Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-16-2008, 08:11 AM
Registered Member

Beginning again...

These few words of a song just dropped in my inner beings...Everyday a new beginning...

New beginnings take on such different meanings and often carry great proportions, depending on the who, what, where, and how of it all.

Perhaps it is a new job opportunity or moving to a new city.

Maybe it is a new church or a change in an organizational affiliation.

For some it may be a change in marital status...recently married, divorced, or widowed.

Some of these things can bring joy while others bring tremendous sadness or regret.

But the fact is, regardless of the issues facing us or our personal situations, everyday that we rise from our bed of slumber is a day of new beginnings. It is a day which we have never seen before and will only glimpse again through the eyes of memory.

It is a new day of opportunity for giving and loving and extending mercy and opening the doors of heart to those in our realm of influence.

As well, it is a new day of restoration and healing and forgiving and receiving forgiveness and allowing ourselves to be blessed.

If we have fallen, we can get up and run again because this is a new beginning. The sin is not in botching it...the sin is in not repenting, and refusing to get up and try again.

Today is ripe wipe with opportunities for success or failure. The choice of receiving and giving that which is better rests with me and with you.

Kurt Carr wrote...

I've got so much to thank God for
So many wonderful blessings
and so many open doors

A brand new mercy
along with each new day

That's why I praise You
and for this I give You praise

For waking me up this morning
For starting me on my way
For letting me see the sunshine
Of a brand new day

A brand new mercy
along with each new day
That's why I praise You and for this
I give You praise

This is a day of new beginnings...may it be a glorious one for you and for me!!
Old 02-16-2008, 08:13 AM
Step By Step - Day By Day

Re: Beginning again...

Excellent!

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Old 02-16-2008, 11:28 AM
Sister Alvear

I was blessed by your words. Thanks...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 02-16-2008, 11:29 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Thanks Sis. Barb
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 02-16-2008, 11:49 AM
Registered Member

We do not need to fear the new thing because God knows what He is doing. Nothing happens that He is unaware of. But many cannot escape the dread and fear that comes with the unknown.

The following words were written some time ago, but seem to fit my mood and prayer today, so I moved them here from another place...

It is no secret that God has a plan for every life and every life situation. The crux comes in that we don't always know right off what the plan is.

"Should I go or stay...marry or remain single...buy or sell...hang on or let go...?!"

Questions!!

If we could see the end of it all from the beginning, how much easier life would be. No longer living in the land of wonder, we would know...really know which way to go.

But alas, we don't always have the answers at hand. Sometimes we have to step out on a road we can't see, trusting it is there.

And then once we begin to walk by faith, the curves and bends are not always visible until we are on top of them...the cliffs seem perilous and quite real.

It's that unknown factor that is the hardest to endure...groping along and wondering if the way will ever again become clear.

The wait is not always easy as we wonder if we have missed God...and well-meaning family and friends don't help when they ask, "What are y'all gonna do?!"

The answer seems simple that if we knew, we would be doing it!!

But we have an assurance that the One who DID see the end from the beginning saw this day and hour. He knew the hard decisions were going to have to be made...He knew the questions and concern would be there.

And so I think it was with this in mind that the great and wonderful Psalmist wrote that God is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our pathway.

We are able to see the steps we take through His Word, and our faith in Him helps us to not stumble over the small stuff. But even in those times when the clouds hang low and our steps are not clearly visible, we have the assurance that the lamp of the Word is guiding us.

Where there is light within there is no fear. We may not know which way the path will take us...what is around the bend may not be seen, but there is no fear because the Light is there.

What great comfort there is in knowing that Christ is in us and with us, directing our steps and guiding our way.

What a great a wonderful God...
Old 02-16-2008, 11:50 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
Excellent!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
I was blessed by your words. Thanks...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cneasttx View Post
Thanks Sis. Barb
God bless you all...
Old 02-16-2008, 07:12 PM
Registered Member

Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth;
shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness,
and rivers in the desert
(Isaiah 43:19).
Old 02-16-2008, 07:23 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth;
shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness,
and rivers in the desert
(Isaiah 43:19).
Oh I like that scripture.
His mercy's are new every morning.
My soul cries out for water, in dry and barren lands, where no water is.
A new thing.
Thanks for this scripture sister Barb.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 02-16-2008, 07:25 PM
Step By Step - Day By Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
We do not need to fear the new thing because God knows what He is doing. Nothing happens that He is unaware of. But many cannot escape the dread and fear that comes with the unknown.

The following words were written some time ago, but seem to fit my mood and prayer today, so I moved them here from another place...

It is no secret that God has a plan for every life and every life situation. The crux comes in that we don't always know right off what the plan is.

"Should I go or stay...marry or remain single...buy or sell...hang on or let go...?!"

Questions!!

If we could see the end of it all from the beginning, how much easier life would be. No longer living in the land of wonder, we would know...really know which way to go.

But alas, we don't always have the answers at hand. Sometimes we have to step out on a road we can't see, trusting it is there.

And then once we begin to walk by faith, the curves and bends are not always visible until we are on top of them...the cliffs seem perilous and quite real.

It's that unknown factor that is the hardest to endure...groping along and wondering if the way will ever again become clear.

The wait is not always easy as we wonder if we have missed God...and well-meaning family and friends don't help when they ask, "What are y'all gonna do?!"

The answer seems simple that if we knew, we would be doing it!!

But we have an assurance that the One who DID see the end from the beginning saw this day and hour. He knew the hard decisions were going to have to be made...He knew the questions and concern would be there.

And so I think it was with this in mind that the great and wonderful Psalmist wrote that God is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our pathway.

We are able to see the steps we take through His Word, and our faith in Him helps us to not stumble over the small stuff. But even in those times when the clouds hang low and our steps are not clearly visible, we have the assurance that the lamp of the Word is guiding us.

Where there is light within there is no fear. We may not know which way the path will take us...what is around the bend may not be seen, but there is no fear because the Light is there.

What great comfort there is in knowing that Christ is in us and with us, directing our steps and guiding our way.

What a great a wonderful God...
I just read this again and I'm thinking WOW!

I was at a UPC fellowship meeting this afternoon and the speaker stopped in the middle of his message and addressed me personally. The spirit of prophecy was on him and he spoke into my life in a very encouraging amazing way.

He then asked me to step out into the aisle of that church and had a few of the pastors' wives come and pray with me while he prayed as well.

Once again, toward the end of his message, he stopped up and spoke to me again.

Most everything he said is embedded in the above post of yours. Amazing!

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Old 02-16-2008, 08:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
I just read this again and I'm thinking WOW!

I was at a UPC fellowship meeting this afternoon and the speaker stopped in the middle of his message and addressed me personally. The spirit of prophecy was on him and he spoke into my life in a very encouraging amazing way.

He then asked me to step out into the aisle of that church and had a few of the pastors' wives come and pray with me while he prayed as well.

Once again, toward the end of his message, he stopped up and spoke to me again.

Most everything he said is embedded in the above post of yours. Amazing!
God truly is amazing in His love and the lengths He will go to speak encouragement to our souls.

Thank God for His love which passes all understanding...