Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 04-02-2007, 08:53 AM
Registered Member

False doctrines that will ........ in the Church

This came up in the Trinity thread so I will address it. Just because one has been born again by obeying Acts 2:38 does NOT guarantee them into Heaven unless they continue steadfastly in the Apostles' doctrine. Pentecost sadly from the 1st century has had men to began to preach perverted teachings that destryed themselves and those who followed them. In Modern times the same has happened men who once preached truth now preach damnable heresies I will name some examples;
1. The "Adam" doctrine.
2. The "Ultimate Reconciliation" doctrine.
3. The "Serpent Seed" doctrine.
4. The "Spiritual Communion" doctrine.
5. The "Divine Flesh" doctrine.
6. The "Full Preterism" doctrine
Old 04-02-2007, 08:55 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
This came up in the Trinity thread so I will address it. Just because one has been born again by obeying Acts 2:38 does NOT guarantee them into Heaven unless they continue steadfastly in the Apostles' doctrine. Pentecost sadly from the 1st century has had men to began to preach perverted teachings that destryed themselves and those who followed them. In Modern times the same has happened men who once preached truth now preach damnable heresies I will name some examples;
1. The "Adam" doctrine.
Thank you Brother Epley for your word from on high as to what will & will not ........ us.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:56 AM
Bro. Y, I'll never forget...

Elder E, could you perhaps give a brief summary of each for those doctrines for those on AFF who aren't theologians and may not be aware of what you are speaking of....

"You don't need a license to preach, or teach, or win souls." RonB

"In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing. ~ John Andrew Holmes
Old 04-02-2007, 08:56 AM
just lurking...

Quote:
1. The "Adam" doctrine.
Didn't you forget the "no outward standards" doctrine??

Old 04-02-2007, 08:58 AM
Non-Resident Redneck

About the only falso doctrine that will ........ those in the church is preaching standards, from what I have read around here.

Trinitarianism? No problem.

Baptism in the titles? Who cares?

Don't think the Holy Ghost is essential? Hey, God understands.

But God have mercy on the preacher who draws a line without specific chapter and verse.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:59 AM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonskinner View Post
About the only falso doctrine that will ........ those in the church is preaching standards, from what I have read around here.

But God have mercy on the preacher who draws a line without specific chapter and verse.
evidently God have mercy on the preacher who draws a line, even when he does have chapter and verse....
Old 04-02-2007, 09:06 AM
Hello AFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonskinner View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
evidently God have mercy on the preacher who draws a line, even when he does have chapter and verse....
Chips on the shoulder?
Old 04-02-2007, 09:07 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Yeah but the smart folks are here now so we will all see more clearly any day now.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:09 AM
Hello AFF!

Quote:

Quote:
Servetus has gone down in church and secular history as a martyr to Calvinistic intolerance; his execution in Geneva represents a stain that Reformed Protestantism has never quite been able to efface. As a young man, Servetus propounded the distinctive views that ultimately led him the stake. He held God to be one Person only; this God was the literal, natural father of Jesus Christ, who was therefore God’s natural Son. The body of Christ is the body of the godhead... divine and of the substance of deity. According to Servetus, when the Word became flesh, he brought his flesh down with him from heaven. ” [HERESIES; pg. 330]

“Proponents of the Heavenly Flesh doctrine were trying to explain the incredible impact of a single historical figure, Jesus of Nazareth, and could do so only by seeing him as a divine Visitor from heaven, thus minimizing his humanity and his consubstantiality with us. Rather like the Roman Catholic doctrine of transubstantiation, it insists that the divine substance is, or at least was, present among us in bodily, physical form.”
Seems like he had a oneness understanding, except for the flesh coming down from heaven part.

Jesus was :God with us, the fullness of the Godhead dwell ed bodily, God was manifest in the flesh. etc......

They were very close, very close to oneness.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:19 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
1. The "Adam" doctrine.