Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-18-2018, 08:20 PM
Registered Member

Re: How do evangelists get paid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post

Wot has that to do with paying evangelists?
It had to do with Evangelists so hey I thought "when in Rome". Lol

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 09-19-2018, 05:30 PM
Registered Member

they take up their own offerings
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 09-22-2018, 10:05 AM
Registered Member

Freddy Clark would take up offerings himself until he got enough. He had 37 children traveling with him so he was motivated!
Old 09-22-2018, 10:58 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

I would rather burn then take up an offering for myself.
Old 09-22-2018, 05:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
The tithe of the tithe refers to the Levites' heave offering that was heaved unto the Lord, and was then given to the priests. There is to my knowledge no mention of the priests giving a heave offering once they received the tithe of the tithe.Here is the passage that you seem to be referring to . . .

Numbers 18 KJV
[25] And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
[26] Thus speak unto the Levites, and say unto them, When ye take of the children of Israel the tithes which I have given you from them for your inheritance, then ye shall offer up an heave offering of it for the LORD, even a tenth part of the tithe.
[27] And this your heave offering shall be reckoned unto you, as though it were the corn of the threshingfloor, and as the fulness of the winepress.
[28] Thus ye also shall offer an heave offering unto the LORD of all your tithes, which ye receive of the children of Israel; and ye shall give thereof the LORD's heave offering to Aaron the priest.
[29] Out of all your gifts ye shall offer every heave offering of the LORD, of all the best thereof, even the hallowed part thereof out of it.
[30] Therefore thou shalt say unto them, When ye have heaved the best thereof from it, then it shall be counted unto the Levites as the increase of the threshingfloor, and as the increase of the winepress.
[31] And ye shall eat it in every place, ye and your households: for it is your reward for your service in the tabernacle of the congregation.
[32] And ye shall bear no sin by reason of it, when ye have heaved from it the best of it: neither shall ye pollute the holy things of the children of Israel, lest ye die.

If you follow the sequence, the general population of Israel was to tithe to the Levites, the Levites offered a heave offering of the tithes (the tenth part) as a heave offering to the LORD, THEN you give the LORD's offering to Aaron the priest, and they (the priests and their households) shall eat it in every place. Neither shall you pollute the holy things of the children of Israel (the tithe was holy) lest you die.

The Bible that I typically use (KJV, not saying others aren't okay too), does not mention the tithing chamber in 1 Corinthians 9. Tithe chamber? It is not in thirty one versions of the Bible listed on the Bible Hub for 1 Corinthians 9:13. Did you possibly add that yourself? Is this the Steve Epley NEW and Improved version?

Does the Bible (OT) specify that some Levite singers were to receive tithes, while others were not to receive tithes?

Nehemiah 13:5

[5] And he had prepared for him a great chamber, where aforetime they laid the meat offerings, the frankincense, and the vessels, and the tithes of the corn, the new wine, and the oil, which was commanded to be given to the Levites, and the singers, and the porters; and the offerings of the priests.

It just seems to me that the singers are getting shorted again. Here is another interesting passage concerning singers . . .

[18] All the Levites in the holy city were two hundred fourscore and four.
[19] Moreover the porters, Akkub, Talmon, and their brethren that kept the gates, were an hundred seventy and two.
[20] And the residue of Israel, of the priests, and the Levites, were in all the cities of Judah, every one in his inheritance.
[21] But the Nethinims dwelt in Ophel: and Ziha and Gispa were over the Nethinims.
[22] The overseer also of the Levites at Jerusalem was Uzzi the son of Bani, the son of Hashabiah, the son of Mattaniah, the son of Micha. Of the sons of Asaph, the singers were over the business of the house of God.

And another . . .

[47] And all Israel in the days of Zerubbabel, and in the days of Nehemiah, gave the portions of the singers and the porters, every day his portion: and they sanctified holy things unto the Levites; and the Levites sanctified them unto the children of Aaron.

And another . . .

[10] And I perceived that the portions of the Levites had not been given them: for the Levites and the singers, that did the work, were fled every one to his field

It is really sad . . .

History is repeating itself.

Brother Epley, I really appreciate you at least answering. But, do you consider yourself a priest? or a Levite?

It is relevant because , , ,

The priests only received a tithe of the tithe!
Bump for Bro. Epley
Old 09-22-2018, 06:33 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Bump for Bro. Epley
You seem quite studied on the tithe issue. Are there any other subjects in which you are equally well-versed ?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 09-22-2018, 07:26 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
You seem quite studied on the tithe issue. Are there any other subjects in which you are equally well-versed ?
Old 09-22-2018, 09:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
You seem quite studied on the tithe issue.
Thank you Brother Esaias. You are too kind.

Quote:

Are there any other subjects in which you are equally well-versed ?
Actually, there is a lot that I don’t know about tithes. Maybe someday I will share some of the many things about tithes that I don’t know.
Old 09-22-2018, 11:44 PM
Registered Member

I've not evangelized a lot but when I do it has always been at small churches and the only compensation I will accept is a hamburger after service. Last church I went to was a start up Hispanic church and the Pastor was adamant that I accept $125.00, I did relent as I felt it was a matter of respect that I accept.

That said the Lord has blessed me!
Acts 2:38
Old 09-23-2018, 06:33 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Actually, there is a lot that I don’t know about tithes. Maybe someday I will share some of the many things about tithes that I don’t know.
Tithesmocker, I been reading your posts and basically you just bring up the arguments which all No Tithers bring up. It is like you read those arguments instead of researching the issue. Tithes were never exclusive to Israel/Judah. Tithes were how groups, and religions took care of their people and their priests. The saints in Jerusalem laid everything at the apostles' feet. You are to give as you have available Deuteronomy 16:17, which is 2 Corinthians 9:7. These churches were communes, in the sense that they dwelled with each other from house to house on the daily. offerings were given as to a community purse, which the elders "apostles, pastors, prophets, evangelists, and teachers" had the authority over that purse. Needs of the community were taken care of from that purse. Same as Jesus and His 12, they had a community purse. Jesus wasn't constantly doing carpentry work, Peter throwing nets, Simon the Zealot wasn't preaching rebellion against Rome, and Matthew wasn't collecting taxes while he was traveling with Jesus. We don't see any of the 12 changing their job description other than becoming fishers of men, instead of fishers of fish. Thy were to quit their secular jobs and join Jesus to feed Jesus' sheep. Therefore a system was in place (which was nothing new) it was those who were taught were to share everything with their teacher Galatians 6:6. Again, this wasn't a new idea but was practiced in all cultures in all religions. Tithesmasher what I don't understand with all your baiting and wanting to discuss the issue of ecclesiastical giving you never seem to show how we are to support our ministers? Hey, maybe you have, and I haven't read those posts? Or didn't understand how you pieced it out.

Frankly, I believe anyone who has an issue with giving to their leadership need to keep their money. I have watched ministers suck on their wallets because people held back. They still came to church, they still complained, they still wanted to sing and shout and dance about. But when the offering came they folded up a dollar bill to the size of a micro dot and dropped it into the plate. Giving is helping the minister and his family, 10% or a 100% it helps the minister live above the poverty line.