Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Playground > The Shopping Mall
Facebook

Notices

The Shopping Mall Find a great deal online? Share it here... Also the place to find links for consumer help sites, etc ...

Old 05-06-2010, 04:46 PM
GET IT RIGHT!

Re: Holiness Swim Wear

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERUP View Post
Lady Rev. you need to go jump in the ocean and cool off!LOL..... I wasn't bashing anyone!

Go back and read the post that I wrote later................you will have a better understanding of what I was trying to say.

oh! who's legs you calling ugly? Mine are not! For the record, I don't have a husband!!

I am the husband!! Look who's bashing now!! You don't know anything about me, and you talking trash.

Go get on a log ride!!
I, for one, never said that I wasn't bashing. Because I am doing exactly that!

For any liberal that the shoe fits, PUT IT ON!

If you fit the description of a LIB that whines and cries about how they are treated by CONS or even moderates for that matter, and then you turn around and do and say the exact same things, you are no better, no different and you need a box of tissues for your issues!

I do and will ride a log ride any ole time I want to, wearing anything I so choose just like the rest of you. In fact, I've even been parasailing in Sandusky Ohio and it was wonderful!

Where do some of you get off telling people what they can wear and where they can go based on apparel?

I have friends on here that are very liberal. I don't judge and criticize them and they don't judge and criticize me. They don't run around making a mockery of my beliefs and practices and I don't make a mockery of their beliefs and practices.

But this nonsense on this forum is going way overboard. Its one thing to discuss matters and another to make a mockery.

Yes, I have retaliated and should not be doing so. I don't want to come here and read mockery...and its not just apparel thats been/being mocked.

To my liberal friends, please excuse me. I'm just disgusted with a few and those few are not you.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:06 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRev View Post

If you fit the description of a LIB that whines and cries about how they are treated by CONS or even moderates for that matter, and then you turn around and do and say the exact same things, you are no better, no different and you need a box of tissues for your issues!

I do and will ride a log ride any ole time I want to, wearing anything I so choose just like the rest of you. In fact, I've even been parasailing in Sandusky Ohio and it was wonderful!

Where do some of you get off telling people what they can wear and where they can go based on apparel?

I have friends on here that are very liberal. I don't judge and criticize them and they don't judge and criticize me. They don't run around making a mockery of my beliefs and practices and I don't make a mockery of their beliefs and practices.

But this nonsense on this forum is going way overboard. Its one thing to discuss matters and another to make a mockery.

Yes, I have retaliated and should not be doing so. I don't want to come here and read mockery...and its not just apparel thats been/being mocked.

To my liberal friends, please excuse me. I'm just disgusted with a few and those few are not you.

LadyRev is in da house!!! Preach it, girl!
Old 05-07-2010, 07:45 AM
Registered Member

Wink Re: Holiness Swim Wear

O Boy!!! I have awakened a sleeping Giant......................Well, where do I start? First of
all ,I don't listen to people that holler at me. I just look at them really weird.

I wasn't mocking anyone. I was stating the obvious. If you want to ride a log ride. Go
for it! I never said you couldn't.

My main point was the couple fully dressed at the water park!!!

Other point being that ,they make look conserative, but are far from it if they are at a
water park!!

In closing, Lady Rev. I hope you are happy now!! I had already gotten forgiveness for
my wrong doings.

Now you have come and opened old wounds. Let it go girl!!!

Have a nice day!!!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Banned

OK!! I am confusssed!!! I have heard a very conservative pastor in MS ,maybe even the pastor of the folks with the trash bags, say that watching football was a sin for men b/c they only wanna see the cheerleaders in skimpy outfits, and have heard hours of screaming about men looking at immodest women but you can go to a water park where there is skin everywhere??? I had a 18 year old very athletic cousin who was swimming in a pond in denim jeans and drown because of catching cramps due to the wieght of wet wranglers!!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 12:21 PM
of 9!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post

LadyRev is in da house!!! Preach it, girl!
LOL........she was shootin from both hips!! : I love it!!
Old 05-07-2010, 12:26 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
LOL........she was shootin from both hips!! : I love it!!
LadyRev is great - just comes boiling out when she needs to.

She does have a point when she said, and this is not against PowerUp, "Where do some of you get off telling people what they can wear and where they can go based on apparel?"

I don't think some realize that, as they are criticizing the Conservatives, they are doing the same thing they accuse the Conservatives of doing - forcing a dress code. LOL! Hilarious!

Her comments go along with Bratti's, which I totally agree with:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
Personally, I find it ironic and contradictory for liberals to demand personal liberty, but mock conservative people the liberty to practice their beliefs. It's done in a way that would seek to deny them the liberty to practice their convictions. At least, deny them the opportunity to do it without being ostracized, mocked, insulted or disrespected.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Banned

As in all the congregations of the saints, women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRev View Post

Old 05-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Love God, Love Your Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
She does have a point when she said, and this is not against PowerUp, "Where do some of you get off telling people what they can wear and where they can go based on apparel?"

I don't think some realize that, as they are criticizing the Conservatives, they are doing the same thing they accuse the Conservatives of doing - forcing a dress code. LOL! Hilarious!

Not quite the same. Libs don't tell conservatives that they'll go to hell for swimming in blue jeans. They (some) just think it looks odd and can be unsafe.

There is a bit of a difference.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstate1 View Post
OK!! I am confusssed!!! I have heard a very conservative pastor in MS ,maybe even the pastor of the folks with the trash bags, say that watching football was a sin for men b/c they only wanna see the cheerleaders in skimpy outfits, and have heard hours of screaming about men looking at immodest women but you can go to a water park where there is skin everywhere??? I had a 18 year old very athletic cousin who was swimming in a pond in denim jeans and drown because of catching cramps due to the wieght of wet wranglers!!!!

Actually, it is "pretty cheerleaders and last minute wins",

Are you ready for some football!!!
A Monday Night Party
This is Hank and I’m ready to get this big bash started
Get the teams on the field, kick it off, that’s right!
‘Cause All my rowdy friends play here on Monday Night!
Showtime!!

Old 05-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMcD View Post
It's summer time girls! I found decent swim wear.
Hey! It's bifurcated and you know what those Bible scholars and the Bible say about "bifurcated garments."