Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 11-02-2018, 12:48 AM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Re: laying on of hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
You often dig up old posts. Is it through memory and a forum search or do you save them somehow?
Old 11-02-2018, 02:19 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
You often dig up old posts. Is it through memory and a forum search or do you save them somehow?
Memory and forum search usually. Which is bad because the search doesn't always find what I know is there. I also wish FCF and nFCF had been archived because there were some really good posts back then.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 11-09-2018, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Memory and forum search usually. Which is bad because the search doesn't always find what I know is there. I also wish FCF and nFCF had been archived because there were some really good posts back then.
There's something that I wanted to find on FCF. I found the front page archived just yesterday. But, the links on the forum are dead. That's too bad, really.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
There's something that I wanted to find on FCF. I found the front page archived just yesterday. But, the links on the forum are dead. That's too bad, really.
and now I can not find it
Old 01-21-2019, 05:29 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclee4jc View Post
Hebrews 6 mentions 'the laying on of hands' as a foundational doctrine of the Christian Church. I know that this practice is in abundance in Apostolic churches and rightfully so. My question is do we see it as a foundatinal doctrine as (presumaby) the Apostle Paul saw it? What are the implications of such a doctrine? What are we missing in our abundance of practice with possibly little understanding of such practice as a doctrine?
Hi! how are you? hope you do well.
That teaching is one of the basics in the Church of Jesus Christ.
Jesus said "they will put hands on sick and will be healed" as Jesus did when he healed .
When Paul was baptised and healed ,a disciple was send by Jesus to lay his hands to him.
Paul said that he gave (God through him) a gist of Evangelist to Timothy.
Apostles were called at Ephesus to lay hands ,in order to receive the Spirit.
Paul did that also when he preyed for people to receive the Spirit.
Paul also gave instructions to Timothy for the laying of hands in order to anoints (ordain) Pastors.

So when i see, in the bible God gave the work of the Gospel to his saints. They speak the Word and they also lay hands to ordain,heal and receive the Spirit.
I think the problems today are:
1) God never said to ordain a woman.
2) Ordained Pastor (according to Scripture) is by an Apostle. So Pastors who are ordained by themselves is....not biblical (?)
3)All the ministries, one feels in his heart, then the Spirit through a prophet speak for him and confirms and then the Church is laying the hands on them to send them.
Only an Apostle is directly anointed and teached by the Holy Spirit, but i see that even so, God confirmed to Church that through Prophets and the Church laid the hands on them (Paul and Barnabas) to send them in mission.
The other ministries are given through Apostles or Evangelists like Paul layed his hands to Timothy and then let him to ordain Elders with the same manner.

An other thing is that Paul said to be not in hurry to ordain someone and that make so he participate in his sins if he ordain him by his own hands.
A question that many do is, if every man can lay his hands or just those with authority? (what you believe brother?)
I think that for ordain someone must be by one who has that authority ,even praying for a sick , James said to do it the elders!
But for people who we pray as Church? In acts the hole Church put their hands ion Paul..and also Jesus teached that we should be able to do that ,for healing the sick.
Also to come in balance, even that simple disciple who layed his hands on Paul was under instructions by the Holy Spirit to do that.