Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:25 PM
Administrator

Re: New Branhamite Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneAccord View Post
I recieved their "Catch the Vision" newsletter this week. In it Joseph Branham ( son of William) says:

"I then began to get ready to come to work. I placed my MP3 player on my side to hear the prophet and the Message that I love so dear. While listening to that Voice and making my breakfast, my heart stirred within me as I heard the prophet speaking the Words of Life.

...I began to reflect on what an honor and privilege it was to start my day speaking to the Lord; hearing His prophet's voice and the Message that is perfecting and calling out a Bride..."
Cue the "Twilight Zone" music please!!!
Old 05-26-2008, 07:07 AM
Sister Alvear

I have seen too much destruction both in the states and in Brazil from this group...Some of the people are so sweet but they are terribly deceived...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 05-26-2008, 07:29 AM
Anapko is Gone...

And there are reports to abuse of women in their circles. Branham did not hold women in the highest regard. I knew a preacher that was a close friend of his...he stated that Branham regarded women as "garbage cans" for man's waste. He personally taught that women should be respected and treated good, but where I live, I have seen women in the Branham camp treated lower than children by their husbands. A case of the disciples over-interpreting their master's teaching.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:05 AM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by anapko View Post
And there are reports to abuse of women in their circles. Branham did not hold women in the highest regard. I knew a preacher that was a close friend of his...he stated that Branham regarded women as "garbage cans" for man's waste. He personally taught that women should be respected and treated good, but where I live, I have seen women in the Branham camp treated lower than children by their husbands. A case of the disciples over-interpreting their master's teaching.
That's funny, I remember hearing the same "garbage can" statement years ago. There was a small Branhamite thing going around here back in the 60's. Some folks in the "mainstream" Apostolic churches in this area were either a part of that or had family that was. I never heard anything where women were treated particularly cruel - I just remember the "garbage can" remark being repeated and the sad shakes of the heard from those who heard the story.

It seems odd that if God had a single "prophet" for this "age" that "God" would kill that prophet in an automobile accident out in the Texas desert. And then, "God" didn't even kill him outright but allowed him to linger painfully in a morphine induced state for a couple of days before he finally died. It all sounds like a sad and tragic death, one that was all too common in the era before seat belts and crumple zones.

Of course, one his his "great prophecies" of the future involved automobiles. He said that they would be shaped "like an egg until the consummation."

Did he mean the "consummation of the age" or the "consummation of the egg?"
Old 05-26-2008, 08:27 AM
Registered Member

The exact quote was "a walking sexual garbage can."
Old 05-26-2008, 08:29 AM
Matthew 7:6

If you think Branham was a false prophet, you aint seen nothing yet.

This guy, Jose Luis de Jesus Miranda, makes Branham look like The Apostle Paul by comparison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22htE...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54E5qjVGDZU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZSsQ7b3CrY

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:08 AM
Sister Alvear

The scary thing about Branham he is often classified as one of us...

I had don´t know if I still do his book in Portuguese where it says women would created to be low vile and dirty...
That makes me cringe for I was not created to be any of those 3 terms...

Old 05-26-2008, 09:12 AM
Dr. Vaughn

From a supposed "Branhamite"

Greetings precious brothers & sisters in Christ. The church you are speaking of is one of the finest groups of believers in the world. Rev. Joseph Hamid, who's father was killed in missionary service, is one of the finest and most moral of men I have ever met.

I am 4th generation Apostlic, my grandmother being Sis. Lois Gatlin Terrell. However, I too heard Bro. Branhams message some years ago and I will say that everything I have read on this thread proves how utterly ill informed the Apostolics are about Bro. Branhams ministry.

I have noticed sincere posters here that are genuinely asking questions about what we believe and why. First, I will never be follow anyone to the gutter of argument.. However, I shall be more than happy to respectfully debate our beliefs. No Christian should ever be afraid of friendly dialog. Even Paul and Peter had doctrinal differences and yet loved one another.

Lesson # 1 - We despise the term "Branhamites" it is so disrespectful to us, as we DO NOT FOLLOW BRO. BRAHNAM, we follow the WORD & the REVELATION that Bro. Branham brought to us, we follow CHRIST, the WORD.

This would be like people calling the Apostolics "Beanites" because they endeared Bro. Verbal Bean as a Prophet.. to this day my grandmother says "Bro. Bean told us such and such" yet she's not a "beanite" she simple reveres the message be brought to the Apostolic church.

Again, I make myself available to answer any "resepctful" question or dialog you seek to engage in.

Blessings
Bro. Vaughn,
Old 05-26-2008, 09:26 AM
Dr. Vaughn

To. Sister Alvear

I have read all 100 of Bro. Branhams sermons, three times almost now.. and I would offer a friendly challenge that you provide a direct quote where our dear Bro. Branham made such a quote...

Here is a DIRECT QUOTE to set the record clear;

Preached in 1960, Jeffersonville, IN

You know, a woman is a type of church, if God could've given a man a better thing than a wife, He'd have give him that. But not all women are wives, not all women are--or not all females are mothers. Not all that have children are mothers. I've seen some I had better respects for a dog, take their kids and set them out on the street, and lay out on... People coming out in these little old clothes and things on, and immorally dressed...

Preached in 1960, Jeffersonville, In

There's nothing that God could've give a man any sweeter than a wife

Preached in 1964, Shreveport, La

I said, "By the way, what does a Christian girl want to show her underneath skirt for? I can't understand that."
36 You are born again, of God, you got the beauty of the Holy Ghost to show that what you are, you are. You've got virtue that these scandal skirts don't have. That's right. A real woman of God, that stands out with virtue, you might be laughed at, and called old fashion; but you got something that they can't touch, and done lost it and never can have it again. That's right. You got virtue. That's what God looks for, is virtue. See?

Preached in 1954

Sometimes I get away from home. I love my wife and I want to do something for her. And I--I'll buy her a box of candy, or--or something another (You know?), I just know that she wants me to do it. You know? I love to do it. And now, brethren, this may seem a little funny. I like to help her wash the dishes, 'cause I know it's just hard on her to do it all the time. And I just get out there and wash the dishes for her. She don't say very much, but I know she appreciates it. See?

(this is from a man who hated women by the way)

I believe people are very close minded and refuse or simply do not want to know the whole matter.... but I believe with some "balanced" input those of us who follow Bro. Branhams message will not seem soooo strange to you.. we consider you guys to be our brothers.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:46 AM
Sister Alvear

Maybe you have not followed the tragedy that many of us know...the broken homes, life´s that were runined forever because of the rib message.
I was in Branham´s services when I was a young girl, heard him preach and teach.
What he taught is not in the Bible anywhere...
If we needed a prophet then we would need a live one not a dead one.
I have many friends that followed off into his teachings..such a shame of the many that lost their way.