Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-17-2018, 04:12 PM
Registered Member

Re: Should we teach others to rebel against standa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Bro, look at your post.

Does that look right?
No. I am technologically challenged. I realize it doesn't look right, I just don't know what to do about it.

I'll study your next post, and try again, maybe tomorrow. This makes my head hurt.

I may be beyond hope.
Old 04-17-2018, 04:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Bro, look at your post
It is awful isn't it?

Quote:
Does that look right?
It looks like a hundred miles of bad road. I'm so ashamed!

I'm trying again.

How's this?

Old 04-17-2018, 04:50 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
It is awful isn't it?

It looks like a hundred miles of bad road. I'm so ashamed!

I'm trying again.

How's this?

Excellent!

No one is beyond hope.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:25 PM
Yeshua is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
In your opinion...
in Gods's opinion

Deuteronomy 4:2
Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the LORD your God that I give you.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:39 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Without holiness and separation from the world, we become just as ineffective as the world.

Bible Truth Church was holiness or hell, red hot all night prayers, fastings, intercessions, soul winning.

We didn't seek worldly entertainment but we sought Jesus, and to be transformed and a light to the world.

People didn't believe in going to doctors, we sought Jesus for healing first, Jesus for all our needs. And I've seen Jesus do miracles, tumors drop off, the dead raised to life, countless healings.

Did we make some mistakes, sure we did. Were we perfect in everything we taught, maybe not.

Are there ways we can improve, very likely.

Instead of damning the apostolic movement to hell, let's love and pray and work together to build each other up.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:55 AM
Covenant Apostolic

If your purpose is to tear down and destroy, then you are a hireling.

Quote:
John 10 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
6 This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.
7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:24 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingZword View Post
in Gods's opinion
You believe in a plurality of deities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingZword View Post
Deuteronomy 4:2
Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the LORD your God that I give you.
Subtract?

Like modifying Matthew 28:19?
Old 04-18-2018, 06:53 AM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Amanah,

I'm not saying that you're lying, but I don't believe that you saw the dead raised to life.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:13 AM
Loren Adkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
A pastor has the sacred responsibility of staying within the Word of God. Any time a pastor steps outside of the boundaries of Scripture and preaches a private interpretation, it is the sacred duty of the Body of Christ to refuse such a teaching.

Pastors are not popes. Pastors are not kings. Pastors "serve" the body.

We need a Bible Revival.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
I went to a church this past weekend. No doubt somewhere below the surface there is a beard standard. However, no one made mention of it or acted as though it was an issue. Therefore, I saw no reason to be concerned.

However, I have a heavy heart. Because I feel that once they feel they have me loving them, trusting them, and fellowshipping with them, they will begin to infect me with this Pharisaical leaven, that is nothing more than a tradition of man. And so, I find myself confronted with the reality that I cannot make this specific church my forever home. And I carry the weight of knowing that once my family is in love with the church... and the leaven begins to spread... I'll have to take a stand and remind my children that what the pastor is teaching is not Scripture, but rather an arbitrary judgment based on a reactionary position regarding the surrounding culture of the 1960's and 1970's. And then my family will either lose their utmost respect for Scripture and fall into the cult of personality, or they will begin to hold little regard for the pulpit.

My heart breaks within me, knowing what will no doubt manifest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
Not agreeing, and flat-out rebellion are two different things.

I disagree on PLENTY of things, but that is not rebellion. If I purposely go against the 'house rules', be they scriptural or pastor's personal conviction, that is rebellion.

If the disagreement comes to the place of no return, I should choose finding another assembly with which to align rather than rebel.
The point is not going against house rules, and I don't think the title for this thread explains it just the right way. But if a man that is pastoring refuses to teach scripture but adds to scripture, is he truly called of God? I don't think so. So are we really in rebellion?

Even Jesus taught us to beware of adding to scripture, it seems we are admonished not to take away from the meaning of scripture but we forget that to add to the meaning is just as bad.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:38 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
Amanah,

I'm not saying that you're lying, but I don't believe that you saw the dead raised to life.
Saw a man clutch his heart and fall to the floor during a church service, a nurse in our church could not find vitals, the church prayed and he revived.

So from what I saw it seems reasonable to conclude that he was raised to life.