Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 02-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Registered Member

Can someone answer this about dues to WWPF

I intend to stay UPC, but I was interested in finding out more before making a decision so I emailed them.
One of the questions I asked was - The dues seem to be substantially more then the UPCI, what does a minister get other than fellowship?

This is the answer I received.
4. The dues tend to be far less when one considers the district dues that one pays as well as National dues.

This disturbed me, so I wrote back.
I find this statement disturbing. I have heard from many sources that this was to be a fellowship and we would be a member of both UPCI and WPF. Yet, this statement seems to say that we will not be a member of the UPCI. Which is it?

The answer I received was
If someone wishes to be a member of UPC & WPF and pay dues to both movements that is entirely fine with WPF. Being a member of WPF and the UPC has never been an issue with us, and trust that our stand will be reciprocated.

Sounds like they are not sure what they are doing.
But since they talk about not paying District dues, I feel like they expect to us not to stay in the UPCI. And feel like they are sowing discord.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:38 PM
Registered Member

Re: Can someone answer this about dues to WWPF

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoPastor View Post
I intend to stay UPC, but I was interested in finding out more before making a decision so I emailed them.
One of the questions I asked was - The dues seem to be substantially more then the UPCI, what does a minister get other than fellowship?

This is the answer I received.
4. The dues tend to be far less when one considers the district dues that one pays as well as National dues.

This disturbed me, so I wrote back.
I find this statement disturbing. I have heard from many sources that this was to be a fellowship and we would be a member of both UPCI and WPF. Yet, this statement seems to say that we will not be a member of the UPCI. Which is it?

The answer I received was
If someone wishes to be a member of UPC & WPF and pay dues to both movements that is entirely fine with WPF. Being a member of WPF and the UPC has never been an issue with us, and trust that our stand will be reciprocated.

Sounds like they are not sure what they are doing.
But since they talk about not paying District dues, I feel like they expect to us not to stay in the UPCI. And feel like they are sowing discord.
Most will not want to part of both, I'm sure that was the thought behind their answer.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:43 PM
Did anyone find my keys

$600 is pretty steep. I hope it comes with a decoder ring and book of secret phrases
Old 02-02-2008, 01:49 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
$600 is pretty steep. I hope it comes with a decoder ring and book of secret phrases
You are showing your age by saying that
Old 02-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Renewed

At least some Dennys or Shoneys coupons..
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 02-02-2008, 02:05 PM

Quote:
and magazine subscriptions even if you don't read them.....
Old 02-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Accepts all friends requests

I agree with WyoPastor's take on this. There does seem to be a presumption on the part of the WwPF that they are taking ministers out of the UPC.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I keeps seeing people say $600. 12 months at $60 equals $720. Am I missing something?

Old 02-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorD View Post
I keeps seeing people say $600. 12 months at $60 equals $720. Am I missing something?

Maybe there's a prorated fee schedule? Pay for a year and get 2 months "free." Atleast that's what I started thinking when the maths errors started to bug me.