Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-05-2014, 09:36 PM
Registered Member

Re: Brrrr!!

We got about 12.5 inches of snow today. That's on top of the 6-8 inches we had from a few days ago. Now they're talking about strong winds tonight and dropping temps. They're saying we'll have wind chills that will set records. They're comparing this to the Blizzard of '78. All the counties around here have Level 3 Snow Emergencies which means that only medical personnel and the media are allowed to be on the roads. Anyone else who ventures out can be fined some huge fines and also jailed for up to 6 months. Even alot of the medical facilities (non-emergency) have already closed for tomorrow.

Think I'll just hang out here at home tomorrow
Old 01-05-2014, 10:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
It's supposed to get down to 30 below tonight! With a real feel of -59!!! Brrr!!! I can't remember it being this cold.
WOW!!! The worst I can remember in Missouri as a kid was around -15 or maybe -20. (actual) I don't think I've ever felt a windchill of -59!

It's pretty cold in OK tonight, too--for Oklahoma. 2 with windchill of -2/-7.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 01-06-2014, 12:00 AM
Registered Member

It's plain unbearable here in AZ. Low tonight will be 34, and high tomorrow 68. Have to bundle up in the morning for sure!
Old 01-06-2014, 04:36 AM
mary

Thanks for putting my 8-12" (how does a person measure when drifts are over 2'?) and -30 to -40 windchills, actual high -3 in perspective, you all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
Yeah, what ever happened to global warming?
the polar ice caps are melting. A few more days of this and I'd think they just shifted-Alaska is warmer than Missouri right now, I think! A friend in Anchorage was talking about 30s a couple days ago. Polar bears may need to start migrating south for the winter, and geese (and me) may need to fly north. But I will NOT be stopping in Wisconsin or anywhere else with -59 windchills. Brrrr!
Old 01-06-2014, 08:31 AM
Registered Member

Well, it's warmed up to -24!! (-47 real feel) It's a heat wave. My daughter called into work cold this morning (she drives an hour to work.) The doors here this morning:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (87.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (87.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (91.4 KB, 10 views)

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 01-06-2014, 09:53 AM
Temporary Occupant of Earth

About 72 here...................

Around the fireplace.

Do Not Argue With Idiots, they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:13 AM
Registered Member

Saturday and Sunday it was 48 BELOW with wind chills of 65 BELOW, blizzard winds with blinding snow, SNOW ~ SNOW ~ SNOW ....... it was the most 2 miserable days ever so far this Winter! Today we are into a small *heat wave* .... it is 2* above zero for the highs today but more snow for this week *sigh* as if it ever thaws out here! From October - LATE May....it stays white around here!

May the sun bring you new energy by day, the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life~
(¯`•´¯) ★.¸¸.•*♥
*• ¸.•*☆ *♥ ☯♪♥ N ҉ A ҉ M ҉ A ҉ S ҉ T ҉ E ♥♪☯
✿°`'•.¸¸*°✿✿°`'•.¸¸*°✿✿°`'•.¸¸*°✿
Old 01-07-2014, 09:27 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzchild View Post
Saturday and Sunday it was 48 BELOW with wind chills of 65 BELOW, blizzard winds with blinding snow, SNOW ~ SNOW ~ SNOW ....... it was the most 2 miserable days ever so far this Winter! Today we are into a small *heat wave* .... it is 2* above zero for the highs today but more snow for this week *sigh* as if it ever thaws out here! From October - LATE May....it stays white around here!
Brrr!!

My husband (who supervises close to 50 people) had 4 employees with major psychological issues yesterday. I guess they call the Monday after new year's Blue Monday. I think the oppressive weather is not helping at all!!

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 01-07-2014, 09:40 AM
On the road less traveled

I'm thankful that we haven't had to experience those extreme temperatures here! There are some crazy things going on with the weather, to be sure!

The weather definitely can affect your mood, and there is a diagnosis for it ... SAD (seasonal affective disorder).
Old 01-07-2014, 02:47 PM
of 9!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzchild View Post
OH MY WORD I could not stand that!!!!
What kind of heating do you all use?
How is that baby doing??
How was your Christmas??
I guess you see I'm going by MawMaw now?
May your new year be wonderfully blessed and that snow
melt quick!!