Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-16-2009, 01:19 PM
Christmas 2009

Our First Kid's Camp

Our Love & Truth Kids had their very own kid's camp this year, and it started last night. 30 kids got saved last night!!! Tonight, he's preaching on the Holy Ghost, so I'm believing God to pour out His Spirit in a powerful way. An evangelist from our church is preaching the camp, and he's awesome! We have over a hundred there, so we felt like that was a great number for our first year. There are kids from all of our different L & T churches together.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:31 PM
Not riding the train

Re: Our First Kid's Camp

Sherri,
Anything we do for children is so awesome. They love it and need it! It seems any event always falls into place and is successful - more than anything else - when it involves children!

I hope you don't mind me asking you a question. When you say that 30 children were saved, what do you mean by that? What is your determining factor as to whether they are saved? This is not a question asked for any debating reasons or further comments from me. I am just curious and interested in your answer. Thanks! Again, I hope you don't mind me asking!
Old 07-16-2009, 02:30 PM
Christmas 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Sherri,
Anything we do for children is so awesome. They love it and need it! It seems any event always falls into place and is successful - more than anything else - when it involves children!

I hope you don't mind me asking you a question. When you say that 30 children were saved, what do you mean by that? What is your determining factor as to whether they are saved? This is not a question asked for any debating reasons or further comments from me. I am just curious and interested in your answer. Thanks! Again, I hope you don't mind me asking!
Sorry, I should have specified - they repented!! Hopefully tonight they will receive the baptism of the Holy Ghost when the evangelist preaches it. But I still think they're saved anyway.......they have left Satan's kingdom and entered into the Kingdom of Jesus. Hope this explains........
Old 07-16-2009, 02:35 PM
Not riding the train

Thank you, that does explain your view a little better.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:33 PM
Christmas 2009

I'm so excited! Tonight I just saw pictures from the service and there are kids laid out all over the floor at the camp, speaking in tongues and praying for each other! What an awesome move of God for these little kids; they will never forget this. The adults there said it is SO awesome! I don't have a number yet for the ones filled with the Holy Ghost, but I imagine it's a lot.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:38 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
I'm so excited! Tonight I just saw pictures from the service and there are kids laid out all over the floor at the camp, speaking in tongues and praying for each other! What an awesome move of God for these little kids; they will never forget this. The adults there said it is SO awesome! I don't have a number yet for the ones filled with the Holy Ghost, but I imagine it's a lot.
Sounds very "Pentecostal"!

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 07-16-2009, 08:41 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Beautiful, Sherri! You need to post some pictures!! Kids are so sincere!
Old 07-16-2009, 08:43 PM
Christmas 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hoover View Post
Sounds very "Pentecostal"!
Hey, I am Pentecostal and I don't deny it. We have awesome services like this; I love a good move of God! The youth are having their camp next week (at our church) and they are RADICAL! Sometimes they get kind of wild, but I'd rather they be wild for Jesus than wild for the world, so I don't complain. However, this is probably the first time our little kids have seen a move of God like this, but this is the first time we've ever done our own camps.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:44 PM
Christmas 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Beautiful, Sherri! You need to post some pictures!! Kids are so sincere!
I don't know how to move someone else's pictures from FB over to here. They are posted by some of the adults that are at camp.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
I don't know how to move someone else's pictures from FB over to here. They are posted by some of the adults that are at camp.
You could always save a few then bring them here via photobucket...

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves