Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 10-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Da Evangelist

Sincerely wrong is still wrong.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
I made the statement to my wife yesterday, "Is Christianity going crazy"? I have heard so much lately about preachers and christians in general "coming out of the closet", or being found committing adultery, that it just seems that an epidemic of sin has spread through the ranks of christendom.
That thing that we are facing locally, it is just blowing my mind. We have a whole group of young men who have just walked away from their families. Most of them were having affairs, but that wasn't even the real issue. They just didn't want to be married anymore, wanted to have fun! I have never seen anything like it! They have no shame, no guilt, feel completely justified. Their wives weren't "fun", they were "nags". These guys just want to ride motorcycles, get tattoos, go to Vegas and party. I just don't get it. It is like their conscience has been completely wiped out. We have 4 or 5 young men who have done this in the last 2 or 3 years. It has been really devastating for our church, these poor young mothers have been through hell.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:52 AM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarolb View Post
I believe I am all by myself on here. I am homebound with my recovering daughter Leah and it would appear I have taken over. NOt SO..You go right on ahead Thad and do your good job. Later folks, have a blessed day

I can't Thank You enough for saying this!!!! I was chastised and rebuked about this thread(by PM) by a few folks Yestderday- I sure hope they read this statement made by YOU.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:59 AM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyde View Post
That thing that we are facing locally, it is just blowing my mind. We have a whole group of young men who have just walked away from their families. Most of them were having affairs, but that wasn't even the real issue. They just didn't want to be married anymore, wanted to have fun! I have never seen anything like it! They have no shame, no guilt, feel completely justified. Their wives weren't "fun", they were "nags". These guys just want to ride motorcycles, get tattoos, go to Vegas and party. I just don't get it. It is like their conscience has been completely wiped out. We have 4 or 5 young men who have done this in the last 2 or 3 years. It has been really devastating for our church, these poor young mothers have been through hell.

Dizzy, a pastor's wife shared some things with me yesterday. she thought things were only spiritually bad in her isolated area(east coast). I told her NO, EVERYONE is feeling it!I told her the Lord is purging the church. everything that can be will be shaken- many will be deceived.

We are definitley in a spiritual war- not to be negative but i think it's going to get much worse before it gets better. we are not unifying, praying, or humbling ourselves as a church sp it's no wonder.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:01 AM
bcarolb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Miller View Post
Sincerely wrong is still wrong.
exactly my point!! I keep saying that. Did you think I was saying sincerity is enough?
Old 10-24-2007, 11:08 AM
bcarolb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
I can't Thank You enough for saying this!!!! I was chastised and rebuked about this thread(by PM) by a few folks Yestderday- I sure hope they read this statement made by YOU.
Well, I just think it never hurts to get people thinking. I got on here originally to fill in some gaps and let folks know the truth. Christian is not trying to hide anything. He did that for long enough. He is not concerned in the least who says what about him and his new life. He agonized with the decision for years because he cared until he no longer did care and told the truth about who he really is. So...if it's talking about him that is the problem, don't worry. I am sure he has been here and looked it all over and will write me about it. Prolly later today. If he or Tarah cared, I would have never joined up or said anything. K? But it may be time to move on. There's not a lot more to say except occasional updates perhaps. As you have seen this morning, I can talk about whatever is the topic of the day. I feel sure there are more interesting subjects than our crazy life.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:09 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Dizzy, a pastor's wife shared some things with me yesterday. she thought things were only spiritually bad in her isolated area(east coast). I told her NO, EVERYONE is feeling it!I told her the Lord is purging the church. everything that can be will be shaken- many will be deceived.

We are definitley in a spiritual war- not to be negative but i think it's going to get much worse before it gets better. we are not unifying, praying, or humbling ourselves as a church sp it's no wonder.
Yes, I agree, it is definitely a spiritual war, but I believe more than anything it is man's spirit that is the problem. We are living in a selfish age. I will tell you, our church has just been pushing through this for the last few years, but in the last few months we have really gotten aggressive in our prayer, and we have been really focusing on reaching outside our church walls into the community for the last few years, and we are starting to see things turn around. Revival is really happening in our church and you can feel the heaviness starting to lift.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:14 AM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarolb View Post
Well, I just think it never hurts to get people thinking. I got on here originally to fill in some gaps and let folks know the truth. Christian is not trying to hide anything. He did that for long enough. He is not concerned in the least who says what about him and his new life. He agonized with the decision for years because he cared until he no longer did care and told the truth about who he really is. So...if it's talking about him that is the problem, don't worry. I am sure he has been here and looked it all over and will write me about it. Prolly later today. If he or Tarah cared, I would have never joined up or said anything. K? But it may be time to move on. There's not a lot more to say except occasional updates perhaps. As you have seen this morning, I can talk about whatever is the topic of the day. I feel sure there are more interesting subjects than our crazy life.
No it wasn't about him. I was condemned and given a long lecture for(in their minds)hurting you and the family, bringing this out on the web, spreading mis truths, etc. but i think you already set the record straight.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:16 AM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyde View Post
Yes, I agree, it is definitely a spiritual war, but I believe more than anything it is man's spirit that is the problem. We are living in a selfish age. I will tell you, our church has just been pushing through this for the last few years, but in the last few months we have really gotten aggressive in our prayer, and we have been really focusing on reaching outside our church walls into the community for the last few years, and we are starting to see things turn around. Revival is really happening in our church and you can feel the heaviness starting to lift.
that's great news! benn a long time coimg!
Old 10-24-2007, 11:17 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
that's great news! benn a long time coimg!
AMEN!!!!