Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-06-2018, 09:12 AM
Registered Member

Re: Brother Lee Stoneking's Preaching

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
Consider all the times Lee exhorted people, before he ever preached, to stand up, lift their hands, and praise and exalt the wonderful, matchless name of Jesus Christ.

Tens of thousands have obeyed that exhortation, and countless sessions of worship and adoration of the King of Kings has occurred, and countless breakthroughs and miracles, as well, that no one but the person who experienced them, will ever know about.

Anything that may get said after that exhortation is kind of meaningless to the person who received from the Lord.

And maybe you don't need that exhortation, or from him at least, to praise and exalt the wonderful, matchless name of Jesus and break out into a session of worship, but I've been places where he has preached, and there are always lots of folks there who are just barely hanging on, or who have never really grabbed hold to begin with, and standing up, lifting one's hands and surrendering themselves to the Lord in worship is the best thing that could ever happen to such people, and let's be honest, some people DO NEED the exhortation to come from an external source like Brother Lee, because their faith is low, and their joy is gone.

Look at the various prophets in Acts. It reads of them that their main task was to "strengthen the brethren". How then can a brother or sister be strengthened by the ministry of a prophet unless they are first weakened?

So, let the critique go, already. He's still your brother, a child of God, and he is the Lord's workmanship, and to critique him (or anyone else) is to offer a critique of the work the Lord is doing in, on, and through him, to get him to where God wants him to be.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:15 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
Exhorting people doesn't validate the person doing the exhortation.

Its called accountability, and not letting someone hype you up with crazy claims to get you to respond to emotion rather than God.

Some of LS preaching may be fine, but preachers dont have the luxury of "sometimes its in the book" and "sometimes its make believe"
Well, the good news is LS doesn't require your validation.

I'm glad that no story or news you've ever mentioned or posted has turned out to be false or untrue.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post

I'm glad that no story or news you've ever mentioned or posted has turned out to be false or untrue.
In all fairness surely you would agree that this is not the exception with LS but the rule. He hasn't had one or two stories over the years prove to be urban legend but many of them. There is a pattern of him preaching unsubstantiated stories as truth.

This is not a liberal vs conservative issue with me. It is one of integrity, honesty, and truth.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 11-06-2018, 09:33 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

I dont preach stories I preach the Word of God. We must be careful what we say. More Word and less Angels.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:36 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
In all fairness surely you would agree that this is not the exception with LS but the rule. He hasn't had one or two stories over the years prove to be urban legend but many of them. There is a pattern of him preaching unsubstantiated stories as truth.

This is not a liberal vs conservative issue with me. It is one of integrity, honesty, and truth.
Miner's hearing voices from hell
Telescope sighting of cube in space coming towards earth
OBL wives new birth experience

What other stories has he told which have been untrue?

In all fairness, I would say most of the hate started with LS because of his status in the UPC and his stance on women's hair.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:37 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I dont preach stories I preach the Word of God. We must be careful what we say. More Word and less Angels.
More Word and less stories...

Jesus failed the bar you set there.

Congrats on being perfect!
Old 11-06-2018, 09:47 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
More Word and less stories...

Jesus failed the bar you set there.

Congrats on being perfect!
Im not Jesus.

Paul said "Preach the word" Paul and Jesus were not at odds with one another. We are perfected by the word, begotten by the word, faith comes by hearing the word.

whats the argument here? whats your point? Im just not for make believe angel sightings and magic hair. Thats for whoever not just LS. I call it like I see it.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:52 AM
Isaiah 56:4-5

They can never be critical of another preacher, ever.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:08 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Im not Jesus.

Quote:
Paul said "Preach the word" Paul and Jesus were not at odds with one another. We are perfected by the word, begotten by the word, faith comes by hearing the word.
Show me a message in which LS doesn't "preach the word." Using a story during a sermon doesn't mean he didn't preach the word. Every LS message I've heard in person or watched on video has had the word preached.

You're blowing it completely out of proportion and insinuating that all LS does in his messages is tell untrue stories.

Quote:
whats the argument here? whats your point? Im just not for make believe angel sightings and magic hair. Thats for whoever not just LS. I call it like I see it.
If LS wants to believe he's seen angels, who are you to say he didn't? Please explain. Do you believe people have seen angels? Do you bash others who claim to have seen angels?

If LS believes in magic hair, that's his issue.

I've known several ministers who have claimed to see angels. I also know a few who have told stories which turned out to be untrue.

Let's take Y2K as an example. The media and especially end time oriented ministries and Pastors were all talking about how banks and computer systems would collapse and how we would be plunged into the dark ages.

Well, the clock ticked from 11:59PM, December 31st, 1999 to 12:00AM, January 1st, 2000 without a single system going down.

I'm not going to bash them over that.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:10 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post

They can never be critical of another preacher, ever.
Apostolic1ness should post links to his messages so we can critique them and validate his ministry.