Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-09-2010, 08:52 PM
Jerry Moon

Re: Do Fulfilled Eschatologists believe in hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGBTG View Post
Revelationist, I have to admit, I have never heard the view that the old covenant Jews are/were the devil. So are you saying that when satan presented himself to God about testing Job, it was actually the old covenant jews that did this?

Bro. Blume, I said from the beginning that there were spirits...

TGBTG let's let the Bible interpet the Bible...

Job 2:2
2 And the Lord said unto Satan, From whence comest thou? And Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
KJV

At first glance it looks like the little guy in the red suite has come to the Lord about Job...

Gen 4:12
12 No longer will it yield crops for you, even if you toil on it forever! From now on you will be a fugitive and a tramp upon the earth, wandering from place to place."
TLB

So, who come to the Lord about Job? My problems have always been people that come against me.

The heresy hunters are still with us. Only now, instead of stakes, they use their books and radio programs to destroy those they consider heretics.... I'm concerned that heresy hunting may be turning into leukemia because some cultwatchers seem more intent on destroying parts of the body than healing the body....

Come see us on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/Revelationist1948
http://www.sermon.net/sermons-Biblic...rch-14145.html
Old 09-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Saved & Shaved

Do you believe that Cain is Satan?
Old 09-10-2010, 12:46 AM
Registered Member

OMW!

I always knew, there were some characters on AFF, but wow!

Devil was a Jew? Cain? What about Jesus, he was a Jew? Until he got baptized, then he converted to the WPF...What am I talking about?
Old 09-10-2010, 06:16 AM
Jerry Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkley View Post
Do you believe that Cain is Satan?

Matt 16:23
23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
KJV

Just like Jesus said Peter was. When Jesus told Peter, "Get thee behind me, Satan" this should be our starting point on understanding Satan. Satan is a adversary. And at this time Peter was the adversary. Cain become the adversary, and his desendants were cursed. The fallen state of man was the adversary when Job went through his trial.

The heresy hunters are still with us. Only now, instead of stakes, they use their books and radio programs to destroy those they consider heretics.... I'm concerned that heresy hunting may be turning into leukemia because some cultwatchers seem more intent on destroying parts of the body than healing the body....

Come see us on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/Revelationist1948
http://www.sermon.net/sermons-Biblic...rch-14145.html
Old 09-10-2010, 07:08 AM
Saved & Shaved

preterist hermeneutic... tengo miedo! Ja Ja Ja
Old 09-10-2010, 07:25 AM

I guess Ive never heard that angle, Bro. Moon.
What is your take on the following, as to exactly who it was that was tempting Jesus?
( I know, not a little red man w/ horns and forked tail- hehe)

Luke 4

1And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,

2Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered.

3And the devil said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, command this stone that it be made bread.

4And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

5And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.

6And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

7If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.

8And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

9And he brought him to Jerusalem, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple, and said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down from hence:

10For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee:

11And in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

12And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

13And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season.

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29

Last edited by shag; 09-10-2010 at 07:28 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:28 AM
Jesus is the only Lord God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelationist View Post
Matt 16:23
23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
KJV

Just like Jesus said Peter was. When Jesus told Peter, "Get thee behind me, Satan" this should be our starting point on understanding Satan. Satan is a adversary. And at this time Peter was the adversary. Cain become the adversary, and his desendants were cursed. The fallen state of man was the adversary when Job went through his trial.
So the fallen state of man spoke to God concerning Job?! Now, I'm really perplexed...
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)
Old 09-10-2010, 07:39 AM
Freedom@apostolicidentity .com

This thread has been very disappointing ...
Old 09-10-2010, 07:40 AM
Freedom@apostolicidentity .com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkley View Post
preterist hermeneutic... tengo miedo! Ja Ja Ja
Very scary.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:48 AM
Jesus is the only Lord God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAII View Post
This thread has been very disappointing ...
If the thread name was changed to:
"Preterists, when was/will satan and his angels be thrown in the lake of fire:Matt 25:41"

That should garner more attention. To be honest though, if we are to go along the interpretation that Bro Moon has given, then the question is moot because satan is well...not really satan.
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)