Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 03-10-2008, 12:54 PM
Registered Member

Re: Weedpatch, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
Yes, he died. He got a boil on his neck, pierced it, it got infected and killed him.
I remember hearing about this, Daniel Dawson had died not long before that, and I know that some of his family members were so upset because Bruce had not gone to the doctor about this until it was too late (if at all). They were saying it was such a waste, Daniel had his life ripped from him but Bruce could have avoided his death by going to the doctor when this first started.

I don't know if that is an accurate assessment of the situation, but their feelings were pretty raw at the time.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Sister Alvear

Well, I don´t have the same convictions about doctors that Brother Bruce did...however he lived and died what he believed...I feel sorry for those he left behind...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 03-10-2008, 01:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
Well, I donīt have the same convictions about doctors that Brother Bruce did...however he lived and died what he believed...I feel sorry for those he left behind...
I don't disagree with you sister. I have more respect for someone like him who stayed true to what he had taught, than I do for some of these men who have preached people into hell over going to a doctor and then when they got cancer, all of the sudden it was different.

I do feel for the family members.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:39 PM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyde View Post
I remember hearing about this, Daniel Dawson had died not long before that, and I know that some of his family members were so upset because Bruce had not gone to the doctor about this until it was too late (if at all). They were saying it was such a waste, Daniel had his life ripped from him but Bruce could have avoided his death by going to the doctor when this first started.

I don't know if that is an accurate assessment of the situation, but their feelings were pretty raw at the time.
Well, I can tell you this much: there was absolutely no way Bruce Campbell would ever go see a doctor. It's true that antibiotics could have saved him, but it would have cost him his standing among the crowd he ran with. I will go so far as to say that, had he gone to the doctor, his whole ministry could have been ruined.

You see, he preached against going to doctors. For him to see a doctor, after all the years he preached against it, would have caused him a lot of shame.

Anyway, I probably shouldn't say too much more about it, because I am liable to cut loose and tell you what I really think about him dying. It's enough to say he died for what he believed.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Well, I donīt have the same convictions about doctors that Brother Bruce did...however he lived and died what he believed...I feel sorry for those he left behind...
Sister, one of the really sad things for me about him dying is that I tried getting him life insurance when I was in the business. I put together a really good package; one that covered him, Sis. Campbell, and the kids. His weight caused the insurance company to be willing to insure him, but at a much higher rate than he was willing to pay, so he didn't take the policy out. I hate to see any widow have to go through the death of her husband without any life insurance. Anyway, what's done is done and he's gone now.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:50 PM
I need a Triple Espresso, NOW!

Quote:

No he did not go at all! He did live what he believed!

Quote:
I don't disagree with you sister. I have more respect for someone like him who stayed true to what he had taught, than I do for some of these men who have preached people into hell over going to a doctor and then when they got cancer, all of the sudden it was different.

I do feel for the family members.
I used to feel the same way! I know preachers will preach it hell fire but you really never know what you are going to do until it is your time to choose. Some men, like Bro. Campbell held out and he still won! He's made it to heaven. Some men become scared. I used to judge that but no more.... We can't do that! Even though some preach it hard.... Bro. Campbell preached it hard but when it came down to individuals, it was their choice....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
Sister, one of the really sad things for me about him dying is that I tried getting him life insurance when I was in the business. I put together a really good package; one that covered him, Sis. Campbell, and the kids. His weight caused the insurance company to be willing to insure him, but at a much higher rate than he was willing to pay, so he didn't take the policy out. I hate to see any widow have to go through the death of her husband without any life insurance. Anyway, what's done is done and he's gone now.
Bro. Rico, I think you info might be a little incorrect.... He did have a small insurance plan! It may not have been much but he did have some!

I never met a chocolate I didn't like!

*sigh* I did nothing yesterday.... I wasn't finished so I did nothing again today!
Old 03-10-2008, 03:05 PM
Sister Alvear

Thank the Lord for some...

We don´t have insurance so I cannot say much other than I wish we did...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 03-10-2008, 05:04 PM
Admen in Training

Now, I remember his passing. I am getting old. It is hard to believe in under a month Daniel will have died 1 year ago. It will always be a reminder to me to make sure I am ready to go to heaven.

THis whole not going to dr. thing, I wish that those who choose not to go would at least take care of their temple.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyChocolate View Post
No he did not go at all! He did live what he believed!

I used to feel the same way! I know preachers will preach it hell fire but you really never know what you are going to do until it is your time to choose. Some men, like Bro. Campbell held out and he still won! He's made it to heaven. Some men become scared. I used to judge that but no more.... We can't do that! Even though some preach it hard.... Bro. Campbell preached it hard but when it came down to individuals, it was their choice....

Bro. Rico, I think you info might be a little incorrect.... He did have a small insurance plan! It may not have been much but he did have some!
Maybe he did have a small of amount of life insurance, but I know for a fact that he didn't have near what he needed unless he decided to take some out after I left his church.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Thank the Lord for some...

We donīt have insurance so I cannot say much other than I wish we did...
The next time you and Brother Alvear are in the States get some. I know it's not something people want to think about, but life insurance isn't that hard a thing to get. Lots of companies offer those no medical questions asked policies nowadays. You can't buy a whole lot of insurance that way, but something is better than nothing when the times comes.