then does not apply to non-affilated church members?!?

THEY NEED A CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION BOOM!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-11-2007, 03:26 PM
stmatthew's Avatar
stmatthew stmatthew is offline
Smiles everyone...Smiles!!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sparta, TN
Posts: 2,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredOutOfMyMind View Post
So are you saying the protection of the International Bylaws then does not apply to non-affilated church members?!?

I guess not, because they are not mentioned as being members of the org. Only affiliated church members are part of the "organization" according to the above.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Revelationist's Avatar
Revelationist Revelationist is offline
Jerry Moon


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Borger Texas
Posts: 1,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by philjones View Post
It appears that there must have been a contradiction or a mistake or both!

Actually, what Matt has quoted is what I had always thought. Non-voting member... So what good is membership?

It makes them feel good... : )
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-11-2007, 03:45 PM
Revelationist's Avatar
Revelationist Revelationist is offline
Jerry Moon


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Borger Texas
Posts: 1,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmatthew View Post
I guess not, because they are not mentioned as being members of the org. Only affiliated church members are part of the "organization" according to the above.
Affiliation is when you turn your buiding over the organization, so I guess affiliated church members have paid their due if they are willing to give their building to the organization...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Has The UPCI Served It's Purpose. Garfield Fellowship Hall 304 01-01-2011 09:24 PM
WIFE SWAP - February 12, 2007 - UPCI Couple SoCaliUPC Fellowship Hall 260 12-01-2009 11:46 PM
From one Member to another... Theresa The Shopping Mall 5 08-24-2007 09:43 AM
Ideas of How to make UPCI GC Financially Solvent! StillStanding Fellowship Hall 62 03-03-2007 12:01 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Amanah
- by Esaias
- by Esaias

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.