Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-25-2007, 07:11 PM
Registered Member

How was service today 3/25/07?!

I had a great time this morning visiting a house of refuge...the Word was rich...the presence of the Lord sweet.

At my own church this afternoon, they baptized one...

Tell me somthing good...how was service in your realm of influence?!
Old 03-25-2007, 07:31 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Today my wife and I visited a church called Christ's Community. It is located about 6 miles from my house. The pastor is in his 40's and when he was a teenager I was his Sunday School teacher. He and his brother and our three sons were friends at church and also did some visiting back and forth between our homes. I had not seen him in several years. The last time I remember seeing him was back in the nineteen nineties preaching on the tv program that the local ALJC church had.

It is a small church. There were about 30 there today. They started about three and a half years ago with 12 or 13 and have had as many as 50.

There was a very sweet spirit there today. These folks all seem to love one another. My wife and I knew some of them from the time we went to the local ALJC church (1963/64 - 1978). We were welcomed very warmly and treated like special guests.

It was the last Sunday of the month so it was fellowship Sunday. After the service we all ate and fellowshipped.

No body was there who was unsaved so there were no salvations, water baptisms or Holy Ghost baptisms.

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Old 03-25-2007, 07:42 PM
Registered Member

We had a fabulous service today. Our district supt preached for us and really presented some good Words from the Lord. The spirit was sweet. The fellowship warm. And on top of all of that, the weather was beautiful. God is good!!
Old 03-25-2007, 08:04 PM
Christmas 2009

Awesome services; baptized one after the second service. We had 625 in the house. Eddie preached on "God at Work" which will be our theme for the next several months as we go into another major building program. Seems like we've been building something for the past 18 years or so.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:35 PM
Administrator

Pastor Hardwick continued the series the pastors have been preaching on the book of Genesis. Today dealt with Abraham and marriage. Abraham and Sara trying to "help God out" with God's plan by having a child with Hagar and then Abrahams deception passing his wife off as his sister were dealt with. The bottom line was that you can't "go down to Egypt" in God's plans.

Also interesting bit of trivia. Naomi Judd was going to sign her new book in the bookstore after service so they had her come up to the platform and greet the congregation. She mentioned that both Wynonna Judd and Ahsley jud were baptized by Dan Scott at Christ Church. You can add those to the list of celebrity's who have been baptized in Jesus Name.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:36 PM
Christmas 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Pastor Hardwick continued the series the pastors have been preaching on the book of Genesis. Today dealt with Abraham and marriage. Abraham and Sara trying to "help God out" with God's plan by having a child with Hagar and then Abrahams deception passing his wife off as his sister were dealt with. The bottom line was that you can't "go down to Egypt" in God's plans.

Also interesting bit of trivia. Naomi Judd was going to sign her new book in the bookstore after service so they had her come up to the platform and greet the congregation. She mentioned that both Wynonna Judd and Ahsley jud were baptized by Dan Scott at Christ Church. You can add those to the list of celebrity's who have been baptized in Jesus Name.
CC1, was this something recent, or were they baptized a long time ago?
Old 03-25-2007, 09:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
CC1, was this something recent, or were they baptized a long time ago?
A long time ago. Dan Scott and Naomi were reminiscing about the first time they met. Dan said it was about 25 years ago and Naomi came up to him after church and introduced herself and said she had a singing group. He had no idea who she was.

She is a member of Christ Church but travels so much on the weekends she is rarely here. Her husband is here a lot though. I know that Wynonna considers herself a member of the church also but I have only seen her there a few times in the seven years I have been here.

Naomi mentioned that Dan Scott married her and her husband and also Wynonna and her husband.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:45 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

Where I went this morning had a great SS.lesson on the Ten Commandments.
http://www.pensacolachurch.com
At my home church in Jackson,AL. we had a good service this evening.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Honorary Admin

I had an extremely difficult time this morning. I blew my voice out in song service, since I haven't preached in two weeks and could hardly get through the message. I gulped two glasses of water! It was really kind of humorous, but we had a good altar time. Also going to have a number of baptisms for next Sunday!!!
Old 03-25-2007, 10:13 PM
Honorary Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post

Yeah, but was it the REAL Jesus' name?